PDA

View Full Version : Pastel Journal - Ann Templeton

MChesleyJohnson
10-22-2002, 08:03 AM
If any of you know the work of Ann Templeton, I would like to point you to the latest issue of PASTEL JOURNAL (November/December 2002 issue). My interview with her is there.

Ann's work is phenomenal, and she was a delight to interview.

Her Web site is www.anntempleton.com. The PJ Web site is www.pasteljournal.com.

-- Michael

chookbrown
10-22-2002, 11:26 AM
Thank you Michael for sharing this link.

Cheers,

Colleen :D

maverick
10-22-2002, 07:44 PM
Thanks for sharing the links. I also checked your web site and bookmarked it.

Terry
10-22-2002, 11:37 PM
Michael, I just finished reading the article. You did a fine job!
I also checked out your website, you paint great too.
Terry Ludwig

jenrou
10-23-2002, 01:44 AM
Years ago, in the 1970's, I'm pretty sure Ann Templeton did a workshop for our art league in Houston, TX. I remember her name from there.

MChesleyJohnson
10-23-2002, 08:14 AM
Thanks, everyone! I enjoyed interviewing Ann very much.

Ann has taught all over, so it wouldn't surprise me if she taught in Houston -- she also lived there.

Thanks, Terry! Glad you like my paintings, too!

bnoonan
10-23-2002, 10:23 AM
Michael,
Thanks for the links. Can I ask you a question.... I recently noticed that the Pastel Journal has a poorer quality of photograph reproductions of paintings. This has only been in the last few months and my fellow pastelists have agreed.

Any idea if I'm just getting a bad batch of magazines or are they having to change the format a bit?

Off to start another painting.... B

MChesleyJohnson
10-23-2002, 10:27 AM
RE the quality of the photos...I don't really know. I know PJ has had some problems with printers in the past, and it may be that they have changed printers again. I'll ask.

bnoonan
10-23-2002, 11:37 AM
Thanks for inquiring.

I'm not on a subscription but find myself bypassing them at the newstand now since the quality is so poor.

Cheers! B