PDA

View Full Version : Daily scumble 22-10-2002

Slowdown
10-22-2002, 07:33 AM
Mornin all, even though its 1.30 in the afternoon here.
I was surprised to see that no daily was up so I thought "looks like its your turn matey!"
Havnt been on the threads lately, computer problems. havnt been doing much pasteling either.........lack of inspiration I guess, probably because im home sick..........
Anyway, last night I decided to snap myself out of this dulldrum so out came the pastels, looked at them, looked at the watercolour paper and thought......."na!"
So I took out the acrylics, painting knife in hand and began blobing paint onto the paper, HEAPS of paint, really thick and creamy, I ended up with what I have called a controlled mess, lol.
I shal post it when it dries properly, maybe tonight or early tomorrow. Im looking forward to hearing what everyone over at the acrylics forum thinks of it. Think I will try something similar in pastel. My brother was kind enough to send me over some artspectrum paper so I will have a go on that.
NOw to get my creative juices flowing again...........hmmmm
See you guys later!!!!!!!

Luvy
10-22-2002, 07:49 AM
Good morning all *S* I was up until 2 am this morning working on this. I'm not finsihed and today I have to run over to my mothers. Still getting her place finished up. Meeting an electrician today. But her condo is looking really good now. I wish I could have worked on this today. While I was in the mood. I'm liking this guy but need more in the background. Fence isn't done. Looking at it this morning, I think I should have put a goal in the background. So that means taking all that fence out . So doubt I'll do that. Would have had to put the goal in first for it to be right. Or struggle doing it now. Hmmmmm Decisions decisions

KarenU
10-22-2002, 10:08 AM
Morning all! :D Well my company arrives today and I'm really excited because my in-laws are like 2nd parents to me...I really enjoy their visits. However, I'm already thinking...I wonder if I'll get any studio time in between now and the end of the month!!! :evil: The other good thing about their visit is it gives me a great excuse to drag them off to all the galleries and museums I've been wanting to go to! :D

Hey Slowdown...good to see you back....I'll be looking in the acrylic forum for your post! :D

Luvy...this is looking good! It drives me crazy too when I start something, and I really want to work on it, and something else pulls me away! Hope you get back to it soon.

So last night I was sketching some ideas for a future piece, which got me to thinking...I wonder how others prepare to do a painting....do they plan and sketch and test colors prior to starting, do they do smaller versions of the piece before tackling the "real" thing, or are they at the other end of the spectrum and pick the composition out of their head as they go along? hmmmm....I am definitely the sketching/planning type.

Well all...I will try and visit the forum as much as possible while I'm entertaining my in-laws. If anyone has any questions or problems, please feel free to PM me as I will also be checking those at least daily.

Have a great day all! See you in the threads! :D

chookbrown
10-22-2002, 11:32 AM
Enjoy your visitors Karen.... I like it when my in-laws come to stay also.... Do try to fit in some "me" time it actually helps me to stay sane when I have visitors in the house.

Am now contemplating my next piece of work and whether or not to keep at pastels or to go back to colored pencils for a change... mmmmm.... haven't got that one worked out yet.

Cheers,

Colleen :D

bnoonan
10-22-2002, 12:06 PM
Karen,

Have a great visit with the family. Do you think you'll be in SF at all? Perhaps we can sneak in a cup of coffee - however now that I think of it, I'm off to go painting in Almaden so that won't work.

Starting a painting - I typically work from one of my photographs and then sketch it in. If I don't like the drawing, I abandon the process.

Now I'm also questioning ... oils? pastels? gouache?
Hmmm...

B

bnoonan
10-22-2002, 12:08 PM
Luvy,

Great start on this piece but I'm wondering if you wouldn't want to keep the fence - just soften it a bit. The strong straight lines takes me away from the focal point of the soccer player and it's looking so good.

Funny - We're off to start the day when you're all done.

Hmm...

Redsy333
10-22-2002, 04:58 PM
OKAY!!! Just in case you were all wondering...I was definitely not born a carver. I am attempting to mutilate my daughters pumpkins today:D! There is a reason for buying already carved pumpkins, and Let me tell you ......its so they don't look like MINE!!!!!! :D :D
Good thing they are suppose to be scary looking!! LOL And to think my kid asked me to carve em into Beauty and the Beast??:eek: Maybe in my next life:D

BTW: Where's my Cowboy pic Chook??? hmmmmmm? lol

Love the pic Luvy!
Back to the Massacre! Pumpkin ale Mush!

Katherine J
10-22-2002, 05:48 PM
Back from life drawing and had a great subject today - a young man with a body right out of an antomy book! Terrific.

Karen, aren't you lucky to have inlaws you like. Wish I could say the same, but I'll go no further on that subject!

Not enough time before exercising and making dinner to get at any art work. Too bad, but that's always the way it is on life drawing day. I just count on doing a few mundane things like taking a few photos, or gessoing a canvas.

chookbrown
10-22-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Redsy333
OKAY!!! Just in case you were all wondering...I was definitely not born a carver. I am attempting to mutilate my daughters pumpkins today:D! There is a reason for buying already carved pumpkins, and Let me tell you ......its so they don't look like MINE!!!!!! :D :D
Good thing they are suppose to be scary looking!! LOL And to think my kid asked me to carve em into Beauty and the Beast??:eek: Maybe in my next life:D

BTW: Where's my Cowboy pic Chook??? hmmmmmm? lol

Love the pic Luvy!
Back to the Massacre! Pumpkin ale Mush!

So Redsy, where's the punkin pic??

Chooky :D

Redsy333
10-22-2002, 08:22 PM
Here ya go Chooky! LOL
My two Pumpkins Hangin out HOT TUB STYLE:D!!:p
Dont hurt anything Cracking up!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Oct-2002/halloween_091.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Oct-2002/halloween_093.jpg

chookbrown
10-22-2002, 09:48 PM
Hey these are really good, don't know what you were worried about... seen a lot worse that I have done myself!!!

Colleen :D:D:D

Birdie
10-22-2002, 11:30 PM
Well good night all....it is 8:45 pm right now and I am spent.....which seems to be my way of life now a days..I read a lot and don't post to much because I am to tired.. and when I do get a burst of energy I try to paint....but I do get a kick out of reading all of your fun posts...I am hoping to get use to my new hours of work it has only been two weeks but I am not sure if I will get use to 10 hour work days.. thanks for keeping me laughing.

Birdie:rolleyes:

bnoonan
10-23-2002, 10:19 AM
Birdie,
I was just in Seattle this weekend and you have got to get to the SAM and Frye Art Museum. Both are hosting fabulous exhibits right now. I know you are busy, but a ferry ride into the city will do you good. Oh the good news - both exhibits are there through the holidays - no rush.

Redsy - Nice carving job!

Birdie
10-23-2002, 08:59 PM
Hay thanks so much I love the Frye...My girls love it too. It is one of our fun outing to the city..I haven't ever been to the SAM.....Looking forward to that too.

Birdie:rolleyes: