PDA

View Full Version : The "Goal Post" for August 2010

Dougwas
07-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Hi

Welcome the the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Doug

Dougwas
07-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Hey Gang

I decided to get the new thread going so when the site comes back up, it will be there for anyone to post their goals. You could even post them now if you want. I hope you all have a good two days without WC. Let's cross our fingers and hope that everything goes well.:crossfingers:

Doug

Mary Y
07-29-2010, 12:24 AM
Good idea Doug.
I am just off to work and suspect when I get back there will be no WC for me.
EarlyAugust goals-
Keep painting.
One WDE,
Do the values exercise in Deborah's Book.
Keep doodling in my sketchbook.
Have fun painting everyone.
PS .maybe when there is no WC it is time to restock??

robertsloan2
08-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi goalies!

My goals for August:

1. Save $65+
2. Daily art
3. Organize supplies
4. Mats and framing
5. August Spotlight
6. Article or video
7. Deborah Secor's 20 strokes challenge
8. Use my Pan Pastels

These are a little tough, some of them. But the worst is over for "organizing supplies." At least, most of the heavy hauling stuff around is over, what's left is specifically going through three portfolios and maybe rearrange what's on which shelves so it's easier to get at. It does count if I use my Pans in my sketchbooks too, something I like doing sometimes.

Hopefully sometime this month Jerry's will finally send my Pan Pastel trays.

Dougwas
08-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Mary- It's always time to restock.:evil: So many pretty pastels to choose from. It sounds like you are trying to keep doing your daily art and that is a great idea. Sketching is a good way to make it convenient to do. You will have a great month, Mary. Just keep doing what you are doing.:thumbsup:

Robert- These goals should keep you out of trouble. Using your Pans sounds like fun. Mine are sitting next to my sticks, but not being used. Thanks for an idea.:)

Just keep at it, Robert. You are doing more than most able bodied people could do. Deborah's challenge sounds interesting and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Doug

Dougwas
08-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Here are my goals for August.

1) I will finish cleaning my studio and keep it tidy thoughout the month.
2) I will participate and paint 2 paintings in The Spotlight.
3) I will paint 2 landscapes.
4) I will participate in the Monthly Sketch thread by painting 2 sketches a week.

Doug

robertsloan2
08-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Doug, thank you. Your goals look good too, all of them are going to be fun to see, especially if you also snap photos of your tidy studio. Though I'm not holding my breath for "keep it tidy all month" since you'll get started painting and that doesn't keep things tidy. Better to let it get messy and productive, then clear it up periodically so you can find things.

Where's the Monthly Sketch thread? Or is that the Pastel Sketch Thread you meant? I was planning on doing something in there too, possibly with Pans or just with pastel pencils. Depends on my body energy.

I started taking milk thistle extract a few days ago and it's doing a lot to knock back the chronic fatigue. I actually got out to the mailbox this morning to send off Deb's check, so it's helping.

Ruthie57
08-02-2010, 06:13 PM
I have two goals for this month.
1. Do the best possible things for my Mum as she's going through major health problems and is currently in respite care...but only until the 10th. I will have to fight to get whatever may be best for her.
2. Paint as much as I can! (the studio cleaning has already waited 3 months...it can wait another lol)

ElsieH
08-03-2010, 06:11 PM
:wave:Hi, Pastel Goalies!

I'm back from our trip to Ohio from my DH's family reunion.
It was at Burr Oak State Park, a lovely place with lake, trees, etc.
I got several watercolor PA sketches made amid all the family activities.
Also, got some hopefully useful art ref. photos taken, too.
One great time was when my daughter, Julia (who paints in acrylics and pastels) and I sat with my niece and her sketch book and had a great family art gab session. My niece (high school senior) had fun watching me paint, also. I remember way back when she was about 8 years old, I sent her a bunch of art materials for Christmas. She made good use of them and has grown as an artist over the years. Great fun!:heart:

Ok, August Goals! Oh, yes, It is August already...time flies when you are having a good time!:wink2:
August 2010 Art Goals

Photograph watercolor sketches from Ohio trip.
Upload art ref. photos from trip from camera to my computer.
Clean up and put away pastels on palette shelf from earlier painting.
Do the brick wall painting and prairie flowers paintings in pastel.
Do the August Watercolor Workshop project, from a watercolor group I belong to.
Paint watercolor paintings from the watercolor PA sketches from trip.Maybe turn some into pastel paintings, too.
Complete the drawing portrait course before Sept. workshop with Sandra Angelo at Dillmans. Oh, I can hardly wait!
Work on flower drawings in colored pencil. Hopefully I will be able to get some of this accomplished. :crossfingers:

Ruthie: Hope your Mum's health improves and that you get some painting time, too.
Robert and Doug: good goals! Happy Painting!
Doug: You can come clean up my mess, too! LOL! :lol:

ElsieH
08-03-2010, 06:13 PM
:wave:Me again....
Forgot:

Mary: good set of goals! Hope you can get in some good painting!

robertsloan2
08-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Ruthie, good luck on both of those goals. She is so lucky to have you there to fight for her, very often none of the medical people listen to the patient but will listen to a healthy relative or friend.

Elsie, that's a hefty list of goals! Sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait to see your plein air watercolors and the paintings you're doing from them. Message me when they're posted, will you? So cool your niece is still into art and has gotten good after you gave her art supplies when she was eight. That's got to be an incredible feeling.

RO'M
08-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Laudable goals from everyone! So ambitious! And Ruthie, your mum is so lucky to have you! I hope you can get some art time in for yourself...

I've got a pot of jam on the stove, so will be quick- August; the last month before school and my job begin again. I'm starting to be busy with garden harvest, but i do have a few goals....

Pen and ink drawings of various garden things.
One pastel sketch per week
One or two pictures for the next group show 'expressions'-hmmm. That will be in beg. of Sept.

i did manage to do two pictures for the show 'blue'- both from sketches i did in PEI- one watercolor and one pastel[of waves- i'll try to post it- i tried a few times but it never went through]

And i will share some happy news- i sold a watercolor in a show that happened in june:)

Ok- the jam's about ready- cheers, all-happy painting

Ruthie57
08-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Elsie, you've got a lot of goals it seems! Go girl!
Robert, thanks for your comments. I'm not a natural fighter but will make myself do it when I have to!
Rachel, thanks also. What's the jam? My Dad used to make Rhubarb and Ginger jam and that's always been my favourite.
I managed a couple of hours in the studio today and, fingers crossed, have all day tomorrow to indulge in the dust (helps me relax and forget).

