PDA

View Full Version : It really IS a small world!

Leaf
10-28-2002, 07:51 PM
Today while browsing through the bookstore, on the shelf whose book should I spy but our very own Jackie Simmonds's Pastel Workbook! To compound my excitement at seeing a familiar name, as I flipped through the magazine "Pastel Journal", whose ad should I see but our very own Terry Ludwig's handmade pastels. I wanted to shriek to passersby "I KNOW THESE FOLKS!" but I didn't. I just grinned like an idiot. :)

Small world, indeed! :)

Leaf

llis
10-28-2002, 10:46 PM
I know exactly what you mean. :)

I have a pastel journal with an article by our very own Diane Johnson and an American Artist magazine with our very own Bruin70 and then there is the one with Tim Tyler...and

Gosh... don't we have some wonderful folks already famous and published.... and many more that should be or are headed that way.

Makes one feel proud to be in such company!

KarenU
10-29-2002, 01:33 AM
I agree...isn't it wonderful that everyone here, be they well known or not, are so giving of their time, support and inspiration. That's what makes this such a fabulous place!! :D

jackiesimmonds
10-29-2002, 02:22 AM
S'funny, but I still get a kick every time I see my own name in print, and thanks so much, you guys, for noticing too!!

Unusual to find a Pastels Workbook ... they are now sold out, so this must have been a lone left-over.

My first book, Pastels WorkSHOP, (better book in many ways, has other people's work to look at too) is going to be reprinted in January or February, but Pastels Workbook is finished now, except for the last 10 or so copies I have at home! Nice to know there might be one or two out in the world, waiting to be purchased!

Jackie

pampe
10-29-2002, 05:29 PM
LOL

I know what you mean, Leaf...I went to the Montana Watercolor Society Show this weekend....and there was a painting I had commented on in the Open Critique forum by Domsanto....what a treat....