PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble Oct, 19 2002

KarenU
10-19-2002, 12:35 PM
Holy smokes....I can't believe I got to create today's daily scumble! :D Everyone must be off doing creative things!! Well let's see.....in my travels yesterday I got this really great book called "Anatomy for the Artist" by Sarah Simblet. Fabulous figurative photos in the book...it was just what I was looking for. I'll be spending some time trying to decide which photo I'd like to try and tackle as my next figurative experiment, and hopefully get it started sometime today! :D

Also, Katherine's pear thread got me motivated to try a similar composition using tiny little pumpkins (the orange and white variety). So while I was at the market yesterday I picked up a few and am hoping the cloud cover dissapates so that I can take some photos of these little gems!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day! See you all in the threads! :D

sandge
10-19-2002, 04:54 PM
I thought I might post a link to a thread in portraiture. ScottB has posted a demo on painting the Mona Lisa! Definitely worth a look ;)
Step by step! Paint the Mona Lisa! (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66047)

:evil:

Katherine J
10-19-2002, 04:58 PM
Where is everyone?!! Must be busy doing wonderful things. I've just returned from being a scorer at a scrabble tournament to raise funds for the literacy training group I do volunteer tutoring for. Thank goodness I didn't have to play!

Karen, I ended up doing 4 pear pieces in all, three measuring 5 x 12 and the one larger one which I didn't like. I'll take photos of all three and post them later as a group - fun exercise, but not sure how successful.

Have to clean house and get a walk in the woods done before the baseball starts!

KarenU
10-19-2002, 05:27 PM
Sandra...you devil you! :evil: You had me going there for a minute! :D (Course....I am pretty gullible!! :rolleyes: )

Katherine...same thing I was thinking...where is everyone!!? I've been hanging art all day...which has been pretty fun. I had recently matted and framed several of my pieces and thought I'd like to get them up before our company arrives. Wow....4 pear pieces...can't wait to see them. Did you solve your shadow dilemma?

Katherine J
10-19-2002, 06:01 PM
Nope, not really, Karen. I just did them in different color combos and made stronger contrasts which I think improves them.