PDA

View Full Version : Project Discussion: Dream Art

hummingbird
10-25-2002, 06:33 PM
A new project has been announced in the WetCanvas! project system!

Title: Dream Art
Project Leader: hummingbird
Relative Difficulty: Irrelevant
Type Restrictions: Any Type
Medium: Any Medium
Subject: Not Applicable
Days open for signups: Always
Maximum participants allowed: Unlimited

Description:

Every night when we sleep we dream --whether we always remember them or not. In fact, researchers say we dream several times a night. Here is the opportunity to use some of that content and create art from it.

First you'll need a dream to work with unless you have been keeping a dream journal and have some to work from already. If you don't usually recall your dreams, make a point of telling yourself you will remember your dreams, ("I will remember my dreams") just as you are falling asleep. That is what many researchers suggest and it works. Then, whatever you remember in the morning about your dream, be sure to record in words or pictures in as much detail as you can recall. After you do this awhile, you will have many to choose from.

Choose one dream that really draws you. Maybe it is especially meaningful, or one you have alot of questions about, or maybe it just seems like it would be great to explore in imagery. Then in whatever way feels comfortable pick a scene, or focus on the mood and begin drawing, painting, sculpting, or collaging, etc. your dream. Put down whatever conveys this dream for you. Be as abstract or representational as you like. This is the kind of project that is more about the process than the "product." Let yourself have fun with it. Whatever you make is right.

Additional Information:

For more information on the project: Click here! (http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/browse_details.php?proj_id=294)

Remember, in order to help keep the discussions on projects organized, you should post your questions, suggestions, and comments on submitted work here in this thread. By doing this, we allow other non-project efforts to not get "pushed down" by a swarm of project-related threads.

TeAnne
10-25-2002, 07:59 PM
I'm in :) Thanks

sassybird
10-25-2002, 11:56 PM
I'm signed up too :D

hummingbird
10-26-2002, 04:12 AM
Hi Te and Sassybird! Sassybird, thanks for checking up on this project for me :) and welcome to you and Te!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think this will be fun. You can do anything you want with the dream for your project. Just pick a portion of it to use or just the mood --whatever. Its up to you whether you care to share the dream in words too for everyone or not in your progress entries.

Just ask that everyone be respectful of each others dreams.

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Leaflin
10-26-2002, 10:39 AM
I signed up too :D
But be patient with me 'cause I'm slow!

hummingbird
10-26-2002, 11:12 AM
Glad you're in Leaflin! Thats OK take your time. Find that dream that you really want to work with.

Pat

jolie
10-26-2002, 04:47 PM
what an interesting idea!!! i'm going to sign up too, but i'm sure i'll be slow as well. have a lot going on right now, but i definately don't want to miss participating in such a great project. i can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

jolie

artcrazy
10-26-2002, 07:52 PM
Ok I'm signed up! First time I've signed up for a project that was just getting started........eeeek the pressure!:eek: well, not really pressure, more exciting than anything! What a great idea for a project! After just saying on another thread that i don't have time to do anything, I couldn't resist signing up!!!!

I know EXACTLY what dream I'm gonna do.......;) probably the one of the coolest dreams I ever had............:p

Thanks for this Hummingbird!:D

melaleuca
10-26-2002, 08:15 PM
Hummingbird- This sounds way too cool to miss!

I signed up too. But I'm going to be slow as well

hummingbird
10-26-2002, 10:04 PM
Waving hi to Jolie, artcrazy, melualeuca! :clap: Glad you're joining in (Jolie sign up whenever you are ready). I know hlee and mariela have joined us too. :clap: :clap:

Its perfectly OK if its gonna take some time to do your project. I think with something like dreams it can't be rushed anyways, don't you? You gotta have that one that really calls to you. I've got two that I'm tossing around for the project but I'm gonna wait a week or so and see what I dream this week. Might like one of those better.

Artcrazy, I love your enthusiasm!! Can't wait to see yours. And everyone's.

If you get a chance, check out that link on the project page. Theres some awesome examples of dream art there and quite a number of them too.

Good dreams to all,
Pat

dupliKate
10-27-2002, 11:25 AM
I've joined too.....but I now have four outstanding projects I haven't finished yet....as long as this one doesn't have a deadline, I'll eventually get there....