Judibelle
08-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Good to see everyone's goals. So far I havent made any for this month....havent played with the pastels for weeks now.
I guess my goal would be just to PAINT or SKETCH this month , as much as possible.
( the help I have for my husband has dwindled, so more is on me, and by the time he's taken care of, I'm beat!)
Gotta get motivated and start using all those pastelpencils I bought! They are just sitting there, doing nothing!
So there's goal #2...Use my pastel pencils.
Well see, I do have a couple of goals, after all....
Judi

robertsloan2
08-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Judi, that's a good pair of goals. One suggestion, since you have so many new pastel pencils. Work small. You can finish small paintings sooner with pastel pencils and that gives a lot of practice within the same time period as working larger with sticks. Large pieces in pastel pencils tend to take much longer (though they're still faster than colored pencils paintings that size). I've found pastel pencils even work well on sketchbook paper.

Good luck on taking care of your husband, it's so great of you to do so!

Rachel, congratulations on your sale! I hope you get in lots of dusty time painting during August, sounds like you won't have much time afterward.

Ruthie, excellent! Enjoy your long day in the studio. So glad you got a couple of hours in already.

Ari cat is laying on my leg and the arm of my chair, purring. He's all warm and soft. I love this as a reward for the day's good painting.

I've done two of my goals in one painting. I used Pan Pastels for my first Spotlight painting. I was going to combine them with pastel pencils, but I kept going with the Pans until I realized it was done - then found out that pastel pencils don't go that well over layers of Pans when I did the small signature down at the bottom. Still, I managed to get it in. So I'm feeling very good about that one.

I also made it through another day without buying more art supplies. I bought my August supplies last week and they arrived yesterday, so I really do not need to order again until September. If I stick to this, I can afford my Unisons in September and that'll be wonderful.

MarinaG
08-07-2010, 11:41 PM
My goals:
- attend life drawing group (done)
- create a piece for submission to the Okanagan Erotic Art Show
- finish my first watercolor painting
- continue to work on getting my paintings exhibited locally (in progress - got accepted into library exhibit)

Dougwas
08-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Ruthie- Good luck with with your Mum. Fighting for what is right for her is way more important than a clean studio. I hope you find time to paint. Good luck.

Elsie- Glad to hear you had a great vacation. That is a long list of goals for this month. I am sure you will do a good job on them.

Rachel- Congratulations on the sale! :thumbsup: It must be a great feeling. You will do a fine job on this months goals.

Judi- I hope you find some motivation. I know it is hard sometimes, but you will find something to spark your interest. Good luck.

Robert- It sounds like you are off to a good start. Good luck with your savings. It will be worth it. The Unison half stick set is worth every penny. You will love them.

Marina- Very good goals. Have fun with the watercolours. It is always fun trying new mediums. Do you have much smoke in your area? We had some smoke, but not as much as some parts of BC. Good luck with your goals.

Doug

chuas2
08-08-2010, 04:05 PM
My biggest goal for this month is to try and set up some of my own still lifes to paint! I find that really hard for some reason.

Also, to practice some of the things I learned in Dianna's workshop. I don't know how much of the stuff I learned will ultimately change the way I paint, but I'd like to practice them...it's all about honing one's skills, right?

I actually have some breathing room (painting time!) after next week (three, almost four, 60 hour weeks at work argh!).

Everyone's goals look good! Ruthie, please take some time for yourself and give yourself some treats now and then. That's the only way I got through the two plus years while my own mom was ill.

Kind of modest goals, but I'm so tired from work. :(
Chuas

robertsloan2
08-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Marina, welcome to the goalies! You've got some good goals for this month. Enjoy the watercolors, that's a medium I have so much fun with.

Chuas, that's an impressive goal in itself. Setting up a still life is a challenging task - I can see why you find it hard. The ones in books or the RIL set up by better artists have gorgeous composition, perfect color harmony, all sorts of qualities that make it easier to work with them and get a good painting. When you do your own, that's hard to achieve.

I know you'll do it. Also working on the things you learned in Ponting's class will be rewarding. You'll probably surprise yourself on both of those goals. Simple goals, but very powerful ones. Enjoy!

Ruthie, Chuas is right. You deserve some treats for everything you're doing.

I knocked off another goal today. I finally broke the writing block and created a HubPages article! How to Draw Tangerines with Colored Pencils (http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Draw-Tangerines-with-Colored-Pencils) is posted. If it was in oil pastels, I'd have done one for my site - but it was this morning that I remembered to scan stages on what I was doing and I did one of the CP challenge photos.

These challenges on WC are so inspiring. Now if I'd done that on my Spotlight painting I'd have a pastels article to write. Must remember to do that for the next one.

RO'M
08-08-2010, 10:30 PM
greetings all! Week one of August has flown by! I did manage a pen and ink of some hollyhocks...but no pastel sketch:(. Later this week i will be going to the wilds of Quebec with my husband and youngest son for a week; i will definitely bring watercolors and sketch book- pastels? Maybe-. Meanwhile i am frantically weeding, weeding-still trying to catch up from PEI. A dear friend who now lives in Arizona is arriving tomorrow- i don't expect i will be doing a lot of art this week- but who knows?

Ruthie- the jam i made was blueberry/gooseberry/wild blackberry-came out well! I love the idea of rhubarb/ginger-yumm.

Judi-well, i don't really have any great ideas about motivation- the only trick that works for me sometimes is saying to myself "oh, i'll just do five minutes- i have time for that" and usually, i spend a lot more than that on whatever i am doing-

Marina-welcome to our goalie group.:wave:

Chuas- 60 hour work weeks-that is tough. Best of luck with the still lifes- to me, getting the background and the light right are the hardest parts of setting one up...

