PDA

View Full Version : Lofty Asperations.....

MissMouse
10-23-2002, 11:56 AM
I don't post here very often but I am interested in what you all think. Does this belong here in digital art or photography. It is not finished yet as when it is done it will also have India ink and other inks applied after printing out on watercolor paper. It all started with an idea and a photo I took in Montreal Canada. Digitally altered in photoshop I use a mouse and wacom tablet. Plan is to tear edges and mount on textured photo board, frame in black.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Oct-2002/Boat-1.jpg
be honest please ;-)

crazy_cat
10-23-2002, 12:16 PM
MissMouse so glad you could stop by!:clap: :clap: Boy that is a tuffie. A photo changed in pshop then printed to paper and ink added on that....Most would say photo forum but I my line of work, once photoshop is in the picture...it is digital. That is another can of worms for some digital artists.....Digital Art or Graphic Art is so confusing! My rule of thumb has been if I alter in photoshop it becomes digital. Now if all you do is change the brightness and that sort of thing then it needs to be in the photo forum....I hope this makes sense as this type of thing is always hard to determine and this type of art ends up all over the place. I just stay in the digital forum with all of mine that enter the photoshop touchup. Easier for me. Heck it took forever for me to determine what my title is in the world with all that I do on photoshop. Hence I am a Web/Digital/Graphic Artist. :confused: Glad you stopped in and wonderful, wonderful work!:cat: :cat:

MissMouse
10-23-2002, 12:23 PM
Thanks CC gee I never thought of graphic art. I guess when all is said and done it could really be called mixed media so many choices and so little time.....

ps: thanks for not pointing out that I spelled aspirations wrong :-)

crazy_cat
10-23-2002, 12:38 PM
I am just glad to see you here! I sketch with a Wacom and Photoshop just like on paper but that is not accepted anywhere. So after lots of research for my business I am trying to get going, I found that Digital/Graphic Artist is what seems to be understood out in the world. If it isn't on paper or you did any filter, etc to it....they call it digital. I guess so many people have a missunderstanding of what this type of art is. Because I choose to use my computer instead of throwing paint all over my house doesn't mean that I don't spend as much time on my "computer" art as I would if I used paint. I think many people assume that if you did it on a computer you just used filters. Let me tell ya...using filters isn't as easy as one thinks if you are trying to achieve a certain look.

Please post here as much as ya like! We always love having other forum members come and join in! :cat:

MissMouse
10-23-2002, 01:07 PM
LOL I plan on it - I also paint paint in watercolor and let me tell you it takes me longer to do most of the digital stuff.

But I love it, to clean up all you have to do is hit the little x. I think I have saved 100.00's of dollars on paper too.........

plumpfairy
10-25-2002, 12:11 PM
:D Fabulous piece!
Ditto! What CC said!;) :D
jana:D

Ceu
10-26-2002, 10:07 PM
wonderful, :) yes it does belong here too.