Great topic Hummingbird....looking forward to it!

K

:)

TeAnne
10-29-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by dupliKate
I've joined too.....but I now have four outstanding projects I haven't finished yet....as long as this one doesn't have a deadline, I'll eventually get there....

Great topic Hummingbird....looking forward to it!

K

:)

I counted mine. *ugh* I have 8

inkskin
10-30-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by TeAnne

I counted mine. *ugh* I have 8

Whoa,TeAnne,don't hurt yourself:D Honestly, I don't know where you get your stamina. I signed up too, knowing how much I have going on right now,but couldn't miss out on another cool project.

hummingbird
10-30-2002, 06:56 AM
Welcome inkskin and dupliKate!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Glad you joined in! Theres no deadline so you're OK :) I think I have about 5 projects left to do myself. Had 8 but did 3. Lots of fun stuff to do here, hard not to sign up.

I think I'll proably get a start on mine this weekend. I'm gonna go with a dream that I had quite awhile ago. I called it my "Spirit Bus" dream. It was a really weird dream. In the dream my husband and I were standing in the grocery store parking lot at night and up in the sky there was this bus flying thru the air in a big circle. I could follow it about half way thru its circle and then it would be too far to see. But it would come back around. The bus seemed to be inside a big white irridescent bubble --it was a real sight in the sky. We waited for it, and I wanted to board this bus. Well it did land and at first the lady bus driver wasn't sure I could board the bus. Asked me questions (the questions were real weird, made no sense). Finally she decided I could come on. I got on the bus and it was so brightly lit inside it was almost blinding. I knew there were like 3 other people on the bus but it was hard to see them it was so bright, they were just vague forms. I sat down and I could see feathers lined up along the sides at the top of the bus. I never really did figure out what it mean and it was very unusual and so I decided to work with that one. I've had reoccuring dreams with buses in them, but not like this one. Yet a bus seems to be a symbol of some kind for me. So I want to explore this further.

I'm gonna paint it. Just need to pick up a good size canvas. I have an idea how I want to do it.

Pat

TeAnne
10-30-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by inkskin

Whoa,TeAnne,don't hurt yourself:D Honestly, I don't know where you get your stamina. I signed up too, knowing how much I have going on right now,but couldn't miss out on another cool project.

I think it's jumped up to 10 now. :eek:

hummingbird
10-31-2002, 04:00 PM
Cracking up Te! Don't know how you do it tho. When I was just in the Art Projects area, I saw the Birds of a Feather Project and your entry. Fantastic job on those lovebirds!!! I have parrotlets and everyone always mistakes them for lovebirds. And I love your kitty paintings too --have seen some of them in the art projects too.

Anybody getting ideas of what they want to do for their Dream Art project? Not rushing anyone at all...just curious.

Pat

artcrazy
11-01-2002, 11:08 AM
Hello!
Hummingbird I am getting some ideas for the project. I'd love to do more than one entry - if time permits! But I do have a preliminary sketch of one of my dreams down on paper. I'm just kinda mulling it over in my mind, and plan to get cracking when I get some time.
I always used to be so jealous of people who dreamed they were flying, and then I had this one dream where I was flying in a snowstorm with two seagulls. It was very beautiful and free. I am going to paint a version of this. For some reason, when I sat down to do my sketch, I drew myself sitting on a huge tree branch, not flying. Still trying to figure out how I'm gonna get the snow effect. I'm also trying it in a new medium - dye on silk. I haven't actually done anything with this yet, but I have all the supllies now and am looking forward to experimenting!!!! Should be lots of fun!!!!:D Can't wait to see other people's projects up on the boards as well!!!;)
Nicole

hummingbird
11-01-2002, 12:10 PM
Morning Nicole! Wow, that sounds really exciting! Dye on silk..yep, never did that. Can't wait to see. Your dream of flying with the seagulls...good imagery there! Interesting about how when you sketch it tho, you are actually on the branch and not flying. I think thats what makes working with dreams so wonderful --theres the actual dream itself and then theres the waking associations/consciousness and everything to the dream...makes for alot of good material. These dream projects can have both in it...doesn't have to be a literal representation of the dream..unless someone wants it to be.

