PDA

View Full Version : Unisons

Taminka
10-14-2002, 08:57 PM
Do any of you Aussies out there know if Unisons are imported into Australia. I've been trying to track down a distributer or retailer without success.

I know I could get them sent bu mail order from UK but really like to see what I buy! Are they only available in sets? I prefer to by just the colours I need.

Minky

chookbrown
10-14-2002, 10:24 PM
I searched high and low to find Unison's in Australia but found nothing.... This US supplier Daniel Smith (http://www.danielsmith.net) will ship to Australia and this is their policy below.....

International Shipments (Other than Canada).
Daniel Smith offers a variety of air and surface shipping options to most destinations around the world. Please place your international orders through our online store. When your order is received, a Daniel Smith Customer Service Representative will contact you by e-mail or phone to inform you of shipping options and costs. Your order will not be shipped until we receive your approval for shipping.

Good luck..

Colleen :D :D

seejay
10-14-2002, 11:11 PM
I am not sure, (the mind is always the first thing to go;)), but I think I saw them in Eckersley's art store in Brisbane a couple of weeks ago - they were selling them singly, if it was in fact Unison pastels I saw.

Worth contacting them I suppose - you should find their details here, hope it helps.

http://www.eckersleys.com.au/

Redsy333
10-14-2002, 11:44 PM
http://store.yahoo.com/aswsale/info.html

I know unison sells individual colors, you can buy sets and singles from most dealers here! I know shipping overseas is expensive , but this is where I buy alot of things and they are pretty reasonalble.
I love my Unisons, I hope you find someone that can help!

jackiesimmonds
10-15-2002, 03:38 AM
Minky - I contacted Unison for you, and yes, Eckersleys IS the Aussie distributor for Unison. They apparantly have 4 or 5 shops in Australia, so I am sure you will be able to get your Unisons from one of them.

Incidentally - if you can afford it - Unison do offer a HAND COLOURED colour chart, which is a really useful thing to have. Printers colour charts are seldom accurate for colour, but something done by hand for you is spot on, obviously. It isn't cheap, but it is worth it, if you are worried about what you buy mail order. It costs 16 sterling, plus postage. If you want one (any of you) you can write to UNISON, THORNEYBURN, TARSET, NORTHUMBERLAND, NE48 1NA, UK.

Do be careful about mail order from the US - check prices. It must be more expensive to buy pastels which have been shipped fromt he UK, to the US, and then to Australia!!! But then again, it is worth double checking prices. Eckersleys are probably your best bet.
Jackie

Taminka
10-15-2002, 03:53 AM
Thanks Seejay and Jackie for the info about Eckersleys. Have just phoned my closest store (Sydney - only 4 hour drive away!) and verified that they do have them. As luck would have it I have to go to Sydney next week so am dying to check them out.

My poor husband will groan - another art store to let me loose in, and spend money in!!:evil:

Thanks to Redsy and Colleen too for your help.

Minky