PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 10.28.02 - a newbie scumbles in...

gredelin
10-28-2002, 10:58 AM
Do I dare? I miss you guys today!

Been lurking for a couple of weeks now, and wow! isn't this the place to be! I'm a computer engineer who's been a full time mom for almost a year, at home with my darling twin boys. Looking at the class schedule of a local art center, the word PASTELS jumped from the page, and I have really fallen in love with them (it's been a whole month since I bought my first box ;)). Before that, it's been about ten years since I've made even the measliest little sketch - where oh were does time flie?

I had just about mustered the courage to post when kellysue posted her apples (they are gorgeous, kellysue!) and I suddenly wanted to hide these instead of showing them. But here goes, my third pastel ever - Rembrandts on 11x14 white Strathmore pastel paper.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Oct-2002/gthapples1.jpg
/Gunilla

llis
10-28-2002, 11:51 AM
It's so much fun to find new materials to create our art work. I've been playing around with pastels for this past year and really do love how fast they get the job done. I took a pastel workshop with Marsha Savage and have the book from Jackie Simmonds ... still waiting on the video... and am enjoying each new thing I learn.

Today I'm working a bit in the studio, cleaning out some things and getting some art work framed for a show I'm going to be in. It's amazing how fast stuff gets put back in a corner here and there. I can't seem to throw anything out. Who knows... it might be saved....or I might have a use for it later. :)

It's raining here.... I love to clean when it is raining. :)

Luvy
10-28-2002, 12:15 PM
Welcome to WC Lots of great and helpful people here. I've learned alot through this site. Started with pastels about 6 months ago and I too fell in love with them *S* I do need to get back to my oils though. But Pastels are so easy to just pick up and start something. Looks like you picking them up very well *S*

KarenU
10-28-2002, 07:00 PM
Welcome gredelin!! Aren't you glad you stopped lurking and started posting so we can all get to know you, and you us! :D

For your third pastel ever...you did an OUTSTANDING job!! Those apples are just luscious! Don't ever be afraid to post your work...that's how we ALL learn here. I'll look forward to seeing more of your work! And again, welcome! :D

chookbrown
10-28-2002, 07:05 PM
Welcome to the Pastel Forum!!! Lots of talented people here willing to share info and offer advice....

Colleen :D

Redsy333
10-28-2002, 11:13 PM
LURKER!:D
lol Glad you decided to appear;) Love the picture, you have a great style, waiting to explode heaps of pics for us to marvel at!!:D
Welcome aboard:D