Hmmmm...wish I knew something about dying silk to get that snow effect. If it turns out there isn't a way to get the snow effect onto the actual silk painting... what about possibly overlaying a sheer material on top of the silk painting? Theres so many sheer fabrics nowadays...maybe one would resemble snow? Just tossing that idea out there.

Looking forward to seeing your project!

Pat

hummingbird
11-07-2002, 08:35 PM
Regarding entry---->http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=15240

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Nov-2002/tn_dream.jpg

Hi Ruth, your painting of "The Guide" is absolutely incredible. :clap: :clap: :clap: It has a very protective mystical feel to it. Its just gorgeous. I'm truly bowled over.

That must have been one powerful dream. What medium is this? Thank you sooo much for joining the project. You've done an awesome job!

Pat

artcrazy
11-08-2002, 07:05 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=15240

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/294/completed/887/tn_dream.jpg

WOW! This is really beautiful!!!! What is the medium? Absolutely lovely!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ruth
11-08-2002, 09:14 AM
Thanks y'all! It's acrylic on canvas, 24 x 36. Glad you like it!

Ruth

hummingbird
11-08-2002, 10:35 AM
Hi Ruth! Aaah, acrylics! :-) So detailed. Well I absolutely LOVE it. Mine won't be anywhere near as good (I'm on my 4th attempt at the moment, LOL), yours was outstanding!

Pat

hummingbird
11-08-2002, 11:01 AM
Regarding entry--->http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_final2.php?userid=14383&proj_id=294

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2002/tn_Fflowers.jpg

This was the dream painting that I had done and used for the project icon. I figured I would include it with my final entries. I'm working on another painting which will hopefully be done soon.

Pat

hummingbird
11-08-2002, 03:32 PM
Regarding--->http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_final2.php?userid=14383&proj_id=294

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Nov-2002/tn_sbus.jpg

This is my painting "Spirit Bus." I wanted to do something to kinda relive and remember my dream which is why I painted this. Not a painting to hang on the wall. But just for a visual exercise in dreamwork.

Pat

plumpfairy
11-08-2002, 06:15 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=15250

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/294/completed/14383/tn_Fflowers.jpg

Your comments here (please leave the links above intact, so others know what you are talking about!).

Hummingbird, this is so pretty! I love flying dreams! I sometimes like to explore other forums, just for fun. I'm glad I looked into this one today. I didn't realize you had this Project going about Dreams. I checked out the req. and it read "any medium"....oooo! Delightful!
I will sign up!
Thank you.
jana:D :clap: ;)

plumpfairy
11-08-2002, 06:18 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=15257

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/294/completed/14383/tn_sbus.JPG

Your comments here (please leave the links above intact, so others know what you are talking about!).

OOOO! Hummer! This is kool too! Real feathers? Awesome! Thanks for the tip about not trying to go DETAIL....but more in the light of mood and simplicity.

plumpfairy
11-08-2002, 06:22 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=15240

:o OOOOO! Ruth! I love this. Sad and a hint of wisdom (the owl). The bright purple,pink, yellow spot is intrigueing, just above her head on the L (our L).

hummingbird
11-08-2002, 09:05 PM
Hi Jana! Glad you were browsing this forum and signed up :) Looking forward to your dream art.

Yep, those are real feathers. I have a good supply of feathers from my parrots which they shed naturally. Funny thing is, I had this dream before I was ever interested in or got birds...this bus is a repeated dream image for me. Sometimes I wonder if those dream feathers were an omen almost?

Pat

plumpfairy
11-10-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by hummingbird
Hi Jana! Glad you were browsing this forum and signed up :) Looking forward to your dream art.

Yep, those are real feathers. I have a good supply of feathers from my parrots which they shed naturally. Funny thing is, I had this dream before I was ever interested in or got birds...this bus is a repeated dream image for me. Sometimes I wonder if those dream feathers were an omen almost?

