PDA

View Full Version : Interesting and informative Site

kitaye
10-15-2002, 09:25 PM
Hi all,

While we wait oh so impatiently for our very own Article on drawing elves I thought I would start a thread that contained links to Informative and Instructional websites.

My link was originally posted by Bobsy2uk in the drawing forum bt I found it one of the most informatives sites on fantasy art yet. Enjoy!

Farp: The Art (http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/farp/art.html)

I hope we get lots more links in this thread.

DraigAthar
10-15-2002, 10:05 PM
Great idea, Kitaye!!!

Try the Dimar art pages - Dee has several tutorials on drawing dragons that are pretty good.

http://www.dreslough.com/main/tutorials.htm

Amy

kitaye
10-16-2002, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by DraigAthar
Great idea, Kitaye!!!

Try the Dimar art pages - Dee has several tutorials on drawing dragons that are pretty good.

http://www.dreslough.com/main/tutorials.htm

Amy

Hey not bad. I like her tutorials on the basic shapes the dragons take. This'll be a decent link for digital artists. Thanks DraigAthar

TeAnne
10-16-2002, 09:16 AM
Ahhhhhhh YES, I will be needing that site :D Thank you for the link :)

DrLondon
10-16-2002, 10:45 AM
Thanks Kitaye and Draigathar for the links. I'll have to check out the dragon tutorial when I have more time. Well Kitaye, I tried to check out your link but, sniff, sniff:( I got ye olde "Forbidden by Rating Check! Blah blah blah" screen (I'm at work when I post:evil::eek::angel: ). So, I'll have to check out yours sometime when I'm at a non-work terminal.:)

kitaye
10-16-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by DrLondon
Thanks Kitaye and Draigathar for the links. I'll have to check out the dragon tutorial when I have more time. Well Kitaye, I tried to check out your link but, sniff, sniff:( I got ye olde "Forbidden by Rating Check! Blah blah blah" screen (I'm at work when I post:evil::eek::angel: ). So, I'll have to check out yours sometime when I'm at a non-work terminal.:)

LOL Tsk Tsk Tsk....of course where do you think I am at 8am :D

DrLondon
10-16-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by kitaye

LOL Tsk Tsk Tsk....of course where do you think I am at 8am :D

:evil: Tee hee hee hee hee:D :clap:

bobsy2uk
10-16-2002, 07:34 PM
Glad you found the link helpful :)
I have to admit, it was FARP that got me drawing in the first place - before I found it I didn't realise that one could learn to draw. I thought you could either do it or you couldn't :p

Gotta love it ;)

~Bobbie~

kitaye
10-16-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by bobsy2uk
Glad you found the link helpful :)
I have to admit, it was FARP that got me drawing in the first place - before I found it I didn't realise that one could learn to draw. I thought you could either do it or you couldn't :p

Gotta love it ;)

~Bobbie~

Hey cool. I didn't know you wre on the fantasy forum too. Sorry I stole your link but it was/is a wonderful site for those of us **raises hand** who have to learn to draw. Oh, to have been born with DraigAthar's or Axl's talent and Coolray's bronzed and chiseled body :evil: :D

BTW I loved you drawing Diary

PhilC
10-16-2002, 11:43 PM
Hey Thanks for the links. Well be checking out the one on oil pastels. Have had a cheep set for sometime just never really knew how to use them.

DraigAthar
10-17-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by kitaye

Oh, to have been born with DraigAthar's or Axl's talent and Coolray's bronzed and chiseled body.

LOL, I wish I was born with talent! Trust me, what I'm able to accomplish now is solely the result of a lot of hard work. Drawing is nothing BUT work for me. I will admit that sculpting always came easy to me, but drawing? Ugh!

As for bronzed and chiseled, well I envy that, too. :)

Amy

kitaye
10-20-2002, 02:05 PM
I found a new site that deals with creating animae style characters. Not neccesarily Sci-fi fantasy but comic bookish anyways. It's set up kinda interestingly with lots of clicking for page turning, but the tutorials I have looked at allow you to skip to more advanced sections or plod along like me :D

http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/index.htm