PDA

View Full Version : Sorry I haven't posted lately too!

Zenica
08-31-2010, 10:59 PM
Hey guys,

Just letting you all know why I have been such a slacker on here. My family has been accepted into New Zealand, our visas and residency permits have arrived. We leave on the 17th of September and arrive on the 18th at 3pm. I'll check in again soon.

Zenica

virgo68
09-01-2010, 12:04 AM
How exciting for you Zenica, good luck with the move! Look forward to hearing about your new home :)

Yorky
09-01-2010, 05:25 AM
Congratulations, how exciting.

Doug

robertsloan2
09-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Congratulations, Zenica. I hope you'll really like it there. From what I've heard, it's beautiful.

DrDebby
09-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Good luck with your move and safe travels.

Carole A
09-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Zenica, I have visited both the North and South Islands of NZ. It is very beautiful there. I would love to go back again sometime. We met wonderful, most friendly people.

I heard on the news that a big earthquake hit Christchurch. No one injured, but I hope some of the wonderful older buildings survived.

Good luck there.

Carole A

Zenica
09-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Zenica, I have visited both the North and South Islands of NZ. It is very beautiful there. I would love to go back again sometime. We met wonderful, most friendly people.

I heard on the news that a big earthquake hit Christchurch. No one injured, but I hope some of the wonderful older buildings survived.

Good luck there.

Carole A

Hello

Thanks Everyone for your notes and thoughts. Carole, we heard about the earthquake. It seems like it did do some strong damage to the older buildings but the newer ones seem to have survived. We leave on the 17th of September and Arrive the following day at 3pm. Its been such a long push to get there. I'll post again soon!

Zenica

Vivien Maloney
09-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Hi Zen; Not long now and you'll be in my country. Hope you enjoy it here, and I'm sure you will. We are about 6 to 7 hour drive south from Christchurch and weren't there when the earthquake struck. Probably the biggest in NZ for about 80years. Lucky there were no deaths, as most people were still in bed at 4.30am. Christchurch city central is still cordoned off and the army have been called in to help with the clean up. They are still having after-shocks and many buildings are unsafe. We feel so sorry for them all as many people have lost their homes but the main thing is no-one was killed. You can replace buildings but not people.

eyepaint
09-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Travel safe! Check in with us again when you're settled in your new home :)

Zenica
09-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Viv,

I was actually going to message you to see if you were okay. I didn't know how far the earthquake hit, just that the epicenter was 50 miles outside of christchurch. I was thinking of you and your family all day. We will be on the north island in Auckland, far from the damage.

I was born in California and the earthquakes are somewhat common there. I do know that the whole of NZ is known as the Ring of Fire. If ever the whole "mountain and lake sized" volcano were to erupt it would create a hole that would surpass 1/4 of the world. Apparently the smaller volcano erupts once every 2000 years. Scientists think that could happen within the next 500 years or so. If it happened again, we wouldn't know... it would happen too fast and the rest of the world would be gone too. There really isn't a safer place to be :)

Happy thoughts!

Zen