Pat

:D Howdy Pat! Just went to visit your web.....OOOOO! So light, free, airy, beautiful art you do. Love it!
An omen?....hmmmm....could be, eh?
It (the bus image) reminds me a bit of a movie with Meryl Streep, shoot! I can't recall the name of it. But, Meryl is in heaven and is having a great time (all she can eat? weee!)....and this other fella who is struggling and not having a great time.....kinda funny. Anyway, they get to heaven by a BIG BUS!
Maybe you got a premonition thingy goin' on here.(?).
jana:D ;)

inkskin
11-10-2002, 07:48 PM
These are all fabulous so far. It is interesting to see how many dreams of flying or being in the sky somehow stand out as such memorable dreams. I realised that mine has to do with the sky too.I can't wait to get more work done on mine now.

Heather

hummingbird
11-11-2002, 11:09 AM
Jana! Thank you for visiting my site and for your kind words. When you mentioned homepage, I clicked on your profile and was glad you had one I could visit. OMG, Jana!!!! I am totally ***entranced*** by your paintings. They are sooooooo magickal!!!! OMG! Can you tell I'm drooling? :) Tell me, what medium are they? These kinds of paintings...these are where I hope to be someday but its gonna take me a loooong time to get there. I absolutely can't wait to see what you come up with for your dream project!!! You have an awesome site. Everybody, go visit!

Thats neat about the Meryl Streep movie --maybe one day I'll get to see it :) Thanks for the lead! I'm curious about their bus now :)

Hi Heather! Yep, I agree about dreams and the flying ones. I *love* those. Wish I had more of those. Your project has to do with the sky? Can't wait to see. Love all these hints you guys are giving. Looking forward to seeing everyones. This is so much fun!

Pat

plumpfairy
11-11-2002, 05:31 PM
:D Hummer! You are too kind! Isn't that funny, I was wishing I could paint like YOU! My hand and heart are heavy......I want to be loose, light, and freee like what and how you paint!
Well, as for the medium, I use DIGITAL.....Adobe photoshop LE.....do you dabble in digital?.....I think that is where most of the 'MAGICK' in my art comes from.....I had tried to achieve the same "light"and brilliant lively color in my organic art , i.e., chalk pastels, acrylic, charcoal....but to no avail....and frustrated....
then I was given a hand-me-down ol' i-MAC and BEHOLD!
I discovered fabulous color and light! WEEEEEE!
No inhaling caustic fumes,,, an no mess to clean up!YAY!
However, I do get itchy to get my hands dirty sometimes.:rolleyes: ;)
Thank you for such yummy Kudos!

I'm still tryin' to recall the name of that movie with Meryl.
I'll let you know when it surfaces!

inkskin
11-11-2002, 09:54 PM
The movie is called 'Defending your Life" I love it-you're right, the bus reminds me of that too. Very Nice.:D

Heather

plumpfairy
11-12-2002, 09:42 AM
HEATHER!!! YOU ANGEL!!!:angel:
That's IT! Phew! Now I can take that one off the front burner!;)
Thank you oodles! And now Hummer can rent it and see her Heaven Bus!
Terrrific!
Yep! I really enjoyed that film too.
jana:D :angel:

hummingbird
11-14-2002, 06:26 AM
Jana-- I can't get over that your paintings are digital! They are so cool! I even showed your page to my hubby and he really thought it was cool too. Wow, digital...no, I don't know how to do anything like that. Thats just sooo amazing and the colors you can get -wow! Cracking up about no inhaling caustic fumes or mess, LOL Thanks for your comments on my site --I think we got a mutual fan club going :)

Heather--thank you so much for the title of the Meryl Streep movie! I'm gonna have to look for it. I don't even know how the dang new VCR works, LOL We bought it a few years ago and I think we've used it only 3 or 4 times -hahahaha. But I'll have to try and get this movie -gotta see the bus. Thanks for the title and Jana thanks for the recommendation!

Pat

busy91
11-14-2002, 02:09 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=15257

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/294/completed/14383/tn_sbus.JPG

I love this, it is ver dreamy. The fethers give it that extra 3D punch.

maxdawn
11-14-2002, 09:14 PM
Not to sure I can remember a dream but I will try to remind myself to remember it. I guess any subject matter would work. Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with....I plan on having fun doing this......:clap:

hummingbird
11-14-2002, 09:27 PM
Hi Liz! Thank-you. I'm glad you liked it and glad you joined the project. :clap: Can't wait to see yours! I'm so looking forward to seeing what happens in everyones dreams:) I *love* dreams.

