PDA

View Full Version : Lovely Weather

crazy_cat
10-11-2002, 10:49 AM
Weather for today on the coast of NC...wet! Sitting here waiting on Kyle. Geeze. Great weather if your a duck! UPS is charged, who cares about the rest of the house as long as my 12 computers are online and I am connected to the world.....

TeAnne
10-11-2002, 10:59 AM
hehehe Coooooooooooooool :cool:

crazy_cat
10-11-2002, 11:46 AM
Well heck now they have thrown tornadoes in the pic. Ok time to put the harness on the kitty, get out her box, watch her run and hide, oh this is always such fun. By the time I find her the tornadoes are already here. Well if any of you see something flying through the air with a cat...it will be me....oh boy..:mad:

plumpfairy
10-11-2002, 01:20 PM
:eek: Oh no! Not tornadoes! Bein' from TEXAS, I've had my share of scarey weather! .....and goin' down to the storm cellar, Granny carrying an old oil lamp.....spiders....dark hole......stagnant water up to my ankles....:eek: ....water moccasins slithering...and an old army cot.....dank moldy smell....
Well, you get the idea....scarey!
What are you doin' online in a storm silly? Or were you? Would hate for you to get ZAPPED!
jana:D :clap: ;)

crazy_cat
10-11-2002, 01:41 PM
Well I am like the postman, neither ran, sleet, snow or tornado shall keep me away...:D

crazy_cat
10-11-2002, 02:47 PM
Ok change that tornado's will keep me away. Two heading this way...oh boy! Hubbie is driving home in this mess if he can get away from work! I just hope he doesn't get stuck with all the flooding going on.....Ok going back to my coding and art work...

Greg C.
10-11-2002, 03:26 PM
Where in NC are you? I used to live in Raleigh...those hurricanes scare me eveytime I see one coming on the news...not fun.

crazy_cat
10-11-2002, 03:37 PM
Outside of Raleigh. We have rain, floods, tornado's, wind, take your pick right now and it isn't over with yet. Hubbie can't get home as there is a tornado in his way. We lived on the coast and were flooded out with Floyd so we moved to higher ground. Lot of good it did! What a mess this is...

Greg C.
10-11-2002, 03:43 PM
darn...my parents still live in Raleigh...I should give them a call and make sure they did not float away!

crazy_cat
10-11-2002, 03:49 PM
Yep it is pretty bad here. I am about 15 min away from the big R. Durham and Wake have major flooding. The local paper will give you lots of info.
I hope they are ok.
www.wral.com

jsr88
10-12-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by plumpfairy
:eek: Oh no! Not tornadoes! Bein' from TEXAS, I've had my share of scarey weather! .....and goin' down to the storm cellar, Granny carrying an old oil lamp.....spiders....dark hole......stagnant water up to my ankles....:eek: ....water moccasins slithering...and an old army cot.....dank moldy smell....
Well, you get the idea....scarey!
What are you doin' online in a storm silly? Or were you? Would hate for you to get ZAPPED!
jana:D :clap: ;)

Uh, Jana...HOW did you get into MY granny's cellar? Huh? Being from Oklahoma, and all...I can match ALL those memories, including (and especially) the water moccasin stories and probably go ya one better! :D

Now...CC I don't whether or not you've survived the big "T" (I certainly HOPE SO!!!) but you really have to STOP reminding this northern transplant of those HORRIBLE storms!! :D
When a bad storm heads this direction, I'm usually pleading with my hubby to BUILD me one of those CELLARS!!

Cool Pic BTW! ;)

crazy_cat
10-12-2002, 01:23 AM
Yeah we made it. What a mess it was! I am just glad it is overwith. Ditto on one of those cellars. My only option is to grab the cat and drive in the other direction.

plumpfairy
10-12-2002, 08:48 AM
:eek: Phew! Glad you and Crazy kitty made it! Would like to hear your scarey "Storm Cellar" adventure too!
jana:D ;)

crazy_cat
10-12-2002, 09:46 AM
I use to live in tornado alley and one night we had 33, yes 33! I was 7 years old and oh my what a night that was. We didn't have a basement so mom put us under the couch, flipped over and I remember hearing the windows cracking and the house vibrating. It is amazing how quiet it is in the core of those things. I sit and watch them go by my house here all the time. The last one to come through last year was about 3 miles away. I would love to chase one of those puppies. I think that would be awesome. I take pics of them here when they come through. Neighbors think I am crazy!

plumpfairy
10-12-2002, 11:41 AM
:D OOOOO! 33 Tornadoes in one night? Yep! Sure beats my stories!
I have allways been in awe of storms/weather. Would love to see your Tornado pix! Brave girl!
jana:D :clap: ;) :eek:

mmk
10-12-2002, 07:48 PM
i like