Robert, i checked out your tangerines- very impressive. i own some watercolor pencils-just use them dry- i was intersted to see that you use them as a sort of preliminary wash under the regular pencils-lots of possibilities i hadn't thought of.

Doug- what are you up to?

Cheers to all-

chuas2
08-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Wow Robert, the "..Tangerines" article is awesome. As usual, a wealth of information, helpful hints and encouraging words. You're a great teacher!
Chuas

Dougwas
08-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Chuas- I hope you can find time to paint. You are correct about honing your skills. There is no substitute. You must keep on painting and learning from each painting. You are doing a great job at it.:thumbsup:

Robert- Great cp article! I might just try it when I get some time. I must start playing more. Good to see you are doing well with your goals. Keep at it, Robert.

Rachel- First PEI and now Quebec. Every time you come to Canada, you are getting closer to me out in BC.:) Have a good trip.

I haven't been able to paint this month. Life is getting in the way, but not in a bad way. I hope to be able to do some painting in the next few days.

Let the dust fly.

Doug

ElsieH
08-10-2010, 02:04 PM
:wave:Hi, Goalies!

Welcome, Marina! Great goals!

Just in today to do a little tick-tock progress report:

Photograph watercolor sketches from Ohio trip. Done!
Upload art ref. photos from trip from camera to my computer. Done.
Clean up and put away pastels on palette shelf from earlier painting.Done

Do the brick wall painting and prairie flowers paintings in pastel.
Do the August Watercolor Workshop project, from a watercolor group I belong to.
Paint watercolor paintings from the watercolor PA sketches from trip.Maybe turn some into pastel paintings, too.
Complete the drawing portrait course before Sept. workshop with Sandra Angelo at Dillmans. Oh, I can hardly wait! Making progress! But, Bummers....Sandi's workshop is canceled! Will continue via her on-line courses!
Work on flower drawings in colored pencil. Started.Hey, it is Aug. 10th and I'm getting stuff done! :clap:

I'll attach photos of the watercolor sketches made at Burr Oak State Park in Ohio. They really are "sketches" rather than finished paintings! Surrounded by lots of family and press of time, I opted for taking reference photos, and making my sketches be color studies to help me remember when I got home.
I'm thinking one or two may turn into pastel paintings rather than watercolor. The last one, sort of a wild hodge-podge of color really was just a rapid recording of colors I want to use with little attempt to getting forms. I felt like old Henche was sitting next to me yelling, "Spots of color, just get spots of color! LOL!:wink2: I was sitting on the bank with clouds coming up fast, light changing and rain about to end my session! :eek:

robertsloan2
08-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Rachel, mmmm that jam sounds so good. I love berries and berry flavored things. Glad you liked my tangerines article. Watercolor pencils work great as underpainting for pastels too, give it a try. Go lightly on sanded paper though cause it will eat up the cores fast and it's easy to put too much on with sanded paper.

Chuas, thanks for your comment on my watercolor pencils article.

Doug, thanks! Your encouragement helps keep me going more than you realize, this thread is a lot of why I've developed good habits.

Elsie, that sounds like so much fun! You got so much done too. Plein air watercolor sketching is so cool.

I wish I could see your attachments, was WC having problems while you posted? Please try to post them again. The uploader's been working for me, but I'm seeing other people have intermittent problems with that or now, attachments.

Dougwas
08-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Elsie- You are off to a great start to your goals. Too bad your workshop was cancelled. Hopefully you will get another chance. Please try to post your paintings again, because we would all love to see them.

Robert- You are welcome. I guess we help each other, because you inspire me to paint and draw.

I couldn't see any posts after Rachel's last post until I clicked on "Post Reply". So I don't know if I will be able to see this post. We will see.:crossfingers:

Doug

Dougwas
08-11-2010, 11:59 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Doug

robertsloan2
08-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Doug, thank you! Glad you could see your post after posting.

I've been dithering about 120 Unison Half Sticks ever since I went over to Jerry's Artarama to browse. I found a set of 72 Starter Unisons in the aluminum case, the Signature Set, at $232.50 -- all the Signature Sets are on Super Sale deep discount till the end of December.

Well, now I'm still dithering on Signature Set (easier to store in my cluttered room) or more colors for about the same price. But I've got all month to decide because I managed to stick to my savings goal.

Instead, I found something under $20 for a whim - 64 half sticks in Mungyo Gallery soft pastel. I had a set of 32 Mungyo half sticks that I gave away because they were student grade, even though I liked them. Liked the colors, liked how they handled, knew they probably weren't lightfast but when I ran into a student it was easy to hand them off.

Why would I replace a student set?

Jerry's is running a summer pastels contest with a $1,000 gift certificate for first prize. That's probably where they'll get some catalog and website images from entries. The kicker is, to do an entry I have to use Erengi oil pastels (which I have) or Mungyo soft, square or semi-hard pastels. With the Mungyo ones in stock, I decided that I'd have time to enter the contest ordering it today, so went for the $9.99 super sale whim set, which paid for its own shipping on the super sale discount.

So I'm adding that to my goals, real goal to get an entry done by the entry date of September 15th. Something as good as my last pastel landscape, try to beat my best. There's no contest fee. Extra points if I do and send in my entry before September, during this month. Extra points if I do two, one in soft pastels and one in oil pastels.

Here's the contest URL if anyone else wants to try for it: https://www.jerrysartarama.com/art-contests/summer-pastel-challenge.htm

So I'll use these half sticks and then keep them around as a sketching/teaching set. At some point down the years I'll run into a student and have a 64 half stick set to hand off that are good student grade - maybe not that lasting but pretty nice medium softness student ones with good colors, unless Mungyo changed their formula for the worse.

New goals:

1. Save $65+ - yes
2. Daily art - current
3. Organize supplies
4. Mats and framing
5. August Spotlight - yes
6. Article or video - yes
7. Deb's 20 strokes challenge
8. Use my Pan Pastels - yes
9. Enter Jerry's Pastel Contest

ElsieH
08-12-2010, 02:26 PM
:wave:HI, Goalies!

