PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 20.10.02

Taminka
10-20-2002, 03:47 AM
Hi guys,
I've been away for a few days - what a lot of catching up to do on WC!!! I know many of you are still living yesterday but as it's 5.30 pm here in Oz, decided to start.

While in Sydney I found the Unisons I've been trying to track down - thanks to Chris and Jackie.
I could only afford a few at present, but got some great darks that I badly needed. They are so fat!!! I love them.:p

Spent last night making a fourth storage box to expand into.
(Fome core covered with contact - works well.)

Have a great day all
Cheers,
Minky

Charles Perera
10-20-2002, 04:00 AM
Go at them Taminka....we are waiting for your next delivery..
There have been lots of things that had been goin on... drop in at the Color Pencil postings as well, it is a sort of a twin sister of pastels.........!

Charles

Redsy333
10-20-2002, 06:21 AM
Oh Congrads On the pastels !!!
Still sipping morning coffee at present, waiting for troops to wake:D

gmc
10-20-2002, 06:46 AM
Good Morning All,

I'm sipping my coffee also.

Could it be though, that since the middle of August I actually have a day to pick up a pastel.?...?

And I think I will do just that...

When so many weeks go by without doing anything creative does anyone else ever feel you are beginning all over again??

Have a good day. Oh, and hopefully soon I will have an update on my "Bad Sennelier Pastels Journey." I am still working on it.

geri

KarenU
10-20-2002, 11:46 AM
Morning all :D Yup...I'm still sipping coffee too! :D For those of you into the World Series....woo hoo Giants!!! :D Let's see what happens today.

Minky....aren't those Unisons just delightful to work with! I purchased a set on eBay and love them.

So yesterday I matted and framed this big piece that I have....finished size is 24 x 30. Did all the standard stuff...knocked hard on the back of the piece before putting it all together...this one I didn't use fixative on. It got hung over our fireplace in the living room. I was really happy with it and thought it had found a good resting place. So later in the day...I'm walking past it and I think....what is that on the glass?? To make a long story short....a bunch of pastel dust came off and attached itself to the glass....arrrrgh!! Guess I'll be taking it apart today and starting over!

And yes Geri....I often feel that way, and unfortunately for me....only days have to go by! :(

Katherine J
10-20-2002, 12:05 PM
My coffee comes a bit later in the morning. Great game, Karen. Looking forward to today.

Not sure what's on the art menu today, but in between real art work, I'm preparing some tissue paper for collage by gessoeing (sp?) it and then painting it with acrylic.

Promise I'll get to that thread on pastel, gum arabic, etc.!

Taminka
10-20-2002, 04:53 PM
Ah Karen, - the dreaded falling pastel dust problem!

My picture framer husband hates framing pastels with a passion!!!
Especially unfixed ones:D

Imagine his dismay when his watercolouring wife has become obsessed with pastels - and doesn't want to fix them!!! :evil:

Minky

Baby Blue Whale
10-20-2002, 10:01 PM
Good evening all! 7:05 here in the high desert off the Sierra foothills. I'm glad to hear that everyone so far is doing all right.

The highlight of my day was going to the puppy park with my two dogs. I took my sketchbook (which I usually do) and this GORGEOUS English Sheepdog just sat in front of me seemingly saying "Oh BOY! Draw ME, draw ME!! Aren't I cute? You won't get mad if I slobber all over it will ya, will ya?" hehehehehe, how could I resist? And like this beautiful dog could read my mind, laid down about a foot in front of me after I picked up my pencil.

I'm sorry I haven't been very active in the threads over the last few days but unfortunately, my marriage is falling apart and I was jusssssst a little bit unstable. I'm feeling MUCH better about myself now but the relationship isn't improving.

This evening I plan to watch the rest of the evening football game and then work on some of Jackie's Pastel Workshop book. Nothing like covering yerself with colored dust to improve a mood. hehheheheheheheh!

Warmest,
Laura