PDA

View Full Version : Unison pastels supply.

Alberto P
08-24-2010, 03:34 AM
Hi.
As you know Im a spanish pastelist and in my country I can find and I have Sennelier, Rembrandt, Windsor and Schmincke pastels. I also have Girault pastels (I love them) because a friend bought some sets when he have traveled to France .... but I cant find Unison pastels and I want, I need!!!! to try them.
Can you recommend me a Unison pastels online shop? If it is possible in UK but also in other european country or USA and ... do you know how much money are the customs fee?
A greeting.
Alberto P.

Dougwas
08-24-2010, 03:48 AM
Hi Alberto

You might want to pm Charlie (Colorix) to see where she got hers from. She also might know about customs.

Doug

Colorix
08-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Hi Alberto, I use the UK based Jackson's. http://www.jacksonsart.co.uk/

They have the full range. No tax within the EU -- or rather, what we pay is in this case UK taxes, so there is no extra charge on top of the price which is listed on site, as it includes tax. Shipping costs a bit, but I find it very reasonable. When I buy papers in whole sheets (50x70 cm), which is *big* as they ship them in flat boxes, I pay around 20 to 30 Euro, depending on what else I get. So pastels only would be cheaper in shipping cost, I believe. They will send you an email with the shipping cost, and you will have to reply with a yes (or no) to the cost, before they charge the credit card and send the package, so no surprises, either. Great service, I'm really happy with them.

Charlie

Alberto P
08-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Doug, Charlie, thanks!!! Im very happy with this information ... I will have my "Unison" pastels .... great!!!

Ruthie57
08-24-2010, 11:52 AM
I'll just second Charlie's recommendation. Jacksons are very efficient and their Unisons are USUALLY the cheapest I've found in the UK.

Alberto P
08-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Ruthie, thanks!!!

mang
08-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Hi, I use www.greatart.co.uk, saa.co.uk and jackson art is also excellent. It might be worth comparing their postage costs
Good luck, they're certainly worth it!
Margaret

Alberto P
08-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks Margaret, I really appreciate your help.
A greeting.

Katherine T
08-30-2010, 08:04 AM
Can you recommend me a Unison pastels online shop? If it is possible in UK
Alberto P.Hi Alberto. I see you've already had some recommendations.

Given you are overseas if you'd like an online art supplier who provides great packing and super service via the telephone / email I can highly recommend Heaton Cooper - art supplies (http://www.heatoncooper.co.uk/eshop1/section.php?xSec=130&jssCart=7b099e5b630f11b2e1b8c8a46276283e) who are based in the Lake District.

Not the cheapest but always a very good and reliable service - which also works when things get lost in the post due to the vagaries of the Royal Mail!

Alberto P
08-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Thanks Katherine!!