PDA

View Full Version : Corel Photo Paint tests/lessons

mARZ
10-14-2002, 06:11 PM
Hi everyone,

This is just a practice piece, I was trying to figure out how to use corel paints masks like I'd use Layers in PS5, I'm using Corel select edition V7 and I haven't figured out how it works but, the mask thing is kind of neat. Anyway I was just experimenting but it looked pretty cool when I was done so I thought I'd share with you all (y'all). :D

mARZ

Greg C.
10-14-2002, 10:45 PM
Pretty cool! Do you like Corel better than PS5 so far?

By the way, love your tiny head!

plumpfairy
10-15-2002, 11:33 AM
:eek: Looks like the poor swordfish got blasted with a flare gun!
Oh my!
Good practice piece!
jana;) :D

jsr88
10-15-2002, 04:12 PM
Jana...you know it's dangerous in here when you and I have the same impression of an abstract image. :D

I'm interested is hearing your opinion of the Painter vs PS5 also, mARZ. I'm thinking of purchasing the Painter software. Just started using it a few days ago, but the version I have is strictly the "teaser" version.

Oh...in case anyone is interested, the Painter site does have a downloadable trial for the version 7. Now that I'm back on the satellite connection I might take the time to get it down.

mARZ
10-15-2002, 05:37 PM
Greg- thanks, I am thinking of updating my tinyhead, and maybe doing a artical on how to do it.

PS5 vs Corel Paint..... So far I haven't totally figured out how Paint does everything, more correctly I haven't figured out how to do what I can do in PS5 in Corel.

So far here are my comparisons.

Corel is fabulously rich in its painting, both in colours and paint brushes/tools, its smudge/smear/blend tools give you a little more control so you can create more subtle effects.

PS5 is simple, it takes no time to start working in it, it still takes time to learn all the tricks but all the parts of if are straight forward. It's layers work really easily and let you seperate parts of the images.

The version of paint I have doesn't have have the same layers ability that PS5 has, its more like working on paper, you use masks like you would in the real world.( These are just opinions, I am not a Painter expert- I may be wrong about this, but so far this is how I'm working with it. If someone else knows how to use layers in Corel, tell me how too!!)

PS5 makes creating animated gifs like my tiny head easy...using layers to create the classic animation style drawings.

So I'm more familiar with PS5 so I can work faster in then Corel but it is so much fun to use all the different brushes and I think nicer colour pallet.

mARZ

captan
10-15-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by mARZ
Greg- thanks, I am thinking of updating my tinyhead, and maybe doing a artical on how to do it.

PS5 vs Corel Paint..... So far I haven't totally figured out how Paint does everything, more correctly I haven't figured out how to do what I can do in PS5 in Corel.

So far here are my comparisons.

Corel is fabulously rich in its painting, both in colours and paint brushes/tools, its smudge/smear/blend tools give you a little more control so you can create more subtle effects.

PS5 is simple, it takes no time to start working in it, it still takes time to learn all the tricks but all the parts of if are straight forward. It's layers work really easily and let you seperate parts of the images.

The version of paint I have doesn't have have the same layers ability that PS5 has, its more like working on paper, you use masks like you would in the real world.( These are just opinions, I am not a Painter expert- I may be wrong about this, but so far this is how I'm working with it. If someone else knows how to use layers in Corel, tell me how too!!)

PS5 makes creating animated gifs like my tiny head easy...using layers to create the classic animation style drawings.

So I'm more familiar with PS5 so I can work faster in then Corel but it is so much fun to use all the different brushes and I think nicer colour pallet.

mARZ

omg! so you make gif animations with PS5 thoo? Me thoo, me thoo! :) What other programs do you use? I used GifBuilder when I was still on MacOS9. Havn't tried anything special yet on OSX, gonna buy PSElements soon. :) Here's one of mine: (sorry, the filesize is a little BIG (bout' 400K))

http://hem.bredband.net/matsam/stuff/octo5.GIF

R.Masters
10-20-2002, 06:40 PM
Muy lindo!