PDA

View Full Version : After entering, when to give up on being a winner

nvrenftime
09-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Hi:

I'm sure there are several artists here that have won in the Pastel Journal's annual competition. This is the first year I've entered, and have absolutely no idea how long it takes to be notified if you've been chosen for the top 100.

Any input on this? I can only hold my breath for so long! :confused:

Thanks
Martha

RiJoRi
09-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Any input on this? I can only hold my breath for so long! :confused:

Good heavens, Martha, breathe!! You are turning blue!! :)

I have no idea, but I'd guess it takes a while to go through the 1/2 gazillion pictures...

--Rich

crazywoman53
09-08-2010, 02:23 PM
One thing for sure, if you've won you will be notified in time for them to do their thing. Until then just rest in the fact that you've accomplished the task of getting yourself entered. and yes .. breath!!!! lol

Deborah Secor
09-08-2010, 02:52 PM
NOTIFICATIONS
All winners will be notified by January 31, 2011. The results will not otherwise be made public until they are published in The Pastel Journal (April 2011 issue). Non-winning entrants will not be individually notified of the results. Your cancelled check or credit-card charge will be notification for receipt of your entry. To be notified directly of your entry’s receipt, please ship using a trackable method such as FedEx or UPS.
The above is what the official entry page says, so don't hold your breath. The process takes quite a while!!

I hope you make it! :)

nvrenftime
09-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks Deborah. I saw that info too, but I was hoping that it was just a disclaimer, and that the winners would be contacted sooner, to arrange for the interview and head shot. ;)
Martha

sketchZ1ol
09-08-2010, 03:41 PM
hello
whoa babe ! gone Hollywood !?! :lol:
seriously, wish the best for you
:} Ed