PDA

View Full Version : WIP, aren't they all..........

fugitive
10-25-2002, 12:00 AM
This is connected to the Nicole Kidman 6 pak I posted, but I had given up til this week when I did the hair a new way. ( the stupid hair again) I am a little bit proud of this because I did something different and for the first time anywhere. I made brushes to try and get the effect of her knitted dress. First I painted it one strand at a time, but pretty soon, I grew old and died. So I invented a brush with multiple segments, designed and spaced to simulate the knit pattern. Maybe I was successful. That's why the strange crop in this cap.
greg

crazy_cat
10-25-2002, 07:16 AM
Great dress Greg! Did you make the brush for PSP? This is excellent work! The detail is awesome in this. Your work is so detailed.

Remember us little folks when you make it big from your work!:D :clap: :clap: :clap: :cat:

plumpfairy
10-25-2002, 11:18 AM
:D OOOO! Slickery! Meeza likes berry much!
Great job Greg!
jana:D :clap: :clap: :clap: ;)
oh! and I got some spare Babushkas if the HAIR doesn't work out...:eek: ;) :D

fugitive
10-25-2002, 02:03 PM
Yes CC, PSP7 brushes, anyone that wants them, I'll send em'.

fugitive
10-25-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by crazy_cat
Great dress Greg! Did you make the brush for PSP? This is excellent work! The detail is awesome in this. Your work is so detailed.

Remember us little folks when you make it big from your work!:D :clap: :clap: :clap: :cat: I'm sure that's something we don't have to worry about.

crazy_cat
10-25-2002, 02:10 PM
Bummer I have pshop. I am always in need of new brushes...:(

Greg you do wonderful work. Now post those pics on the link you have and make it big time...big guy!:clap:

fugitive
10-25-2002, 02:26 PM
There see, that's the attitude that keeps people from fullfilling they're potential. Just make em' in PS, do you know how to make a brush in PS, I don't think I've done it yet, but I hear it's really easy. I can email you the file, and you can make them, then you can send me a PS vs. Hows that?
2) you mean the one's in my little Gallery, you been there? It's doesn't get updated enough because they, just like this place, have glitches in their software that make it difficult to do things.

crazy_cat
10-25-2002, 02:38 PM
Oh now Greg I have a drive that just won't quit...I was just smoozing from ya. Sure send me the file and I will make a PS version for ya. Whooo loves ya!?! Looking forward to seeing all of this one Greg. I am building another computer right now to be my "adobe" only system. What is one more when you have 14 right? Pshop likes ECC memory and I don't have that in my programming system so I will give it a gig of Ecc memory, 80 gigs of hd space, Pentlll1ghz processor and maybe just maybe it will be happy. Then I can get PSP and put that on my programming system...yeah!

fugitive
10-25-2002, 02:51 PM
I want to hear more about 14 puters. What OS are you gonna run with this super PC? I hear bad stuff all the time about XP, and I have 98SE which is problematic, but I'm afraid to try something else, for fear it may make things worse.
My puter, 733 HP Pavilion, new in 2000, with a 40 gig, is almost full.

crazy_cat
10-25-2002, 03:00 PM
We run W2K on my programming system. We have one W98SE machine but W2K is very stable. No way am I gonna go to XP...been there done that ain't going back no more!! We have an 800gig raid system and all machines have the min of 80 gigs of hd space per machine. Now you see why I don't have a tv?

fugitive
10-26-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by plumpfairy
:D OOOO! Slickery! Meeza likes berry much!
Great job Greg!
jana:D :clap: :clap: :clap: ;)
oh! and I got some spare Babushkas if the HAIR doesn't work out...:eek: ;) :D

Is that dialog from Star Wars?
No babushkas for this kid......

plumpfairy
10-27-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by fugitive

Is that dialog from Star Wars?
No babushkas for this kid......

:D Yep! It's a JAR JAR thang! I just adore JAR JAR! (Star Wars guy). Aren't you da cleva one;) :D
Okay! No BABUSHKAS for you! I'll send SPARKELYS instead:eek: ;) :D
jana:D

jocelynsart
10-27-2002, 09:46 AM
This is just great Greg! I liek the soft natural handling of the skin. Very well rendered. Yer good! lol
I had to take a second look to see if this was your work or your reference. It looked very real to me.
Lol! Stupid hair. Yes, hair is the hardest to make look realistic and 3D.
Joss

crazy_cat
10-27-2002, 09:51 AM
Greg does a wonderful job and he is a great teacher! Thanks again for all the help guy!!!:clap: :clap: :cat:

fugitive
10-27-2002, 01:09 PM
Oh Joss, and Linda, you guarenteed I will have a good Sunday. Thanks. Now, all I have to do is follow thru. I have three going right now.

crazy_cat
10-27-2002, 02:48 PM
Wanna see all of them Greg! I think you are holding out on us...:D :D :cat:

fugitive
10-27-2002, 02:59 PM
Oh, so you wanna see the ones I'm not even sure will see the lite of day? Being run by a right brain makes me do things on instinct, which I think is good, if your into art, though not if your a banker. I sometimes just chose something to paint, and within a few hrs or days, it becomes a bummer. Holding out, I don't think so. This group sees more of the top shelf, than my relatives do.

crazy_cat
10-27-2002, 03:09 PM
Your so funny Greg! Ok I will sit back and wait for the next masterpiece!:clap: :cat:

plumpfairy
10-27-2002, 07:29 PM
:D See, I told you Greg! Michaelangelo reincarnated!;) :D
jana:D :clap: ;)
....I know, I know....it makes you GAG!;)

sassybird
10-27-2002, 08:11 PM
Lovely and soft. You did great on the hair! As a digital dummy I am interested in how you achieved the texture of the dress also.

fugitive
10-27-2002, 09:35 PM
sassybird; your avaitar gives me flashbacks.
I made a custom brush in PSP7, this can also be done in PS and others too, I would think. I was getting old doing the dress one stroke at a time, and couldn't keep a pattern, so I made the brush. I'll see which image I can post here. Ok, I'm posting the .psd file, which can be converted to psp, or png or jpg.
There are three different ones on the post, each a bit different. They can be used as erasers or brushes in PSP and PS.
Thanks for stopping in.

digistyle
10-28-2002, 09:07 PM
Greg,

I like what you've done with the brush. I can almost feel the texture. It contrasts well with the soft fleshtones.

digistyle

fugitive
10-29-2002, 12:37 AM
Welcome back, thought you jumped ship. Yes, we in digital are lucky to be able to "Make a Brush", try than in the other mediums mate. Take you a week. PSP, 5 min.
Still workin on it, but the features keep moving, as if one had a little too much in that last tab. So, of course, one has to fix them, til the next time they move.