PDA

View Full Version : WIA Saturday July 31/10

Barrie
07-31-2010, 04:09 AM
Happy weekend all!!! It's a statutory long weekend too - so lots of time to recoup from the wedding! It's just past midnight on Friday night, so technically, I'm calling it Saturday! :) Thought I'd pop in now as I know I won't have time in the morning. Jewelry is made. HATE the necklace I made for myself. Might not wear it, we shall see!!! All the other jewelry is finished (bride's earrings, 7 necklaces for bridesmaids and flowergirls). Got the last of the shopping done (shirt & tie for dh, pants for Cody, and some hiik & eye closures for the dresses!). Also stopped for critter food - are we organized or what?!?! lol Now, camera is charging, I'm about to attach the hook/eye thingies to the dresses, then sleep. In the morning I have a hair and makeup appointment (huge splurge for myself!), drop off the jewelry and dresses at the bride's parents' place, then home to get my dress hemmed and ready for the ceremony at 2. Piece of cake! OMG I will be so glad when this is done!

OH!! News!!! Oldest son's wife did NOT miscarry!!! Turns out that the hospital ER is full of freshly graduated students, and the one she got was woefully inept!!! He was ready to commit her and have her operated on!! Anyway, she went to a highly recommended OB/GYN today, turns out she and the baby are just fine. So all that heartache and worry for nothing!!! I told her to find out which hospitals the OB/GYN works out of and those are the ONLY hospitals she goes to from here on out!! Poor thing is a wreck, but a happy wreck tonight!!

Anyway, just wanted to thank you guys for putting up with my crazies while getting ready for the wedding - looking forward to sharing pictures!!! Have a good Saturday all! :grouphug:

LadyArowana
07-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Have agreat time at the wedding Barrie, sorry you don't like your own piece, I'm sure it's fine really LOL.

I'm off to stay with a friend for a couple of nights tomorrow and desperately need to clean up and pack, so no time to chat. Fiona

Andee
07-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi Barrie, hi all.

Didn't get much sleep last night (roadworks again), have spent the entire day on the sofa... *yawn*

Barrie, that is good news, but shocking how something like that can happen. Have a great ceremony, and congrats to the happy couple!

All- :wave:

Andee
07-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi Fiona, you sneaked in on me :wave:

TheBlueBetween
07-31-2010, 02:18 PM
hi peeps! I'm home! We had a great trip, but we are all exhausted from it - the great american road trip is a lot of work!

Barrie, congrats and congrats!! I'm glad I missed the baby drama and that it all worked out!! Happy Wedding day to all of you :)

Hi Fiona & Andee, I'm behind on the times, are you still in England, Fiona? Andee, how many days til holiday?

xoxox

Andee
07-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Pam - 20 workdays until holidays and until I'm done with this job.

TheBlueBetween
07-31-2010, 04:04 PM
WHAT? What have I missed? Did you give your notice???

Andee
08-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Read here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630315), Pam! :)