PDA

View Full Version : More Halloween fun

CarolinaGal
10-16-2002, 05:20 PM
Here's a poster that I did in Photoshop (rev 5.5 - everything but the smaller type which I did in Illustrator. The original is 11 x 17 and is for our annual Halloween potluck. The Pacula and Pacenstein are characters I created for last years party.

CG

CarolinaGal
10-16-2002, 05:24 PM
here is a close-up of one of the tombstones.

CG

CarolinaGal
10-16-2002, 05:28 PM
one more try to get the closeup to attach.

CarolinaGal
10-16-2002, 05:32 PM
I do know how to do this - really :o

CG

plumpfairy
10-17-2002, 08:50 AM
:D Nice work! CG!
looks like you had fun!
jana:D :clap: ;)

crazy_cat
10-17-2002, 09:19 AM
Very nice work! Love the close up! Great detail.:clap: :clap: :cat:

sassybird
10-19-2002, 04:31 PM
How fun! I love the closeup of the tombstone. I bet your fellow workers appreciate the work you did on this. Can you tell us a little about how you created the tombstone photos?

CarolinaGal
10-19-2002, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone. This is part of the "fun" stuff I get to do at work.

Sassybird asked Can you tell us a little about how you created the tombstone photos?

Photoshop can really be your friend when you want to do something like this. The tombstones texture is the noise filter in Photoshop. The type is a font called Times Headline.

I knew that I wanted the tombstones to be all of people related to horror/scifi so I went on line (alltheweb.com) and searched for information on all the names I came up with. While I was searching for the birth and death info I also looked for photos or pictures of the people. I found photos of everyone except Mary Shelley - it was a painting of her.

I opened the photos in PS and cropped them so that I had a cameo or bust of each person. Once I was satisfied with the general shape I made the color photos into b/w and then applied the emboss filter (you have to play with the settings to get the look you want). After I finished this I saved the medallions as separate files from the original.

Then I opened up the master file of the tombstone and one of the medallion files. You can then drag the layer of from the medallion file into the tombstone file and move it to where you want it.

It's easy (especially if you use PS very much) and it was a fun way to spend the afternoon at work.

CG

jsr88
10-20-2002, 09:50 AM
Very :cool: GHOULS! :D

Thanks for the info on how you created it. I always like to see the "how to's" of a project like this one.

:clap: :cool: :clap:

TeAnne
10-20-2002, 12:32 PM
Glad I saw this, I like very much.