PDA

View Full Version : Michael Chesley Johnson workshop

Greenbrier33
08-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Anyone been to a Michael Chesley Johnson workshop?

I'm scheduled for the one in Maine in late September. Wondered if any other artists have met or worked under MCJ. If so, could you describe your experience?

Here is a link to the workshop:
http://www.acadiaworkshopcenter.com/MCJohnson.html

Very much looking forward to it and appreciate your comments,
Dave

Paula Ford
08-06-2010, 08:40 PM
I know Michael, but have never taken one of his workshops. I'm sure he is a wonderful teacher and is definately a fabulous artist... Love his work!!

Lynndidj
08-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Dave - it looks like a wonderful workshop, and Acadia National Park is renowned for it's beauty!! September should be fabulous and way cooler than Baghdad for sure!!! Are you home on leave, or are you done with your service? MCJ is well-known as a great workshop teacher and I'm sure you will learn tons from him. Make sure to report back!!

Lynn

MChesleyJohnson
08-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Gosh, you guys make me blush! I just happened to surf through here (sorry I've been gone of late). Looking forward to working with you, Dave!

PeggyB
08-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Dave I think Michael will be a great "fit" for you. Although I've not taken a workshop from him, I do know pastelists who have and they give him very high marks as a fabulous teacher and mentor. One of them is a past president of the Pastel Artists of Canada, and a good pastel painter herself. She throughly enjoyed her recent workshop with Michael.

Peggy

Greenbrier33
08-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Peggy, thanks for your response.

And Michael, obviously I wish the next 6 weeks would fast forward. I'm so excited to meet and work with other artists under your guidance.

Thanks all and will post my lessons learned after the workshop. :)

MChesleyJohnson
08-11-2010, 07:43 AM
We'll see you soon, David!