PDA

View Full Version : WIA Wednesday August 25

BeadTowne
08-25-2010, 12:19 PM
So little of August left!

So here I am starting this thread two days in a row after a long absence. The full moon woke me up at 4 and I'm still wishing I could fall back asleep.

Spun three bobbins full yesterday so I may have enough of my first day homespun to make something.

Oh, and Pam, I mainly make scarves still. They are my favorite to wear. Made a hat that didn't fit my extra big head, hats rarely fit so I should have known to make it bigger. Have done a couple of wraps/shawls and love knitting in the round making cowls.

Andee
08-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Hi Maggie, hi all!

Just dashing through - so tired and headachy. 2 more days...

Pam - hugs to Frank, hope surgery can be avoided!!

Maggie - it's so good to see you here again! I'm looking forward to seeing all that yarn! :)

All - :grouphug: and sorry for the quicky.

TheBlueBetween
08-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi Maggie, I'm a bit depressed that summer is almost over, because I just didn't get enough of it. It's gorgeous out today though, one of the prettiest days of the year I'd say. Luke is grounded for being a pain at bedtime and Frank is not going anywhere or I'd make them all go to mt. rainier with me. oh well. I think I'll hit the studio today instead.

I am going to learn to crochet so I can make blankets. Oh, and I did knit that horribly ugly dog sweater! LOL She loved that think. I should make her one in black.

:wave: to the rest of ya. Andee, two more days????

Barrie
08-25-2010, 02:08 PM
YAY Andee!! 2 more days!! Woohoo!! That deserves cake at least!

Pam, your studio will be glad to see you! You know, when the kids are all grown up and moved out, summer kind of blends together with all the other seasons. In a good way, but I don't look forward to it, or enjoy it quite so much without the kids to make is special. Crochet isn't hard - and I found it easier to make stuff with than knitting. LOL that the dog loved her sweater! too funny!

Maggie, 4 am is too freaking early to be awake as I well know! I managed to fall back to sleep at 5ish so I'm not too tired this morning. We do need a new mattress (still!) but there always seems to be something more important to buy. We don't use credit at all but this might be one of the times we have to suck it up and do it! We shall see!! Did you go swimming in the moonlight? I would have! lol

:wave: to all - still working on bead show stuff. It now looks like I might be getting Janelle Zorko to teach electroforming at the show! I'll know more later today I think. That would be cool!! Don't worry Maggie, whenever you can make it up for a show, we'll make sure it's a good one! :) I better go find myself some breakfast - I skipped eating most of yesterday and felt horrible last night so promised I would at least make the effort to eat today. Have a good day everyone! Cheers!

BeadTowne
08-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Andee, TWO MORE DAYS! So happy you have something less terrible to look forward to! Work is work, but it shouldn't make one so miserable.

Pam, Have you figured out what to do with the kid yet in regards to school? That boy needs a routine to get back into. I can say that because I know it is true of myself also.

Barrie, I finally fell back asleep at 9 and woke up once at 10 something just to fall back asleep until 11. Now it feels like morning, but it isn't.

Think I'll try spinning something pretty today. Not that yesterday's was ugly, it is just so natural. Want to try koolaid dying!

TheBlueBetween
08-25-2010, 04:56 PM
No Maggie, we may not know until the week school starts (which is after labor day) when kids who have moved away but not notified the school don't show up. I hope to find out sooner, but that might be how it works out. In the meantime, I have to go forward with the homeschool planning, because they may not call at all.

claire.c
08-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Hi all
Time running away with me again, but I have my car fixed, been to the meeting, got my breakfasts cooked for a few days ahead and about to put the dog's food in the slow cooker to cook overnight. Leon has to come to work with me tomorrow as David is visiting a customer over the other side of the country.

Pam, so sorry your life is beset with problems and unknowns at the moment. How did Frank hurt his back? I never got the hang of crochet, and I'm rubbish at knitting, just don't do wool I'm afraid. Fingers crossed the school has a place for Luke or you are going to be one busy lady.

Maggie, that yarn looks good to me, I'm sure it will knit up beautifully. Retraining for something that interests you will be fun, you'll have plenty of life experiences to bring to it too. Shame your sleep patterns have got messed up, I have a friend with serious insomnia who often walks his dog at 4:00 in the morning, maybe you need a pet?

Barrie, you sound full of enthusiasm for the coming show, that is great. An electroforming class will be a huge draw, I'd go to that if I were within striking distance.

Andee, so nearly there, you can make it. Then it will be learning the new job, I still don't know exactly what you will be doing.