PDA

View Full Version : Teaser WIP

fugitive
10-22-2002, 03:26 AM
current project is to create a madonna and child thing, that will be beautiful and appealing.

crazy_cat
10-22-2002, 05:52 AM
Coming along quite nice Greg! Gonna love to watch this one! Keep us posted as you move forward..:clap: :clap: :cat: :cat:

plumpfairy
10-22-2002, 09:29 AM
:D :clap: :clap: :clap: ;)
OOOOO! Greg! Love this, so glad you posted it!
Waiting with bated breath!
jana:D :clap: ;)

fugitive
10-22-2002, 01:12 PM
Actually, it is further along in real time. Here is the layer stack to see that I love Hair so dam much, that I need six layers to do one thing.

crazy_cat
10-22-2002, 01:14 PM
I feel your pain Greg!!!!:D Who is this? I can't quite put my finger on who she is?

fugitive
10-22-2002, 01:18 PM
It's Nastassja again, with her baby daughter. And I feel your pain.

fugitive
10-22-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by plumpfairy
:D :clap: :clap: :clap: ;)
OOOOO! Greg! Love this, so glad you posted it!
Waiting with bated breath!

Who is this Bated Breath person?

crazy_cat
10-22-2002, 01:31 PM
Wow cool then I was on track. Working on the hair right now on mine. Giving the skin a break....both are pains in the rump!!:mad:

plumpfairy
10-22-2002, 05:28 PM
:D Tee-hee Greg F.....you is a funny qwacker!
The hair is FAB Darlink!...so's the rest of it!

fugitive
10-22-2002, 06:01 PM
a number of months ago, I was so desperate to do hair that I went looking for apps to the job for me. Here is an example of one of those searches. This is a real screen cap of the software, and what it does. Be sure and order yours today;)

crazy_cat
10-22-2002, 06:06 PM
OMG those blue lips!:D

captan
10-22-2002, 07:35 PM
lol! I love the way you name your layers! ...kinda reminds me of myself... :p

And that hair-do-app.. Uhh looks scary - it's one of those where you can test what kinda hairstyle you'd look good in before going to the hair stylist... I'd never use something like that for my art - kinda spoils the creative process, don't you think?

Anyway.... that pic looks nice.

digistyle
10-22-2002, 08:34 PM
Nice work (yet again!), Greg. I don't have a program for hair, but I've bookmarked some hairstyle sites. I like to use 'em for reference even when I'm working from the imagination.

digistyle

fugitive
10-22-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by captan
lol! I love the way you name your layers! ...kinda reminds me of myself... :p

And that hair-do-app.. Uhh looks scary - it's one of those where you can test what kinda hairstyle you'd look good in before going to the hair stylist... I'd never use something like that for my art - kinda spoils the creative process, don't you think?

Anyway.... that pic looks nice. I would like to know how you name your layers. Heh, that's how desperate I was, at the time.

fugitive
10-22-2002, 10:51 PM
Thanks guys, just thought we could use a laugh. What I need, is, to find a woman artist/hair stylists to be with, so she can help me with hair.

crazy_cat
10-23-2002, 12:22 AM
No no Greg. Rule of thumb...hairdressers always have the worst hair!!!! Thanks for the attachment also!:clap: :cat:

plumpfairy
10-23-2002, 08:08 AM
:( Jeeze! CC, wish I could help ya....but, I don't do traditional painting in a traditional way like you are here.
I tend to go WAAAY OUT there in the color dept. (as you well know from my past works you've seen:rolleyes: ;) ).
I see, what appears to me, that you are trying to create a "realistic" portrait with digital paint....WOOHOOO! That's kinda hard.
So, I will leave it to the experts ......Fugitive and Digi!:D ;)
I'm proud of you CC...you keep pluggin' away at it!

crazy_cat
10-24-2002, 04:11 AM
How is this one going Greg? Looking forward to an update!:clap: :cat:

fugitive
10-24-2002, 04:56 AM
Oh, so now I'm getting pressure to finish it. mmmmmmmmm
I worked on it last nite and made some progress, but tonite, I'm working on another back burner one, a Nicole Kidman.
Thanks for the interest. I won't stop, just get bored.

crazy_cat
10-24-2002, 06:55 AM
No pressure:D Board....hmmmm I just get tired of trying to mix the darn skin tones!

fugitive
10-24-2002, 12:26 PM
Mix, there ain't no mixin in digital. JUst stab the eye dropper in the colors and go.

fugitive
10-28-2002, 12:27 AM
probably doesn't even look any different, though I have been working hard on it. Things won't stay put, what I mean is, one time, I look, and it seems minutes from being done, then it changes like Rosemary's Baby and is ugly. Please over look ugly babies and faces that don't work.

plumpfairy
10-28-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by plumpfairy
:( Jeeze! CC, wish I could help ya....but, I don't do traditional painting in a traditional way like you are here.
I tend to go WAAAY OUT there in the color dept. (as you well know from my past works you've seen:rolleyes: ;) ).
I see, what appears to me, that you are trying to create a "realistic" portrait with digital paint....WOOHOOO! That's kinda hard.
So, I will leave it to the experts ......Fugitive and Digi!:D ;)
I'm proud of you CC...you keep pluggin' away at it!