Robert: When I look above on this thread, my sketches are there.
Can you see them now?.....feel like the guy on TV..."can you hear me now?" :lol:

Yesterday wanted to go out and do some sketches of our yellow coneflowers that are in bloom. It was so terribly hot and humid and the mosquitoes were
were intent on having me on their lunch menu...back inside right away....:eek:
may be forced to so a "in plein window" instead, today! :wink2:

Maybe it is a better day to go down to my studio!

Robert....my, my...which pastels will you buy....I know the feeling, I want 'em all!:evil::cat:

robertsloan2
08-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Sorry, Elsie, I can't see them now.

One more vote in favor of the 72 Signature Starter versus 120 half sticks. I just got my Anderson Swivel Easel from Deborah. She kindly put an empty 18 color Unisons box into the sketchbox for me -- so I could put together pieces and bits into that for a field set. If I buy the 72 full sticks set, then I'm not swapping colors out between my regular Unisons and my field set - just choosing 36 of the colors to break and stash in the field box.

This would also let me adjust which colors go in the field box when I'm going to different locations or doing different subjects too. Plus that aluminum case could store standing up like a briefcase, unlike cardboard boxes - which puts it into the small area on the floor where I stash things like my wood box Erengi set, my light box, that sort of thing. If they live right next to me under my drawing table, then I may be more likely to use my Unisons more often than if the box is flat on a shelf.

Anyone else have one of the Signature sets to tell me if that's a stupid idea or a good one? I like the clear window on the case too, it'd let me see at a glance whether I need to get replacements.

It's also wicked to start thinking of getting a full range of Unisons the slow way by getting those non-overlapping 18 color sets.

RainySea
08-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Hello everyone. . . what a great idea for a thread! I think that would be really helpful to write down goals each month. Here are my art-related goals for August.

- draw/paint every day
- enter at least one contest
- complete illustrations/website art for my daughter's book
- complete/mail at least three of the pet portrait project cards
- finish my other daughter's portrait to give her for birthday
- finish portrait of one of my dogs that I started earlier this month

The first one is actually a goal I made in early May and have keep up every day since then as far as I remember. . . YAY. Its hard when working full time and doing volunteer projects for a few clubs to try and fit it in sometimes, so I am happy that I am keeping it up!

Elsie, I cannot see the images either. I have taken a workshop with Sandra A. a few years ago. Sorry to hear yours was cancelled.

Dougwas
08-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Elsie- Watch out for those mosquitoes. I am itching just thinking about it. I can't see your photos either. I hope they fix these glitches soon, so we can get back to normal(whatever normal is:) ). Happy window painting.

Robert- You are just like a kid in a candy store; you don't know which one you want. :D I don't think there is a right or wrong set to buy but, if the prices are about the same, you are getting more product with the 72 full sticks than the 120 half sticks. Maybe 72 sticks with the case is your best bet. It is a nice problem to have.;)

Rainy- Welcome to the Goal Post. I am glad you found us. You have a load of projects on the go. One at a time and you can tick them off. I think your first goal is the main one. If you can draw or paint every day, the goals will be accomplished. Good luck.

Doug

robertsloan2
08-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Doug, thank you for pointing that out. It may not be as many colors but I'm getting more product - and breaking the sticks myself will let me fill the little 18 stick case with 36 chosen plein air colors while still having all the colors in the big set. I could even adjust what goes with me by season or subject if I break all of the 72 Unisons.

I think I'll go for the Signature Set. That's a great deal on it and I always wanted one -- and storage is at a premium here in this room. I think I'll have a lot of fun with it. Yep. Just like a kid in a candy store. Just like most of the art supply addicts here. Pastels are the hard stuff, getting into pastels is like going to heroin and mainlining... deep down we all really want a giant loft studio and full range sets of all good brands.

Rainy, welcome to the Goal Post! This thread did so much for me to keep up daily art and to accomplish more in general.

I have another goal tick to mention, though Kitten helped me with it.

The Easel Has Landed!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2010/70184-Anderson-Easel-Video-Setup.jpg

Goal 3 - Organize Supplies! Tick-tick-tick.

I had no idea buying Deborah's used easel would be that convenient. I thought of it mostly as a way to go outdoors and paint. I also thought it was an extravagance because I have a perfectly good ultra lightweight field easel in its little canvas bag in the closet - which I still may use outdoors sometimes.

This one just provided a space and storage solution to two problems. How to use an easel in my room when my big one, now stored in the closet, won't fit - and how to set up my webcam to make videos with the art right side up on the screen. When Kitten helped me get it unfolded and set up, I looked at it and realized it could neatly straddle the HEPA filter that I've been using as an end table.

So, all the stuff off the HEPA filter and Kitten helped me move it into an L shaped arrangement with my drawing table. Now I can have a reference on screen, work on the easel and have the web cam going all at the same time, with the art right side up on the screen. If I move the camera stand onto the laptop, I can make the drawing board fill most of the screen.

Whatever normally lives in the sketchbox (which will probably be 36 Unison half sticks and a small set of color Conte plus vine charcoal and some Colour Shapers), it's also a flat surface to spread out a small to medium set of anything while I'm working. The only drawback to the arrangement is that to get around it to the bathroom, I need to flip up the back flap of the sketchbox. But that's pretty minor even while I'm working, easy to slide the supplies forward a bit and do so.

I might switch to working vertical much more often. Open in the photo is my full range set of Erengi Art Aspirer oil pastels, but my Rembrandt or Art Spectrum boxes would fit just as well there. Score one for Organize Supplies.

I have also been putting away small things from the shelves into still life objects boxes and so on. One shelf of books is entirely clear now that I moved all the Colourfix primers onto a shelving unit next to the door. A little at a time and I may actually get those bookcases presentable!

I also asked her to pick up a couple of milk crates at Wal Mart for me, so that I can organize the stuff that's under the table in a way that it's not unstable stacks on top of piles of books. Much easier if the stacks are on something else and the books spine outward so I don't have to move everything to take a book out. It's evolving. The worst was over when I did the closet.

