PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 10.23.02

chookbrown
10-23-2002, 10:57 AM
Well we are all a bit slow off the mark here this morning so here goes.....

IT'S SNOWING!!!!! YAY.... sorry but I get very excited each time it snows.... grew up in Australia and still love to see the snow fly here..... Great for staying indoors and painting and cooking both of which I hope to do today...

So what are you doing today????

Cheers,

Colleen :D

Katherine J
10-23-2002, 11:43 AM
Snow, yikes Colleen! We rarely get any here and predictions are that with this season's El Nino we won't get any. We do get rain though and it usually starts with a vengence in November.

It's 8:55 here and I'm off to do my weekly English tutoring session. I enjoy it a lot, but find I'm beginning to resent anything that takes me away from my art. Maybe I'll get some time this afternoon before the World Series starts!

KarenU
10-23-2002, 11:47 AM
Morning all!! :D Well our in-laws arrived in one piece :D We had a delightful evening at home and today we're out and about exploring. Unfortunately, we've come into a bit of colder overcast weather...hopefully it won't last too long.

Colleen...hope you enjoy your day of painting and cooking...sounds wonderful! :D

Hope you all have a great day!! See you in the threads!

Koert
10-23-2002, 11:47 AM
i hate snow
it's cold and wet
and cold
and wet
and cold

Luvy
10-23-2002, 11:59 AM
Well it's still hot here. Was in the low 90s yesterday. Hate to hear of others bad weather HEE HEE NOT LOL I'm bad I know. But I love living in Paradise. Love my sunshine. Keeps me happy. Picked up an old pastel dog I did, and worked on that this morning. Now I need to find something to do again. I ordered about 4 or 5 new books this week so can't wait until I get those. Can't find much in the bookstore on pastels. Still looking over my book I did find there. But not really any exercises in it. I ordered one book someone recommended in here. So hope that works out . Well off to find something to paint draw whatever you call pastels LOL

chookbrown
10-23-2002, 12:46 PM
Hehehe Luvy, your comments reminded me of something my husband was asking the othere day... "where do people that already live in Arizona and Florida go to retire??? (assuming they haven't already). ;) I told him I thought they would just stay there as they had already found paradise and they were just smarter than us!!!

Cheers,

Colleen (sitting inside where it's not 30degrees)!!

sundiver
10-23-2002, 12:52 PM
I'm at school, on a break. Should be cleaning my desk! 5 classes already today, kids have been good, but want a lot of 1-on1 attention, so I'm exhausted already...1 more class to go.
Frost on the windshield this morning, but no snow yet.
Enjoy your day, everyone!

crumbedbrains
10-23-2002, 05:02 PM
Well it's great to see everyone again.
I've just got back from Sweden where I saw snow for the first time . . and just like you Chook, I'm an Aussie that was just blown away by the sight of it.

Having painting withdrawals here and now need to get back to it. Don't know whether I should start another one now as I have to stay up here in Cairns for a few weeks until they can get my replacement sorted out but then it's back to my real home with wifey and kids who have been in Brisbane since June. I can't wait . . . I saw them for an overnight stay on my way back a day ago and didn't want to leave. *wishes next few weeks away*

Big news for me was that I enetered my first compettion whilst I was away . .the Wildlife Art Society of Australasia annual exhibition down in Melbourne. It was a juried exhibition and I submitted both of the frogs I'd done here in WC. Good news was that both of them were judged fit enough to hang which gave me a buzz . .but then the Frog No.2 WIP I did here won a Highly Commended award . . which I was thrilled with. Gives me that boost we all need now and then to get motivated again.
Cheers
Nice to be back :) :)
See ya round
Crumby

Katherine J
10-23-2002, 07:28 PM
Congratulations, Crumby, that's great news about your juried acceptance, and surely wonderful incentive to keep going. Love those frogs.

Birdie
10-23-2002, 09:10 PM
welcome back Crumbie, missed you....cool news you have...congrats..

SNOW----I hope it stays away for Ok city for the holidays.... being snow bound with my kids is not a bad idea...HE HE HE HE

birdie:rolleyes:

Slowdown
10-23-2002, 09:45 PM
Welcome back crumby!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats mate on the award!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look forward to seeing what you have dreamt up whilst away in Sweden.
Oh and by the way, its still hot here in Malta Koert, maybe you should move over this way

maverick
10-23-2002, 10:44 PM
Congrats on the award Crumby! Don't forget us little people! :D

Redsy333
10-23-2002, 11:45 PM
Ohhhhh Welcome back Crumby!!!
Congrads on the awards but HEAPS AND HEAPS of Congrads on seeing the family;) Its always nice to get all those missed huggs!!

And Chooky....30 degrees?? Thats not COLD......geesh thats just a breeze for winter weather!!lol

I hate the cold too Koert, but I love the snow!! Busting at the seams to go Snowmobiling!! I have 3 that Im pulling out this weekend to ready for playtime!!! :D:D Having those make it more bearable..not to mention sitting by the fire with mates cheering away the cold afterwards!!!

As far as what I did today....lol not a whoopin thang!! LOL

Cheers all:D

Charles Perera
10-24-2002, 08:46 AM
It has been raining since last night- not a heavy down pour which I would love to see. But just drizzling. It is cold, damp and humid. I wanted to do a pastel but , the pastel sticks are too cold and the powder holds on to the paper with a vengeance, it is out of control. Other alternative would be CP, but I have started doing a portrait of a child ( first time), and I have doubts about the colors for the skin........ I wrote a part of an article I am trying to send off to a magazine ( not on painting).. I updated my website in French adding lot of pictures that bring back old memories.....and now on the Wetcanvas.... that is for my morning scumble..

Now the time is 2 o'clock...I see Crumbee has returned.. welcome Crumblebrain... I did not miss you because I had been visiting your Website, which is very well done....I visit Colleen's at the same time that means two birds with the same stone.....!!!

I tried your style of painting, Crumbie , but it does not work, so I stick to mine...

Waiting for the weather to change I am reading two books, each in turn...
One is Hanif Kureishi's The Buddha of Suburbia, very funny, and a Mary Higgins Clark, both in lighter vein...

Good Day to you all,

Charles