:eek: Oh dear! I see now that I made a boo-boo in my posting (above).....:rolleyes:
I seem to have had a few synapsis misfires here....JEEZE! That post was supposed to go to CC's thread Portrait ....:confused:

Greg! I do see that you have been working very hard on this ....so beautiful!
I love it! I find that trying to paint childrean and babies very difficult....you've done a fine job here!
jana:D :clap: X100

crazy_cat
10-28-2002, 11:41 AM
Yep Greg is wonderful! I like it Greg!!!:clap: :clap: :cat:

fugitive
10-28-2002, 01:18 PM
Jana: do the synapsis have anything to do with a certain celibration?

plumpfairy
10-29-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by fugitive
Jana: do the synapsis have anything to do with a certain celibration?

Ha ha ha! "CEL"-ibration! Is that a play on words?...ya know....brain cells....synapsis misfires?!....or ...too excited about a certain softy proggie and popped a vessal?....tee-hee!;) :D
jana:angel:

Ceu
10-30-2002, 12:24 AM
wonderfull work. :)

fugitive
10-30-2002, 05:06 AM
I'm up late and bored, or boring. No conversation, so I'll stick you'all with my midnight machinations. My picher of madonna & child which will be it's name when finished. Hope the 30 hours or so shows.

fugitive
10-30-2002, 05:09 AM
I'm up late and bored, or boring. No conversation, so I'll stick you'all with my midnight machinations. My picher of madonna & child which will be it's name when finished. Hope the 30 hours or so shows.

crazy_cat
10-30-2002, 07:48 AM
Wow it looks really great! You have done some amazing work on this one. The detail on the baby is wonderful!!:clap: :clap: :cat:

plumpfairy
10-30-2002, 09:57 AM
:o ahhhh! Rembrandt the 2nd you are!
So beeeautiful Greg!
Really love this! The soft pastelly background is lovely....the baby and mommy are purrrrrfect!
Your work is allways so soft and beautiful!
BRAVO!:clap: X1000
jana:D ;)

fugitive
10-30-2002, 01:20 PM
Thanks Jana, but deep down inside, I'm sick and rotted, like something in Stephen Kings memory basement, hard like a Taliban raider. aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, nice to get that all out. now I'm free.......

crazy_cat
10-30-2002, 02:09 PM
:crying:

plumpfairy
10-31-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by fugitive
Thanks Jana, but deep down inside, I'm sick and rotted, like something in Stephen Kings memory basement, hard like a Taliban raider. aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, nice to get that all out. now I'm free.......

:p Ya know why Polar Bears like Igloos?....Cuz their crunchy on the outside and soft in da middle!!!!:D :D :D :D ;)
Gafaw! Gafaw!
tootles noodles!
jana;)

fugitive
11-02-2002, 02:04 AM
Sure hope I can finish, as I have started another one. It's so difficult to stay interested, short attention span I presume.

fugitive
12-15-2002, 08:52 PM
A big burdon off my shoulders, just because I often don't know if I can finish something. Some are like unrequeted love, and just die on the vine, before being picked. I finished two today, and hope to make some more progress. Thank you for your support.

plumpfairy
12-16-2002, 09:35 AM
:D YAY! CONGRATULATIONS! Greg! you finished it! ....and oh so lovely it is! You have such a soft touch in your art.....I love all the pastel colors and the light in her hair....oooo!
jana:D :clap: :clap: :clap: ;)

fugitive
12-16-2002, 12:52 PM
Thanks Jana. I made a consession to boys and girls with pink and blue in the BG, just for the moms out there.

sciartist
12-16-2002, 12:59 PM
Wonderful work :clap: :clap: And others say that digital ain't really art because it is too easy. Just point and click right? Well, they are right, point and click, then repeat about 30,000 times. Thanks for sharing your work it is really great.

fugitive
12-16-2002, 03:17 PM
sciartist, your right, look at the date for the first post. I could have done it in oil in that amount of time.
Thanks.