Hi Maxdawn! Glad you signed up too! :clap: Take your time with your project, no rush. But you're right any dream subject is good -- its just whichever one you choose--if you love it or want to explore it further, thats good to use. It does seem to really help to remind yourself to remember your dreams when you are falling asleep. Talking about dreams helps in recalling them too, which is what we're doing:) Glad to have you and Liz aboard:)

Pat

plumpfairy
11-15-2002, 04:44 PM
Jana-- I can't get over that your paintings are digital! They are so cool! I even showed your page to my hubby and he really thought it was cool too. Wow, digital...no, I don't know how to do anything like that. Thats just sooo amazing and the colors you can get -wow! Cracking up about no inhaling caustic fumes or mess, LOL Thanks for your comments on my site --I think we got a mutual fan club going :)

Heather--thank you so much for the title of the Meryl Streep movie! I'm gonna have to look for it. I don't even know how the dang new VCR works, LOL We bought it a few years ago and I think we've used it only 3 or 4 times -hahahaha. But I'll have to try and get this movie -gotta see the bus. Thanks for the title and Jana thanks for the recommendation!

Pat

Hey Pat! Yep! We sure do have a mutual fan club goin' here! YAY! Warm fuzzies all around for everyone!
Hope you can find that film, it's quite a few years old, and very funny!
Oh, and I am having PHOTOSHOP issues right now, haven't been able to do any art for 3 days:( ....but, workin' on the prob. So, I may be a bit late in submitting my "dream image". Sorry.

hummingbird
11-21-2002, 05:47 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=15612

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/294/progress/14534/tn_dreamtime.JPG

This is great! :clap: :clap: :clap: I loved your explanation in your progress entry of the dream. And how you came to do this painting. When I look at it, I feel power in this painting. The power of being free. Of not having to put anything on and being able to just bask in the suns warmth. Just pure being. You know the shadows on the little hill she is standing on? They look like roots. Like seeming to say her strength is rooted, solid. You've done a wonderful job!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pat

ginatec
11-21-2002, 10:19 AM
Thanks Pat for the kind words...glad you like it.

plumpfairy
11-21-2002, 11:16 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=15623

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/294/completed/14534/tn_dreamtime.JPG

:D Very nice image! Vulnerable yet warmed by the sun. Actually, it sounds like an uncomfortable dream. Naked to the world...feeling the need to cover up.
I've had similar dreams. For me, they are stressful.

hummingbird
11-22-2002, 07:33 AM
Hi Gina! Oh good you put your painting in the finished entries so now its in the gallery :clap: Good, I was gonna ask you to do that. It looks cool in there!

Note: Hi Guys! I'm having computer problems so if you upload something for the project and don't hear from me today or tomorrow thats why. I need to go get more hard drive. Just wanted to let you know.

Pat

hummingbird
11-27-2002, 05:23 PM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=15780

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/294/completed/1887/tn_multivinnis.jpg

Oh WOW TeAnne! Now how did you do these pictures? Are they from digital photos? I love all the various layers of colors and lighting. What's your cat's name? The ones in the gold colors remind me of my old cat Goldie. Same exact sweet face :cat: Now is your cat dark --like a dark gray? I love these! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm glad you did a cat dream for our project!

Pat

TeAnne
11-27-2002, 08:50 PM
Hi Pat, thanks :)
His name is vinni-van (WC! Mascot) :D
Yes digital pics, all re-manipulated. It took me a month to get to this stage. Took ages to figure out how to get transparency with CorelDraw but finally I figured it out :D
Here is vinni for you :cat:
This is more his colour.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/44/completed/1887/DCP_0007.jpg

plumpfairy
11-29-2002, 11:39 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=15780

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/294/completed/1887/tn_multivinnis.jpg

:D Hey Te!
Oh yea, I've seen this one before......love it! Allways a treat for me to see Vinni! He is precious. I love the additional Vinni images you posted here too!

hummingbird
12-04-2002, 04:04 PM
Te! I feel so stupid for not realizing vinni-van *is* your cat's name. I can believe it took that long to do the project...I wouldn't even know where to start! It came out wonderful tho. I just ***love*** the portrait you did of him. You do the *best* cats!! He sure is beauuuuuutiful!

