PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Space Elf - Corel Paint experiement

mARZ
10-16-2002, 05:28 PM
Ok, so I've been sharing my opinions on Corel Paint, now I've decided to share my first real project in paint. I was hoping to come up with something for the Elf Calender project and kind of came up with this....duh, dun...DAH....

Well this is just the sketch I did for my piece...only used a mouse to draw it the image is 8.5 x 11 inches in size so its not huge, but the zoom makes it as big as I need it. A table would most likely help a lot, anyway the sketch didn't take more then 5-15 minutes and I'll be fixing anatomy etc as I see the mistakes and think of ways to fix it. You can all help by pointing things out that look wrong and/or giving suggestions of how to fix things.

well lets get to it!

mARZ

TeAnne
10-16-2002, 07:06 PM
Yes please :) Keep it coming. I use CorelDraw and only have a mouse to draw with.

mARZ
10-16-2002, 11:43 PM
I must apologize now for my blunder, I have added some base colours and corrected the anatomy a little (the back) BUT now this is the really silly part.... I didn't bring the update home to upload the image here!!!! So since I am going to be away this week... it wont be up untill I get back on the 28th...

I wasn't actually going to be able to work on it at all but i was hoping that I could us it like a teaser and upload it during this week so you wouldn't feel neglected.;)

but now there's no choice...patience.

mARZ silly me :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

plumpfairy
10-17-2002, 08:19 AM
:D Hey Marz!
This is gonna be so kool!
Can't wait till ya get back and show us the next version! Have a safe trip!
jana:D ;)

mARZ
10-28-2002, 02:58 PM
OK, I'M back.... and here is the next step/ first update! All I have is some base colour. I also went and changed the figure a little, I twisted the body, but now I'm not sure which I like better!?!?!?

Well, I used the magic wand selection filter and the fill tool to quickly add the base colours, along with the eraser tool and the paint tool set to art brush.(no surprises so far.)

Now the only thing I'm not sure of is how I'll add the shadows/highlights, I'll most likely try both the cuts method and a more traditional painting like method... I may post the test parts to get opinions...

mARZ

crazy_cat
10-28-2002, 04:00 PM
Are you wanting shadows and hightlights on her or around her or both? Forgive me but I forgot, what program do you use? Doing massive intake of coffee as I type...:cat: :cat:

mARZ
10-30-2002, 09:27 AM
I'm going to do on her and then I'll create a background to go with, after.

M

mARZ
10-31-2002, 10:02 AM
Ok, this is my cuts style colouring. I messed up during on of the masking operations and moved the whole pic over to one side.. so this is just save as, I'll be re-doing this today since I think its ruined. This was actually a good thing because it lets me try to improve next time.

I used the mask tool and the air brush tool to colour the shadows/highlights, but some areas I just sprayed it like a fill and others I did it more like a real life airbrush and I think that looks better.

Please feel free to add you opinions and any input you may have.

cheers,
mARZ

plumpfairy
10-31-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by mARZ
I'm going to do on her and then I'll create a background to go with, after.

M

:D Hahahaha! this qwacks me up!...."I'm gonna DO on her"....oh my goodness!
Oh! and this is shapin' up .....kinda blotchy...oops! I forgot, you're gonna re-DO her.....hahahaha!
jana:D :clap: ;)

mARZ
11-04-2002, 03:03 PM
Ok, so I went back and started adding the shadows again, being more careful not to move the entire image by accident.... And so far I'm not seeing much improvement/change from the first mess up. Here it is anyway, lets have your input.

On a sad not my home PC's motherboard passed away so I wont be able to work on anything at home this week (hopefully just this week)

enough talk more update!!!

mARCELO