RainySea
08-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Robert, that is so cool! It looks like it swivels? That would be great. I mostly work on a tilt drawing table that I got from craigslist for $10 a few years ago. It has lots of dents and dings but I consider that character as it looks like an artist has used it for years :) Looks like your easel has a little bit of character already, too. . . and from a terrific artist. That makes it even better! Good artist vibes

Thank you, Doug. I have to admit that some of the days my drawings are just little items for the scavenger hunt done at lunch break at work. . . but its something to keep me with the program! I started art over two years ago but then I got stopped and didn't do it at all for almost a year! I'm determined not to let that happen again.

robertsloan2
08-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Oh yes, it's got character! It has little dings here and there that don't diminish its function at all, and it's got just a little magic dust inside where Deborah Secor's colors once lived, along with that little Unisons box that makes me smile. It's a special easel inherited from a brilliant artist.

I did some more cleaning up. Massive effort. Reordered the bookshelves that had all that stuff on them in front of the books. Reduced all that clutter to just two manikins and a couple of stones on the top shelf in front of the smaller books, while there's nothing in front of the big art books and sketch books on the second shelf.

I've been procrastinating on that cleanup for a long time. But I noticed how junky the bookshelves looked in the "this is my new video setups" photo, so now my video setups have a much better backdrop. Of course when I do videos, I'll close the bathroom door so the view of the bathroom shelves isn't another distraction. But the shelving now looks decent!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2010/70184-Cleaned-Up-Bookshelves-8-12-2010.jpg

Judibelle
08-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Nice job, Robert! It's looking very functional...
Went to the opening of the Art League Memebers Show yesterday, and was able to look at the paintings with a 'new eye', instead of the usual either-I-like-it-or-I-dont. This time I asked myself why I liked or didnt like a painting. Most of the ones I didnt like were either all the same soft value, or had no distinct focus point, or both....
Had several compliments on the 2 I entered, which was nice. All in all, it was a good show.
Now I'm getting inspired to get dusty again! Just did one Spotlight Challenge, which will be posted sometime today....
Nice to see dyou here, Rainy...and Doug: Hope you get back to painting SOON!
Judi

Ruthie57
08-15-2010, 09:26 AM
As always I've got well behind with this thread.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts about my Mum. She's home from respite care now and, while things are still difficult, she is a little better than she was and I don't get that overwhelming feeling that I can't leave her alone when I'm over there. Still going every day at the moment but, maybe, with the carers she has visiting, and friends calling more than they used to, I'll be able to let go a little........
If she could live with me I'd have her but it's not practical with the layout of my house and she can't get up the stairs.

So, I've done 3 for the spotlight, 2 figures for the Pastel Guild challenge, one for the A&W challenge and work on another painting so I'm still getting in art time which is my safety valve anyway.

We'll get through this!

Dougwas
08-15-2010, 06:15 PM
:lol: I had this all typed out and ready to send, then I knocked my laptop onto the floor and it was all gone. No problems with the computer. It has taken some hard knocks, but it is just like a Timex watch; It takes a lickin, but keeps on tickin.

I finished off a cp drawing the other day. It is the tangerines that Robert did earlier. It was a fun experience, using a b & w photo for a reference. I was surprised and pleased when it was finished and I looked at the coloured version of the photo. My drawing was much more colourful and more exciting than the photo. Maybe I am learning something.:D

It has been too hot to paint in the studio, but it is supposed to cool down in the next couple of days. There is a big forest fire about 40 km away (about 25 miles) and the smoke is really bad today. So with the heat and the smoke, we are going to take it easy. I included two photos taken from our back deck to show you how bad it is.

Robert- I hope your new easel will let you paint more pastels. Maybe the easy access will be the answer. I am sure some of Deborah's magic powder will help you too. It looks like you are all organized now, so let the dust fly!

Judi- That is a great question to ask yourself when looking at a painting. I will do that from now on. Glad to hear you enjoyed the show. It is nice to have people commenting on your paintings and inspire you to paint more. I wish there was a local show around here. Happy painting.

Ruthie- I hope everything works out for you and your Mum. I am sure she appreciates everything you do for her. Good to see you are keeping yourself busy with your art. We always have that, don't we?

Here are the photos.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2010/102199-DSCF2649.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2010/102199-DSCF2650.jpg

Doug

robertsloan2
08-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Doug, that's intense. Thanks for sharing those photos. The one with the barn is beautiful and would make a great pastel painting, but I can see how thick the haze is that's pushing the background back. That's some heavy smoke you've got. Sounds like your house isn't at risk though, at least I hope it isn't.

Judi, congratulations on doing a Spotlight painting! Cool that you developed a deeper critical faculty. It's always cool to be able to see what's going on in a painting that makes you like it or not. Hanging out here has pushed me to look at art more like that. It helps a lot in being able to improve my own art too, the things I notice in other people's paintings come up again while I'm sketching and help me compose better.

Ruthie, that's a lot of paintings - congratulations! I love your Spotlight ones. Your Mum's probably so glad to be home and glad to have her own place again. I would be. She probably really appreciates those visits and how much you do for her -- art is a great way to deal with the pressure.

Today I got done with my doctor's appointment, so when I've rested up from that I may be ready to tackle the goals I haven't ticked off. I've managed daily art so far and done all but two of them - Deb's 20 strokes challenge and cutting the mats/framing the two small pieces I still have to frame.

I thought of doing that today, but I'm glad I didn't because I'm exhausted from the doctor visit and threw my back staying on my feet too long. If I'd also gotten up for those frames and bent over cutting mats, my back would be in serious agony right now, not just giving warning spasms to quit bending or walking till it's subsided.

But I've still got almost half the month ahead of me, so I may get to all these goals. I hope I will. I want to see those small paintings on my walls and have that top shelf free to stack stuff. I've done a lot of organizing with arranging the easel, so I ticked off "organize supplies" as a goal attained. Even if that's all the organizing I do for the month, it was a lot.

But it probably won't be, just as I'll still keep on with daily art. When it's relatively orderly it's easier to do one small thing at a time to get it even more organized. It's when it's already hopeless that it's harder to motivate myself to start.

robertsloan2
08-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Savings goal blew up because Blick ran a huge 20% off coupon - biggest one I've gotten yet from them. So I picked up the 120 Unison Half Sticks on a paycheck loan and said good bye to the aluminum box set. Besides. I can slowly accumulate color sets that don't overlap and someday get full range Unisons if I really like them that much.