Pat

TeAnne
12-05-2002, 07:30 AM
Thanks Pat and Jana :D
Jana this is a new version to the one you saw before :)

You people had some wicked dreams WOW :clap: :clap:

plumpfairy
12-07-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by TeAnne
Thanks Pat and Jana :D
Jana this is a new version to the one you saw before :)

You people had some wicked dreams WOW :clap: :clap:

:eek: :rolleyes: oops! sorry Te! I didn't realize.
jana:angel:

TeAnne
12-07-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by plumpfairy

:eek: :rolleyes: oops! sorry Te! I didn't realize.
jana:angel:

Not a prob Jana ((((((((((HUGZ)))))))))))

plumpfairy
12-12-2002, 11:09 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=16098

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/294/completed/10420/tn_flying_dream.jpg

Hey y'all! I finally was able to submit this dream. Sorry it took sooooo long. Had/have eye problems last 2 wks. And before that it was a Photoshop problem. Hope you enjoy it! .....side note....I didn't paint the part where I had to FLAP AND FLAP AND FLAP to get lift......while scraping my belly on the water's surface.....eeeek!

hummingbird
12-13-2002, 07:42 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=16098

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/294/completed/10420/tn_flying_dream.jpg

Hi Jana! This is ***wonderful!*** It definately has an otherworld type feeling to it. Its so soft. You did a beautiful job! :clap: :cool: :cool: Oh no about the part about flapping and scraping your belly on the waters surface! Don't worry about it being "late" --its not late. Sure was worth waiting for! Just hope your eye problems are better now. Thanks for participating Jana!

Pat

artcrazy
12-13-2002, 08:27 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=15250

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/294/completed/14383/tn_Fflowers.jpg

:p Hi! I'm late commenting on all these, but I've really enjoyed looking at them! Hummingbird, I just had a dream about flying last night! Aren't the flying dreams awesome!! I really love the colors, shapes and movement in this one. It is perfect as the icon for this project! :)
You must have really enjoyed doing your paitings, the spirit bus is very nice and mystical, too.;) :D
Well, off I go to comment on the other entries!! I just think they are all awesome! I have had very limited internet access in the last month due to moving, so haven't had much time or opportunity to participate.:( until now!;)

artcrazy
12-13-2002, 08:37 AM

I love the background on this, and how the whole piece just seems to "vibrate." Kind of almost like the northern lights in the background!! Glad you didn't get your belly wet!!!!!

artcrazy
12-13-2002, 08:46 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap: "The many moods of vinni-van!". This is totally awesome, TeAnne - must have been a great dream! I'm so amazed at what people like you and plumpfairy can do with a computer - must take a lot of patience and concentration! My aunt has an ENORMOUS painting of a cat that looks like Vinni - I think it was done in oils, and it takes up a whole wall. This reminds me of it it in some ways. :)

artcrazy
12-13-2002, 08:57 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=15623

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/294/completed/14534/tn_dreamtime.JPG

mmmmmmmmmm.....love the sun and the warmth....now I feel like taking my clothes off, too!! ha! ha! Very nice- on the one hand it seems so warm and comfortable. On the other hand most of us would feel uncomfortable being naked and "out there." It's interesting how you have succeeded in making it look comfortable. I know I had many naked dreams when I ws younger, usually I would be at school, and suddenly realize I had no clothes on! I think we all have had those dreams. Maybe we get more comfortable with our bodies as we get older. The dreams seem to be less frequent as I age, anyway, not sure about others.:confused: :)

artcrazy
12-13-2002, 09:04 AM

WOW.This is so awesome!! Was it done in oils? I'm really quite drawn to the woman's face - so luminous - and the owl's wing shielding her makes it seem as if she's being protected. Wonderful job!;) :D :)

TeAnne
12-13-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by artcrazy

WOW.This is so awesome!! Was it done in oils? I'm really quite drawn to the woman's face - so luminous - and the owl's wing shielding her makes it seem as if she's being protected. Wonderful job!;) :D :)

I like this too, great colours :D

plumpfairy
12-14-2002, 01:32 PM

Hi Jana! This is ***wonderful!*** It definately has an otherworld type feeling to it. Its so soft. You did a beautiful job! :clap: :cool: :cool: Oh no about the part about flapping and scraping your belly on the waters surface! Don't worry about it being "late" --its not late. Sure was worth waiting for! Just hope your eye problems are better now. Thanks for participating Jana!

