PDA

View Full Version : multiverse (Lithograph)

Greg C.
09-30-2002, 10:08 PM
The last Litho I did back in 1997...no longer have access to a studio. :(

sassybird
10-05-2002, 11:15 AM
I like this image. It has a space feel about it that is always appealing to me. It is too bad that you do not have access to a studio anymore. I suggest that you think about just taking a printmaking class at your local college ever so often to keep your hand in. The cost of the class can really pay for itself if you pump out some editions to sell during the semester.

Greg C.
10-06-2002, 01:30 AM
Thanks! I would love to find somewhere close by with a studio...of course, I would like to have my own studio someday but I do not seem to be rolling in $$ at the moment! :D

sassybird
10-08-2002, 02:41 AM
Litho stones are very very expensive, and many are ages old, because there is only one or two places in the world where they are quarried. The presses are also expensive, so I understand the $$ concern. If you would like to do other printmaking techniques though you can find relatively inexpensive presses through Dick Blick. Gisela bought one for a couple of hundred dollars I believe, but she could tell you more about that. I think she is happy with the press. I wish I had known about them before my husband spent 2K on my Griffin press :(

Greg C.
10-08-2002, 03:41 AM
I really doubt I will ever get back into Litho...far to expensive as you pointed out. Besides, I actually prefer Etching and Monotype...and the occasional block print. BUT, if the opportunity to do Litho ever arises I am sure I'll give it a whirl...it's just SO complex though. My notes fill half a sketchbook and I have forgotten most of it. I guess that's why places like Tamarind train master printers to help us poor artists out! :)