I guess that's actually a benefit of having savings - those paycheck loans are possible. It saved me $32 total off my planned purchases choosing the half sticks on that coupon, after throwing in an extra sketchbook and the pen cleaner I needed to push it over $200 for free shipping.

No more big ticket items till November. That goes on next month's goals - no big ticket spending. I'll focus on books or something till I'm past the site renewal. Maybe I can count the savings goal retroactively if I pay back the paycheck loan next month.

"More Colors" won out over "Easier Storage." I am such a color hog. Seriously. Someday I'll win the lottery and need to get an actual studio to contain all the pastels I want. It's twisted. And that's just leaning toward spectrum hues, if I actually use the neutrals and muteds too it gets worse.

Dougwas
08-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Robert-:lol: :lol: I knew it!:lol: :lol: You can't pass up a good deal and you are going to love your new Unisons. I think Blick and Dakota stay in business with people like you and me. But I used to spend way more money on my past hobby. I used to golf before I ruined my back. Hey, we're only here once, so we may as well enjoy it.:thumbsup:

I haven't done any pastels this month, but I am working on my third cp piece this month. I think I am getting the hang of it. I have to do some travelling in a week, so I have to rest up and take things easy, which isn't always easy for me.

I hope everyone is doing fine and the dust is flying.

Doug

robertsloan2
08-21-2010, 12:13 AM
LOL yep, you are so right, Doug. The most extreme is when I've already decided to get something, planned on it for months and then a time-dependent fantastic deal on it comes up. Most of those turn out to be good decisions, though. As long as I stick to "that was September's budget" then I haven't really violated my savings goals.

I've got so much right now with what's coming in that I may need a few months to really get used to the new supplies, get to know them, play with them a lot. You also have a good point about the cost of other hobbies. Golf is expensive! So are a lot of other things, but I feel as if art is a productive thing to do with my time and my spending money. It wouldn't take much at all to drop that kind of budget into music and wind up having a hard time keeping up with new music, if I was one of the new-music buffs that always gets what's cool on the radio like some friends when I was young.

Mary Y
08-22-2010, 12:09 AM
Hi everyone, After an early start to this month's goal post I fell in a heap.
Work has left me with little time or energy ,but that will change shortly as I have holidays in September and October.

Doug , I hope the smoke has settled-I love the picture of the barn from back deck ,have you painted that scene ?
Your C P limes are lovely and juicy looking . I have never really used my pencils . Safe traveling.

Robert, What a month ,Deborah's easel followed by Unisons --enjoy.Thanks for posting the pictures it is great to see what the easel looks like.

Ruthie, Good to see you have managed to paint while caring for your mother.I hope she continues to improve.

Hi Judi,Rainy,Elsie, and everyone , Good Luck with your goals in the remainder of this month.

Dougwas
08-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Mary- What have you been up to? Have you had time to do any painting? Knocking those goals off?

There is still smoke in the air. The fire I spoke of earlier is 95% contained, but there is another one 23 km away that is 0% contained. It is raining right now, but not hard enough. Oh well, what can you do? Just hope for the best. :crossfingers:

I have attempted the barn scene a few times, but with no success. I just can't seem to get it. We have tons of photos and I have made a promise to myself to keep trying it until I get one that I like. One day.

Glad you liked the cp limes. Keeping with the fruit theme, I just finished a pear cp painting. I love painting pears. I don't know why, but they are my favorite subject.

Hope you are letting the dust fly.

Doug

RainySea
08-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Thank you all for the welcome! I'm made a LITTLE progress on my goals for this month but not nearly as much as I'd hoped to do by now.

An update:

- draw/paint every day CHECK! YAY!
- complete/mail at least three of the pet portrait project cards TWO DONE & MAILED SO FAR!

I got stalled out on the background on my dog, but then a friend spotted it and loved it so I guess its working maybe better than I had thought. So maybe that one I will finish this weekend.

I have found that its so much easier for me to just do little sketches when you can only really work on stuff for snatches of minutes here and there. Only on weekends do I occasionally get an extended window of time to just work on something! And when I do, the dogs are always trying to help :)

RainySea
08-24-2010, 02:33 AM
Correction!!! Did the third card tonight. . . :)

Thank you all for the welcome! I'm made a LITTLE progress on my goals for this month but not nearly as much as I'd hoped to do by now.

An update:

- complete/mail at least three of the pet portrait project cards DONE! YAY!

I got stalled out on the background on my dog, but then a friend spotted it and loved it so I guess its working maybe better than I had thought. So maybe that one I will finish this weekend.

I have found that its so much easier for me to just do little sketches when you can only really work on stuff for snatches of minutes here and there. Only on weekends do I occasionally get an extended window of time to just work on something! And when I do, the dogs are always trying to help :)

Judibelle
08-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Hi Rainy....good to see you are accomplishing your goals!
Doug...it's wonderful to see your progress with the colored pencils...really nice work!
Robert...I am so in awe of your pieces...each one makes me smile, they are so lovely....

I'm embarrassed to admit I have done only 2 peices of artwork this month! Shame on me! Too many other things have gotten in the way.
Hafta try to do something to get inspired again.

There's a show coming up in Oct that I want to enter. Gotta get busy!
Meanwhile, thinking of goals to set for next month...still keeping it simple, I think.
Judi

Dougwas
08-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Rainy- I think we are our own worst critics of our art. Then somebody else looks at it and likes it. Then we say to ourselves, "Oh, I guess it's not THAT bad." I don't know how many times that has happened to me. Keep plugging away and enjoy the journey. You are doing fine with your goals. There is still a week left in August. Good luck.

Judi- Thanks for the kind words. I find cp's to be very good therapy. In the evenings I am in my recliner colouring away under my Ott light and my wife is doing her cross stitch under her Ott light, as we listen to TV.:lol: It can be very time consuming, but I enjoy it.

Don't worry about the amount of art you have done this month. Two is better than none. Some times life gets in the way and art has to take a back seat. You are doing fine, Judi.