Pat

:D OOO! Happy Snoopy Dancin' over here! So glad you liked it! and that it's not late...phew! YAY! my eyes are BETTER!
Hey, did you ever rent that video about the magic bus to heaven? Darnit! forgot the title again:mad:

plumpfairy
12-14-2002, 01:35 PM

I love the background on this, and how the whole piece just seems to "vibrate." Kind of almost like the northern lights in the background!! Glad you didn't get your belly wet!!!!!

:D YAY! Thank you oodles Artcrazy! I like the 'northern lights' idea...hmmm...strikes an inspiration! You are viewing the "dried off belly" version....tee-hee!

artcrazy
12-14-2002, 02:46 PM
:D Hi Jana:

I think your style would be very suited to using northern lights as a subject matter! It would actually be very interesting, and beautiful! One night this summer, my fiance's mom and I went out to cover her vegetables to protect them from a frost. I happened to glance up, and the ENTIRE sky was covered in northern lights. We both laid down on a picnic table, and just watched the lights pulsating and shifting through the whole sky. We actually had to turn out heads in order to see it all, it was so enormous! Sometimes, it looked like an angel in the middle of the sky. wow......:angel:

plumpfairy
12-16-2002, 08:28 AM
:D Artcrazy,
OOOO! I am green with envy! You lucky cat you! I want to see the Northern LIghts b-4 I die. Amazing! I think I would have to see them in person in order to paint them.....hmmm....sounds like a great trip to me!:D
jana;)

hummingbird
12-17-2002, 08:30 AM

:p Hi! I'm late commenting on all these, but I've really enjoyed looking at them! Hummingbird, I just had a dream about flying last night! Aren't the flying dreams awesome!! I really love the colors, shapes and movement in this one. It is perfect as the icon for this project! :)
You must have really enjoyed doing your paitings, the spirit bus is very nice and mystical, too.;) :D
Well, off I go to comment on the other entries!! I just think they are all awesome! I have had very limited internet access in the last month due to moving, so haven't had much time or opportunity to participate.:( until now!;)

Hi Artcrazy! I'm glad you liked those! Thanks! You just had a flying dream? Flying dreams are my favorite. Don't have enough of those. Glad to see you back in action. :)

Pat

hummingbird
12-17-2002, 08:38 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=16284

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/294/completed/8982/tn_PIC00048.JPG

Wow, veeeeery interesting Debi!! :clap: :clap: This piece has some really strong shapes and colors. I noticed you titled it "merlinas world" --as in a feminine Merlin? Theres a sunburst or light at the top of the painting that suggests something very bright compared to the scene. Wow..and those floating balls...this looks like a very cool dream. Could you tell us anything about it? You don't have to if you are uncomfortable but this looks like a really neat dream. I'd love to know more. Nice job!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pat

plumpfairy
12-17-2002, 09:30 AM
Regarding this entry --> http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/image_viewer.php?entry_id=16284

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/lib/294/completed/8982/tn_PIC00048.JPG

:D K:cool: :cool: L ! Debi, the yin-yang of soul-mates in abstract! Great job!

debi-d
12-17-2002, 09:42 AM
the dream was like an awakening for me, an introduction to a netherworld, a meeting of soulmates. Intense red as the opposite to blue. Hot/cold one to warm the other to cool. The portals are gateways to other dimensions. The small circles are floating spirits.
Merlina as the feminine Merlin, a call out to remember. It may sound wierd when I write this but this painting spoke to me. Telling me to wake up, and remember, another time, another place. I have turned off aspects of myself to fit in, to be loved.
This painting tells me I dont have to do that. Im ok as I am.

