PDA

View Full Version : Not One of my Better Pieces

She-She
10-13-2002, 11:42 AM
With some other artists who are so willing to give up on a piece that just isn't working for them, let me show you what I have been keeping in my closet. I too have bad works sometimes, but I keep working at it. Most times it works out & sometimes not. This piece that you see is one of those "now what do I do with it". Let me tell you what I do with it. My original plan didn't work for me, but I admire the detail I put into this piece. The cowboy alone took 2 hours. This was also the first time I did a cow...er steer in this case. I impressed myself. I know where I made my mistake & maybe one day I will try this piece again. What I wanted to do originally was to have the edges of the subject blend more into the background. Didn't quite achieve that. This is one I keep around just for me to look at, & to know I'll do a better job next time. NEXT TIME...this one took 38 hours!!! I did learn something from this...use colored paper next time
Subject done in CP, background in Pastels, measuring 15"X19".
The photograph didn't scan very well...sorry for it being a bit blurry.

Sheila

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\pictures\cpart5.jpg

arlene
10-13-2002, 11:56 AM
you have three /// after files...that's why it's not uploading...go back in and edit your original post.

Also did you upload it on the bottom of the post window where it says browse?

ironhorse
10-14-2002, 06:48 PM
Hay she she fix the pic.
Wanna see wanna see!
Twyla

arlene
10-14-2002, 07:24 PM
this is your file which tells me two mistakes...

///C:/WINDOWS/Desktop/pictures/cpart5.jpg

1. the one about the ///
2. not uploading it to wc as a file...you can do that at the bottom by using the attach file...

She-She
10-14-2002, 10:24 PM
Here it is again. Sorry Arlene, I tried to edited my first post & screwed up...(no surprize there.) So I just rescanned it
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2002/rodeo.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Oct-2002/rodeo3.jpg

TeAnne
10-14-2002, 11:54 PM
There is a lot of work in this. Why arn't you happy?
I do see something I can't make it out though, it's on the horses hoof on the right. It sort of looks like his hoof is coming off.

She-She
10-15-2002, 12:50 AM
TeAnne, what you are looking at are the "bell boots". They are to protect the horse's heal on his hooves. It prevents the back feet from clipping the heals of the front feet. Many rodeo horses wear these. They are only worn on the front hooves. Many horses tend to "over reach" in stride when at a full run.

Sheila

ironhorse
10-15-2002, 10:13 AM
Gee she-she I think your being way too hard on yourself. I think this looks great so far. What is it thats bothering you? Ok except for the fact that there is a headless horse ;) ;) :D
Twyla

Aarmano
10-15-2002, 10:40 AM
You REALLY need to finish this - it's fantastic! I can't believe you aren't happy with it. Finish it, you'll be happy you did.

gemmag
10-15-2002, 03:50 PM
I think your being way to critical of yourself. I think you've done a great job so far!:D :D

Gemma

LAartist
10-15-2002, 04:51 PM
She-She this is terrific! I mean of coarse it will be much better when it's finished, and the horses are finished! Maybe it doesn't meet with the initial ideas you had but it is a beautiful piece that perhaps just took on a life of its own! Really it's wonderful, I think you just have to change your idea of what you wanted it to be because to the rest of us think its GREAT!!!!!!!!!! :D

Crias
10-17-2002, 09:51 AM
I love action shots and you can really feel the action in this dogging scene. I agree...you should finish it! I drew a pic similar to this one (also a dogger leaned off his horse) a few years back and also didn't like it, becuase the angles were hard to get right and didn't look right while I was working on it, but I finished it and many people who see my art point it out as one of their favorites. Follow this one through and I think you will be happy you did in the long run!

ZB3
10-17-2002, 05:04 PM
Hi,

I think you should finish this, also. It is very dramatic, and you have caught the mood, just right. :)

Jan