Doug

RO'M
08-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Once again, i am trying to catch up with everyone's postings..please bear with me...back now from the beautiful forests and lakes of Quebec [no fires there, but things were very dry, which was good in a way-no mud!] Saw some nice wildlife-moose, various birds and an amazing encounter with a lynx. canoed and portaged. swam and hung around the camp. did precious little art- a few sketches.

Rainy, you have a lot of goals but i am very impressed particularly with the daily art goal- first that you made it a goal, and secondly that you have done it. for me, it seems so completely unattainable that i don't even consider it- but then on the other hand, it it were a goal, maybe i would do it.
Robert, your new easel is very nice. I'm still at the dining room table-i'm so used to it now, i can't imagine painting vertically at all.
Ruthie, i did see your pears- very nice! i also checked out your website- being a flower lover myself i really enjoyed your flower pictures. I have quite a lot of flowers in my various gardens-this year i started selling some at a local farmer's market- i have a lot to learn, but hope to do more in future.
Which leads me to a question- i'm still trying to figure out how to best navigate this site. What is the best way to follow what someone is doing artwise? I mean let's say i want to be able to see fellow goalies' works- how do i know where they have posted, without looking at every thread [ i've noticed for instance that you, Robert, seem to be everywhere!] i suppose this is rudimentary, but i am a bit of a luddite.

Finally, to get back to goals- i did do two garden pen and inks- my goal with them will be to photograph them and post them this week.
And my next goal will be to do a pastel sketch of some nasturtiums. I stopped in at school today, planning to go to work tomorrow, and discovered my office has been torn apart for painting and a new floor- so gee, i guess i'll have to stay home- too bad!:wink2::D
cheers

robertsloan2
08-25-2010, 06:23 AM
Rachel, that's tricky. I do hang out in a variety of different forums and don't know how to get WC to find all the posts by a multi-media artist. For myself though, whatever I do for the day, I usually post it into the All-Media Sketching Thread Part 8 even if it's not a sketch but a serious finished painting. Whatever I did it in or on or with, it'll wind up there. Then in the medium thread, often also in the Daily Painting thread up in the all media events forum. Lately much of what I do winds up down in the Art Journals threads too where I've got several running - but anything on a loose piece of paper the one place I know it'll wind up is that All-Media Sketching Thread Part 8.

I dealt with the problem of where to post by posting my pieces in all or most of the forums that they're relevant. I found out that I was reaching different people in the Soft Pastels thread and the All-Media group, but that no one minds the overlap too much if they're also in both. Occasionally I get a comment like "Saw this on X other thread and commented" if they left a particularly detailed comment and don't feel like repeating it.

I love my new easel. It's also become a drop spot for all the little important things that need to be at my elbow even when I'm not drawing vertically - which I'd like to more often. It'll be good for my technique to rely more on arm motion in painting sometimes.

Enjoy your nasturtiums and unscheduled time off! Sounds so cool.

Judi, thank you! Don't worry about how much or little art you've done - you have a life, I'm retired-by-disability so I've got my art. The main thing is to keep going with the time you have.

Doug, you are so right about CP. I can manage CP on sick days when I couldn't do much else as long as the project's started and all I'm doing is glazing over a good tonal drawing that's already there. Makes so much sense - TV just is not immersive enough by itself not to want to do CP or cross stitch or something that's slow and relaxing.

I have to think of next month's goals too. Paying the price of my new Unisons... I just found out that my site renewal date is September 23d. So instead of being all self disciplined in September to prepare for it and not worry about it, I'm looking at no savings next month and no restoring savings either. So I know the top of my list instead is going to be Renew OP Site, maybe I should add "and write something new for it" even though it's rolling on just fine when I don't. I've got new things to review, just haven't gotten around to doing them. Got my setup sorted out for making videos, just haven't done them yet. Those look like good goals.

*Sigh* ... along with savings, Daily Art is blown. Two more days without it and I'm still wiped out. Managed to get thrown off schedule and having a bit of chronic fatigue cut in to the point that just spending some hours of family time on the 24th and 23d was enough that I didn't have the energy to draw. This bites, but it happens. It's not a dumb thing in terms of priorities, I love spending time with my loved ones, it just gets so frustrating if I don't have the energy to also draw after they're off doing something else. Four hours of Solitaire is not as good a reason not to be drawing other than that Solitaire was about what I could manage in the fog.

Oh well. Charlie's right, I should just not count those days and let it go. The weather is changing and shifting into fall even during August, every time the pressure changes hit, then I'm going to lose days. Nothing I can do about that but try to rest up and use the time I do get well.

RainySea
08-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Thank you, Rachel! Daily art is actually the easiest thing for me since I can fit it in the spare minutes I have either at home or even at work (take my sketchbook and do at lunch). I think I am VERY motivated to do that ever since I got back into art in May because I started about two and half years ago but then got out of it when I had some things going on that made it hard and ended up not doing anything for a whole year!!! What a waste. . . when I got back to it, I almost felt as if I was starting over (since I'd been new learner with no background to start with). So I'm very determined not to let days pass since I know very well how quickly a pattern can develop for me.

Yesterday I had a meeting with my daughter about the book, examining ideas and sketches and that went well and her timeline has lengthened a bit so that give me more time too.

Dougwas
08-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Rachel- It sounds like you had a great time in "La belle province." It is neat seeing wildlife. A lot of people never get to see wild animals in person and that is a shame. Living "up north," we get our fair share of dear and moose (and sometimes bear:eek: ). We have a dear trail through our back yard every winter. It took a while for this city slicker to get used to it, but I look forward to it every year.

I will have to check out your pen and ink drawings. I hope you get more time to spend on your art. About navigating this site, good luck. I try to check out the Watercolor, Colored Pencil, Drawing and Sketching and of course the Pastel channels to see if there is a posting by some one I know. I think I spend too much time looking and not producing. Anyway, good luck with your goals.

Robert- I agree with you, Robert. As long as you have a cp piece started, you can spend hours in your comfy chair and layer away. I always do the pencil drawing and transfer on a good day, so I am ready to go on the bad days. I don't know why it has been so long since I used my cp's. Oh well, the main thing is, I am using them now.