On the side note I want to fix this painting, but my husband has hung it and we get into a bit of free for all over this one.
Its my painting and I say its not quite done, but rather than argue I gave it to him. ( the turning myself off)?
But ......... whos to say on a cold dark night of january when I have nothing else to do... that I wont just sneak up on it... with a loaded brush ......... and voila some paint here, a litttle paint there and .......... all better

artcrazy
12-17-2002, 11:47 AM
Wow, Debi-d, awesome painting - I really enjoyed your explanation of your feelings around it.:)

hummingbird
12-18-2002, 07:05 PM
Hi Debi! Thank you for your explanation. I should have linked to the page where you described the dream instead of the one I did --I have only done this and one other project as leader and sometimes I goof up! Now I read your post and what you wrote on the project page. Its a very magickal painting thats for sure! Now that you have explaned the dream, it has me thinking of a whole bunch of things. Mostly that what you wrote is very similar to journeying --like the shamans do. Was this a nighttime dream or daytime journey? Those portals...do you think they represent other lifetimes with your soulmate or anything? What you wrote about the dream letting you know you're OK...is like you are re-membering. The re-membering is healing. I'm glad the painting spoke directly to your need.

Your husband won't let you change any of the painting? :-) Maybe after some time passes. I think its perfect as it is...don't know what you would change. But maybe after awhile he'll let you "fix" it...or you could do a second version!

Pat

debi-d
12-21-2002, 01:35 PM
after I wrote this about my soul mate,on tues this week I was at a restaraunt and I ran into a man who I have known for years and would classify as a soulfriend. someone who I have known for 28yrs but probably not seen for the last 10. It was such a sweet surprise to meet up with him again after so long. Just to think a few minutes either way and I could have missed him again.
My horiscope for my bday said that I would be reunited with someone who I once loved before the end of december. I thought that was really wild.
debi

plumpfairy
12-21-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by debi-d
after I wrote this about my soul mate,on tues this week I was at a restaraunt and I ran into a man who I have known for years and would classify as a soulfriend. someone who I have known for 28yrs but probably not seen for the last 10. It was such a sweet surprise to meet up with him again after so long. Just to think a few minutes either way and I could have missed him again.
My horiscope for my bday said that I would be reunited with someone who I once loved before the end of december. I thought that was really wild.
debi

:D Debi,
Thanks for sharing that little story. How delightful. Kismet! Magical! Mysterious! Timing was purrrfect!

ginatec
12-21-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by debi-d
debi

That is serendipity!!

catwoman
02-17-2003, 10:43 AM

This is gorgeous, very dreamy indeed :)
//Kicki

plumpfairy
02-17-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by catwoman

This is gorgeous, very dreamy indeed :)
//Kicki

:D Hey Kicki! Look at you! Over here in dreamland! Been exploring, eh? Thank you oodles for the kudos! I did this one while undergoing blurred vision with Iritis...ouch! Iritis is infammation of the iris.....not fun!
So, where's your entry? love to see it!

catwoman
02-17-2003, 04:42 PM
Just wondering around, exploring the lands *lol*
No entry here, yet, Im afraid :)

kptad2
05-22-2003, 10:57 AM

i really like this one teanne, each sections is very different and unique in its own way ..:clap: :D

rewston
10-28-2004, 08:11 AM
ive just signed up! now to figure out how to post an image, lol.

katy

anatmoon
03-12-2005, 03:15 AM
Greetings everyone,
I am a new member here and I just wanted to say I LOVE this place and knew of it a year ago but hadn't joined until a few days ago.

I entered one of my small paintings and I hope you all like it please leave comments I love reading all comments. Thanks
I am at the top of this list here:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_participants.php?proj_id=294

There are so many GREAT artist here and I hope to chat with you all sometime :clap:

anatmoon
03-12-2005, 03:16 AM
Greetings everyone,
I am a new member here and I just wanted to say I LOVE this place and knew of it a year ago but hadn't joined until a few days ago.

I entered one of my small paintings and I hope you all like it please leave comments I love reading all comments. Thanks
I am at the top of this list here:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_participants.php?proj_id=294

There are so many GREAT artists here and I hope to chat with you all sometime :clap: