PDA

View Full Version : WIA - Saturday 9-4-10

TheBlueBetween
09-04-2010, 03:34 PM
September. Heh. I'm sure you saw on FB that we are officially homeschooling. there is just no room at the other school, and the chances of their having room is very slim. I'm scrambling now to come up with a curriculum. Luke is excited.

PT guy said he thought frank would definitely have to have surgery - that the damage is not going to go away on it's own. we tend to agree, still waiting for the surgeons to give him an appt.

I got some new beads from Donna Millard that I think I'll turn into a necklace soon... that will be fun.

:wave: for now - hope you are all having a good weekend/holiday weekend...

BeadTowne
09-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Pam, Good luck with curriculum. I'll help with anything if you think I can help. So sorry about Frank. Guess it's good to know you explored other options. OMG! (Had to do that!) Donna's beads are incredible!

Not much happening here. Need to get moving on errands as I haven't been out of the house in days. My sister is coming tomorrow to bring some of her stuff that she'll need when she moves here temporarily. Have I said that here? Know I was MIA for awhile. She'll be moving to Chico, will buy her own house, the San Jose house is getting there to be on the market, she'll move up here in a couple weeks and stay with me until she has her own place. It could take months, but she is pretty determined to find a house. It will be fun and challenging at the same time.

Happy weekend to all!

TheBlueBetween
09-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Maggie, I hear you on the fun but challenging - but how nice to have them in your town - I hope they find something great, asap! I may take you up on the curriculum advice... I'm still figuring things out. I have workbooks and mathletics website, I'm liking the looks of brainpop.com website and we have all kinds of books on science and history and stuff, plus library, plus classes at the homeschool, plus skiing and sports and music and I'm sure drama will have some opportunities at the center soon (will figure that out next week). and art. and... who knows. he will be busy! Still trying to brainstorm HOW I'm going to be able to melt glass and run my business TOO. My brain is spinning, obviously.

Barrie
09-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Maggie, sounds like you'll have an interesting time with you sister staying with you. At least she has a plan, and isn't going to be staying indefinitely. Although you have the perfect house - how's she gonna top that?! lol

Pam, well, the adventure begins!! You'll be awesome as usual, but you will need to SCHEDULE some you time or you're going to go crazy. I think it might be all about the scheduling - and convincing Luke that he needs to self-entertain himself! lol good luck with that!! Sounds like you have some excellent resources at hand. Sorry to hear Frank's back isn't getting better. Hope the surgeon comes through soon.

:wave: to everyone that makes it by today. We took a little trip to town to pick up some aquarium supplies, then home for a quiet afternoon. Bead Show class stuff has been proof read and I just have to make the required adjustments, then I think we're good to go. We shall see anyway! Other than that, not much else going on! :) I think my quiet day is going to blend into a quiet evening! Yay! Have a lovely weekend all!! Cheers!