I hope you are feeling better and you are able to do some art. Don't worry about your goals on the bad days. You are being creative on your good days (or should I say your "not so bad" days) and I am sure you are always thinking about art. Take it easy.

Rainy- That is a good example why we say that your goals should be flexible. It must be a nice experience to be able to work with your daughter on such a project. Good luck.

Doug

Dougwas
08-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Okay, now I can tell all of you my little secret. My wonderful wife just accepted an job in beautiful Salmon Arm, BC. It is a move up for her. Her title is Accounting Director and she will be supervising a staff of five. She has worked hard for this and sometimes you have to move away from the company you are working for to move your career along.

The town has a population of 19,000 and has a very active art scene. There is even a public art gallery that has a different show every month. The town is on picturesque Shuswap Lake and is surrounded by mountains. Trees, mountains, rivers, lakes and winters that are about two months shorter than here. What's not to like?

There is always a down side. We have to sell our house. I am going to stay in Houston and she will get an apartment in Salmon Arm. I will be going back and forth. We know it is not for ever and with any luck, our house will sell quickly.

Anyway, I thought I would tell all of you my good news. This was the "life gets in the way of art" I was talking about.

Doug

Judibelle
08-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Wow, Doug....that's some news! Congratulations to your wife! I hope you can get your house sold quickly so you can join her more permanently....
The town sounds like a great place to settle....hope you do take advantage of all the art stuff offered....
Very happy for you and your wife....
Judi

RainySea
08-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Oh, Doug. . . awesome! Sending you guys congrats. Moving to a small town seems so cool, I would love to have a chance to do that. Have to wait til I retire though I think. Hope the moving and selling goes smoothly.

Dougwas
08-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Judi- It is a very exciting time for us. We couldn't believe a job like this came open in a town we have always wanted to move to. It also takes us closer to our families in the Vancouver area. They even have four seasons. I will be joining their art assosiation when I get there. There are even pastel artists there.:) Who knows, maybe I will take some lessons.

Rainy- We are actually moving to a larger town. Houston has a population of about 3,000, so moving to a town of 19,000 is like moving to LA for us.:lol: It is just the right size and we are looking forward to it.

Doug

RO'M
08-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Congratulations, Doug, on your move! Hope your house sells soon, so you won't be divided long. Tres bien!

robertsloan2
08-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Doug, congratulations to your wife! I hope your house sells soon, that sounds like an awkward situation and if it is short has so many benefits. Sounds like you're looking forward to the move as much as she is. That's very exciting.

Glad you're making time for colored pencils again. I have been too, but drifting into sketchier styles with fewer layers to my surprise. Maybe it's all the sketches I've been doing, but I'm getting better at bold sketching in colored pencil - used to be either it was full intensity but I noodled over it for days, or it was a sketch but so light it looked overexposed when scanned.

Without setting out to do so, I've loosened up. I know I can do that kind of polished detail and have a long-term goal, something I don't want to schedule, of doing full-on realism in pastel because I know it's possible. I think I'll have to get closer before I put it on my monthly goals, but I might manage it sometime this year or next.

I want to get back to pastel sketching again too, so that may go on next month's goals.

RainySea
08-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Sorry, Doug, that I got it backwards! I adore small towns!!!

An update. . . made some progress this weekend:

- complete illustrations/website art for my daughter's book She got an extension on time, so this will be a goal for a couple months from now!
- complete/mail at least three of the pet portrait project cards FOUR DONE & MAILED SO FAR!
- finish portrait of one of my dogs that I started earlier this month CHECK! YAY!

RainySea
08-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Hello. . . how is everyone doing with their goals on this last day of the month!? I've been taking this goals very seriously and am working on making mine for next month today. Its a great motivator to get things done especially for someone like me who tends to let other things sneak in and steal my time if I don't have a plan!

So here is my final for this month! I am happy with it even if I didn't do EVERYTHING.

- enter at least one contest CHECK! YAY!
- complete illustrations/website art for my daughter's book Extended timeline
- complete/mail at least three of the pet portrait project cards FOUR DONE & MAILED!
- finish portrait of one of my dogs that I started earlier this month CHECK! YAY!

I did not finish my daughter's portrait yet and am planning to give her something else for her birthday this week and the painting will be just a 'because' gift when done.

Take care all.

RO'M
08-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Rainy, you are fantastic already with your goals! My tally-

pen and ink of garden subjects-did 2 [and posted them:cat:]

one pastel sketch per week-did one of nasturtiums-ugh-threw it away- a
" Learning Experience":rolleyes:

get something ready for september group show "expressions"- did two, pen and ink/watercolor...

so i am happy except for the pastel sketching-well, now i will start thinking of next month- looking forward to see what everyone is up to-
cheers-

Dougwas
08-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Rachel- You had a good month. I hope the goal setting helped you. Thanks for the positive thoughts. The house will sell, the house will sell.....:)

Robert- I hope the house sells quickly too. We are ready for anything. I will get a lot of painting done if I am all by myself. I want to move so badly, I can't wait.

Your bird cp drawings looked great. I am trying new things with cp's to see which style feels best for me. Something new and fun.

Rainy- It is good to hear that goal setting is helping to motivate you. You had a great month and I know you will do the same in September. Way to go.:thumbsup:

I love living in small towns. Salmon Arm is a bigger small town. I am looking forward to the move.

Doug

Mary Y
08-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi Everyone,
Doug, Congratulations to your wife on her new job .I hope the move goes smoothly.While you are waiting for the house to sell don't forget to paint the view of the barn. How wonderful to be moving to a place with an active art scene and two months less winter--bliss.
Rachel, Your hollyhocks and lettuce are excellent,I particularly liked the lettuce.
Good luck with your September show.
Rainy, You are inspirational in your goal achievements, well done.
Robert, I enjoy looking at your various sketches in the different forums.

My goals, I did manage one WDE.
I have kept up my sketchbook-sometimes just a few lines i would like to remember from a book rather than a sketch.
I started but didn't finish the values exercise from Deborah's book.
I have holidays from the middle of September and will be going to a wedding and then on to see family in UK so I suspect I may not paint much in the next two months.

Good luck with your goals everyone.