PDA

View Full Version : TAW's First daily Chat!

paintfool
10-11-2002, 06:16 AM
A lot of the other forums have begun to do daily chats, the place to simply say good morning, hello or anything else we'd like to express so i thought it would be downright silly for us to not do so here as well. After all, this is THE forum where we really speak our minds! :D Anyone is welcomed to begin the daily chat, ' morning whine and cheese please' or what ever you'd like to call it! :D I think making up the name for each days new thread is half of the fun of it! :D But the idea is that we would benefit from this new trend as much as the other forums are and i think there's no better place for a little venting and/or sharing than 'The Artists Way' forum! Hope someone else will have as much fun with the daily thread title tomorrow!
This is not proving to be one of my best days, as i know i will probably sleep a good deal of it away, since after all it IS 6:15 am and i'm STILL awake. :( this is due partially to the fact that i am a true insomniac and we only sleep for limited periods of time and the fact that my husband is not yet home from work. He will be soon, hopefully but i never really sleep well until he's home and safe. I guess that's the mother complex :) It looks like i'll be quite busy tomorrow, (today :D ) as i am trying to do a LOT of things and still have two constantly hungry men to deal with (Husband and nephew) but somehow i'll manage. I've decide that 'batch foods' you know, things like Chili, stew etc... are good all around deals because you only have to devote a few days per week to making them. Left overs are a big hit here, thank goodness. Hmmm.... a little sleep, a little planning, a bit of shopping and a LOT of cooking and freezing will give me more art time. :) Life is good!
I have a new kitten and he is not quite ready for the great out-doors so he has a litter box, which stinks. :( ewww! Any suggestions?

Gisele
10-11-2002, 07:09 AM
Cheryl, try kitty stew...;) hehehe just kidding of course!

Thought I'd share about a synchronicity I had yesterday: I woke up with the urge of bellydancing and going back to taking lessons again after years of procrastination and I kept thinking about a new friend I have made last week. In the morning she called to ask if I could show her a few bellydance steps for a surprise for her boyfriend. This kind of synchronicity happens to me all the time; but it still makes me laugh when it happens.

Gisele:)

jersey
10-11-2002, 08:30 AM
Good Morning All ~ am new here but thought I'd jump in. Have vowed to renew my commitment to TAW...starting (again) today.

A hard freeze (29) is forecast on Sunday so a final stroll through the gardens is on tap - cutting the last roses for the table. Stew/soup/chili sounds like a good idea...and wouldn't require a lot of attention.

I'm struggling with a collage project for an exchange I'm in...my first pieces were less than satisfying but now the deadline is looming...need to change my thinking maybe. Part of the issue is conforming...wanting the work to be accepted/approved by others produces uninspiring (to me) results...submitting less traditional work elicits no comment (if you can't say something nice . . . yada, yada, yada...)

Anyway, my excuses are running thin...this thread is a nice way to frame the day...Thanks.

Catherine

Helen Zapata
10-11-2002, 11:14 AM
Good morning!

This IS a nice idea!

I'm cruising the forums this morning while studiously ignoring my hubby who is fussing around with his computer problems. Hehe.. I'm so mean. ;)

I'm looking forward to painting today, but don't really have good painting time until he goes to work. He works here at home, but at least it gets me some time to myself. Unfortunately today, he doesn't have his first patient until 2:30 this afternoon. <drumming my fingers impatiently>

I'll hopefully be finishing up a little oil landscape today, and then I get to play with all the new acrylics I treated myself to yesterday. I really splurged! I haven't touched acrylics in about 14 years, and my style has changed drastically from those days. SO I can't wait to get started. Whee!

Helen

Rose Queen
10-11-2002, 02:01 PM
Great idea, Cheryl!

In my "other" life, I'm on the board of a non-profit that takes historic houses and rehabs them for low-income, first-time homebuyers. Last night we showed off our showpiece home, a 1910 bungalow brought back from the edge of extinction as a crack house. I put on high heels for the first time since I retired three years ago and after about 15 minutes, I wondered how I'd walked around in them every day for 30+ years! Alas, I had to keep them on for the next three hours and, man, do my feet hurt this morning! :crying:

'Scuse me, I gotta go find the epsom salts...

Crey
10-11-2002, 04:22 PM
Hey - I have the unusual position of being alone tonight and for the weekend (after which I am off to Charleston for a conference) My son and husband went to NYC (lucky them!) so I get to work all night long if I want!! Truthfully, I miss them a little already and it will be an entire week until I see them again. On the other hand, I'm thrilled to be alone since it happens so little!
so - pulled thisaway and thataway - Let's hope I can use the time and not fritter it away in wondering what I should do
- Crey

:confused: :) :( :confused:

JustjoGA
10-11-2002, 04:33 PM
I haven't been able to be available for the Artist's Way discussions started earlier, but I am moved to relate what is happening for and against me this month. First, I have a terrible case of artist's block, a project I should have finished a week ago, and MUST turn in on Monday, so I will paint this weekend. However, after the joy of finally becoming employed again after a year of unemployment, a major cross-country move, and stressful financial reverses, I finally got a job two weeks ago, part time and minimum wage, but I had it figured to be at a manageable level at the end of this month. WRONG! Last week my rent check bounced (I was $3 short at the bank), they emptied my account with a NSF charge, then to add insult to injury the Management company socked some atrocious extra fees for the check having bounced!! So instead of even, I am broke, overdrawn, and out of gas for the car (to get to work!) All I could think of to say was, "Why me, Lord?" With all the stress of money worries, I haven't been able to paint a lick, and I miss it!!!