PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 16.8.2002

Slowdown
10-16-2002, 06:06 AM
No daily yet?????????
Oh well, I guess its my turn to start it up.
Goodmorning all, had a great day yesturday, went out and bought my self a graphics tablet. Gonna have a go at digital art......lol.
Tried to install the bloody thing and am still working it out. Dont you just hate installing new hardware that just doesnt want to install properly!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought a tablet would be good to experiment on, trying out different colour combinations etc before commiting myself to using the pastels on paper. One way to save myself throwing away a pastel because the colour combinations are no good, and I will be saving on pastel dust too, no more scraping away pastel because the colours dont look right together. That was my reasoning about buying a graphics tablet, it also means that I can scribble down ideas whilst roaming the WC world.
Anyway, back to trying to get this thing working, I hope you guys have a great day!!

Redsy333
10-16-2002, 06:39 AM
GOOOOOOOOOOD MORNINGGGGGG WC!!! LOL
Dont ya hate chipper people in the morning:D:evil:
Okay Slowdown, wheres the coffee???? and who ate all the good doughnutz already;) ;)
Did someone let Animal in???? hehe :)

Im so excited for ya slowdown:D But ....lol (yep a BIG OL BUT!) Now where is all the fun in experimenting if you let the puter do it for ya? lol I agree it sounds tidier, but thats like making Mud Pies without the dirt! You just cant help but have fun playing with all those pastels:D And paper isnt so bad, you could even buy it in big sheets and do test runs in sections, make your own color charts!!!
But then again<---- I am that kid that always started the food fights !! :angel: hehe

Well you let me know what you create, and now you told on yourself. So everytime we need a test run...Im calling YOU!! :D:D:D hehe Just kidding;)

Okay peeps back to work now...or at least I am:D
We need a Rooster to wake the troops!!!

chookbrown
10-16-2002, 07:50 AM
Mornin' all..... well at least my waiting for the Fedex man today might bring some results.... he is bringing me some new pastels which should be a lotta fun..... I know I am working on the "beast pastel" and will continue to today, but I have a list of new projects I want to start so might try to sneak in a small one just for fun..... I'm gonna be doing Redsy's little pastel happy dance....http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Oct-2002/krokodil.gif

Y'all have a wonderful Wednesday and for those of you geographically dislocated a great Thursday when you wake up in the morning.... :D:D:D

Originally posted by Redsy333
GOOOOOOOOOOD MORNINGGGGGG WC!!! LOL
Dont ya hate chipper people in the morning:D:evil:

No way.... that's me at our house... they all sleep in til noon if you let them but when I think I'm getting lonely in the mornings I just make a bit extra noise to wake someone up... Always first to suggest going and doing on weekends while they drag their feet..... no fun sometimes... ;)

Originally posted by Redsy333
We need a Rooster to wake the troops!!! [/B] Hehehe sounds like they've got one already.... all we need to do is teach you to crow.!! :evil::angel:

Colleen

Redsy333
10-16-2002, 08:01 AM
:p LOL, Crow or Eat Crow?!?! lolol
If I start cockling *snicker* doodling, that would leave me on the chopping block for some REALLLLLLY BAD Jokes:D:D:D!!!

Btw...."Dont wake them!!!!" Thats precious Me time you're giving up, when you wake them!!!:D:D:D

KarenU
10-16-2002, 10:38 AM
*Yawwwwn* Well good morning everyone!

Hey Slowdown....thanks for starting our thread today (altho it looks like you've warped us back into August, hehehe)! :D Ahhhh, a graphics tablet, now those are fun. I had gotten one quite some time ago and really liked it. Unfortunately,as with all computer equipment, it eventually wouldn't work with the newer computers I had. I'll be anxious to hear how you like it. It takes a little getting used to, but once you do, you're off and running!

Colleen....new pastels!! You'll definitely need to let us know what you got! I love hearing about other people's pastel purchases....I get so excited for them, I almost feel like I got new pastels myself!! :D

I'm preparing for visitors (my inlaws arrive next Tuesday), and as usual I have a ton of stuff to get done in the house before they get here! Today is carpet cleaning and pantry cleaning. Someone else is doing the carpets...but I'm in charge of the pantry :( Luckily, my list of things to get done is getting shorter and shorter each day, so that's a good thing!

You all have a great day and I'll catch ya in the threads! :D

Baby Blue Whale
10-16-2002, 03:32 PM
No wonder I'm confuzzed, where did August go?

OH BOY . . . a new graphics tablet. Now you know why peripherals are called "plug and pray." Can't WAIT to hear how it's going.

OH BOY . . . new pastels!!! Can't WAIT to see what you create with them.

As fer me, I woke up and was relieved to hear that there have been no new shootings in the VA/MD/DC area (my prayers to all the WC'ers who live in that area). So, I decided to paint. Currently working on a color study from a new technique book I bought. It's mid-day here in Northern Nevada so we'll have to see how the rest of the day goes.

Warmest,
Laura

KarenU
10-16-2002, 03:39 PM
Hey Laura...you're just a hop, skip and jump from me (as the crow flies :D )! Yeah...those shootings back on the east coast are just horrendous. One of them occurred at a gas station that my sister frequently goes to! I've been on pins and needles watching this whole thing unfold. Everyday I talk to her and tell her to stay at home! Unfortunately life continues and you have things that you need to go out for. What a state of paranoia everyone must be in.

Hope you're having a good day learning new techniques! What book did you get and is it a good one? :D

Dark_Shades
10-16-2002, 06:54 PM
Well I thought I would post this as its only one minute to go.... and hopefully into a better day...... my battery died in my car on Monday :( and good 'ol daddy has been running me back and forth from work each day - we had to order a new battery which was due today..... came home from work to be told that my son had just gotten in from taking my DH to hospital... he'd had an accident whilst trying to get the car out of the garage to put on the new battery .... he had one hand on the steering wheel, the other on the door.... pulling the car backwards out of the garage..... the back wheels caught the incline of the ramp and pulled dh against the metal doorframe.... trapping his hand there with the weight of the car. He eventually managed to push the car forward enough to free he's trapped hand... blood pouring everywhere. Went up to see him in casualty .... all bandaged up like a mitten - he sent me back home. Eventually turned up at 11pm after being there 4 hours........ many injections later..... tons of antibiotics.... 12 stitches and two broken fingers.
Poor thing.... lolol had to laugh at him... he's hand looks like a bunch of banana's

Looks like Daddy's gotta drive me tomorrow :crying:

Night Night