PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 10.27.02

Redsy333
10-27-2002, 01:23 AM
Its now 1:18 a.m. Sunday
Early Morning Call:D

Just strolling in from a busy day (yesterday now) :)
Had to bust out my book of etiquette, went to several parties this evening to max out my social quota! I think I am good now for at least 2 months...maybe 3? hehe Saturday was the day for all the Halloween Parties, and I had to attend 3:( So I got to be a social butterfly today (yesterday)!----> bluck:D lol
I definitely sympathize for you KarenU, I hate to entertain when I have that URGE to paint!!If I dont get at least a couple of hours a day in the paints, I become Cruella!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Well its time to sleep now, so I will see you all in the daylite hours bearing heaps of Coffee and doughnuts!!:)
Chow,
Redsy:)

chookbrown
10-27-2002, 09:45 AM
Hi all, now I can get caught up and post on the correct day.... Geez Redsy, don't know how I missed your early morning post... I worked until 130am this morning. Today I have a planning meeting for my workshop in November so that should be fun and I hope to start some new pieces.... Have worked in colored pencil over the last two days and now it's time to do some more pastel....

Have a great Sunday/Monday for those of you down unda....

Colleen :D

sundiver
10-27-2002, 10:13 AM
It's nice to join the Daily Scumble when I'm actually sipping my coffee in the morning.
Weekdays, my mornings are more like a Daily Scramble. Up at 6:15, then gogogogogo till I'm home from work and supper's over.
I like my job but the pace is frenetic.
My teenager (her WC nick is Julsiebear) was in her first public art show this weekend. A group sponsored a sale by 70 local artists and had a section to display-only some student work from the 2 district high schools, so they could mingle with the "pros".There were about a dozen student works displayed, she had a wonderful time at the reception Friday, and yesterday there were 2 calls to ask if she would sell her pastel (of mebucko's cat from his Drawing Event). :D Thumbs up to WetCanvas!

Chookbrown, are you giving the workshop or attending it?

chookbrown
10-27-2002, 11:25 AM
Hey Sundiver!! I am giving an "Intro to Colored Pencil" workshop which is usually a lot of fun..

Colleen :D

'

KarenU
10-27-2002, 11:35 AM
Morning all!! :D Well let's see....today we are going to Halfmoon Bay, California. Beautiful little seaside town about an hours drive north from us. Quaint little town with fun shops and several very good restaurants. We'll be late brunching there. Looks like a beautiful day here already....the sun is out and hopefully it will be in the mid 70's or so. I'm hoping to get some more good photos for the reference library. :D

I meant to tell you all that yesterday...when we went to the Filoli Estate, they were having an art show. Beautiful renditions of several different locations within the estate. The best part...the first place winner was a pastel!! :D I got all the info on the shows (they do 2 a year) and plan on entering at least one next year. They also have artist evenings at the estate, where they allow artists and photographers in, after hours for several hours, to avoid the crowds. If you live in the area, or are visiting the area, the Filoli Estate is definitely worth a visit.

Hopy you all have a nice day. See you in the threads! :D

Katherine J
10-27-2002, 11:53 AM
I just realized I have another whole hour to paint today as we forgot to put our clocks back last night. Good. It's raining here in lovely Halfmoon Bay, Canada; could finally be the start of winter. That's what they're like around here - wet! Sounds as though you have a nice day planned, Karen, at your Halfmoon Bay.

Still working on my pastel apples - think I'm not critical enough about my own work. Something wrong with the background but not sure what. Oh, for digital to be able to post right away!

Happy painting or whatever to everyone.