PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Member "CykoVisuals"

CykoVisuals
10-14-2002, 02:35 PM
I just wanted to introduce myself and to say hello. I am an avid freelance web graphics creator and just wanted a community to hang with. My wife makes glass beads and she hangs out at the Glass Art forum and she thought I should sign up at WC, so I did and here I am! Hope to meet some cool people and possibly learn/teach a few things along the way. Take care everyone and have a great day!

crazy_cat
10-14-2002, 02:38 PM
Welcome to WC! I always welcome new views, ideas, tricks and tips! What program/programs do you use to create with? :clap: :clap: :clap: :cat:

CykoVisuals
10-14-2002, 03:13 PM
I use Photoshop 7.0 for photos and web graphics, and CorelDRAW for printing stuff. I am an engraver (plaques, trophies, signs, & awards) and I use CorelDRAW alot here at work. But my favorite by far, has got to be Photoshop. :clap:

Greg C.
10-14-2002, 03:21 PM
Welcome! I used to use Corel for sign work...Photoshop is much more enjoyable! :)

CykoVisuals
10-14-2002, 03:58 PM
I use CorelDRAW because of it's simplicity to use with vector graphics. I operate a Universal Laser Systems 25 watt Co2 laser engraver and they are pretty set in their compatibility with each other. I occassionally laser engrave photographs onto a painted metal surface and Photoshop comes in handy before importing and engraving the graphic. There is a lot of tweaking involved when doing that, hehe.

plumpfairy
10-15-2002, 11:40 AM
:D Welcome Cyko!
Can't wait to see your art! Bring it on in!
jana:D ;)

CykoVisuals
10-15-2002, 01:47 PM
Plumpfairy, there is a link to some of my work in my signature below, let me know what you think!

Digital Ed
10-15-2002, 02:38 PM
Went over and looked at your work Stephen , very nice photography!!! You are very talented:)
Thinking also of signing up with deviant art and have a member on my board too that uses it.

CykoVisuals
10-15-2002, 06:55 PM
Thank you very much Ed, I absolutley love digital photography, it is extremely fascinating to me, just as much as web graphics, if not even more! I took those shots with my wife's camera (Sony Mavica FD95), I have yet to get a digital camera of my own. I got the Digital Camcorder and she got the Digital Camera! She needed one for her business and we decided that the macro lens on that particular model was perfect for what she needed to do which is close-up shots of her glass beads she makes. Hopefully, sometime soon, I will be investing in a camera myself. I am still undecided on what model or brand to choose. I like to photograph nature so it would have to be able to shoot landscapes as well as close-ups. Again, thanks for the compliments, Ed, they are very appreciated.

plumpfairy
10-17-2002, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by CykoVisuals
Plumpfairy, there is a link to some of my work in my signature below, let me know what you think!

:D Visited your gallery....some very nice stuff ya got there! Didn't view all of 'em cuz it takes FOREVER to open one image on my ol' ~putor. Love the lightning photos!
jana:D :clap: ;)

CykoVisuals
10-17-2002, 01:39 PM
Thank you, the lightning was extremely difficult to capture! I captured those shots on two different occasions. They were finally caught by a lucky random shot! Here in Arizona, when it lightnings, it REALLY lightnings. I was just taking shot after shot until I lucked out. I submitted the first one to the local ABC news in Phoenix and they put it on their website and on the news, they said my name and everything, it was my 15 seconds of fame, LOL, it was great! Thanks for checking it out!