PDA

View Full Version : "From Above"

aolaranora
07-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Latest pastel painting I just finished this night (sometime about 2 AM, I think).

This one is one more work in my favorite 12x12" format.
Ampersand Pastelboard, charcoal, gouache, alcohol wash, mixed pastels and pastel pencils (mostly Holbein and Schmincke).
I had not very easy time working on this painting, death in the family kept me away from it for a while. But deadlines are here and I had to finish it, therefore I did.
This work will be a part om my Solo-exhibition at 2-nd Floor gallery, PA, during upcoming month.

Critiques and comments are welcome.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jul-2010/177144-IMG_5517.jpg

Paula Ford
07-23-2010, 12:14 PM
What a beautiful piece Tatiana!! I love the light in it. The water is so excellent, the format is my favorite too. Wonderful!

granddad
07-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Nice painting, really love the light beams. james

allydoodle
07-23-2010, 01:07 PM
What a nice subject to paint. Beautifully done! I've always admired light beams streaming through the trees but have never painted it.

sketchZ1ol
07-23-2010, 01:52 PM
hello
definitely has the lush feeling of a high summer morning
like the way that the lower right corner keeps my eye in the frame
subtleties of the greens in the deep dark value are just right to bring my eye up to the tree silhouettes
:} Ed

Nansketch
07-23-2010, 08:13 PM
I like everything about this -- the light, water, rocks, foilage -- I need to study it awhile.

aolaranora
07-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Thank You, everybody!

It was my first try on light beams too... challanging, but I hope to do it better next time.

edencompton
07-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Excellent Tatiana -- it has a lot of depth. Great comp as well!

aolaranora
07-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Thank You, Eden!

patsbeads
07-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Really love this one. Great job

PETE K
07-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Hi Tatiana, it's been a long time. Congratulations on your show. you sure have come a long way since you first came here. what a beautiful piece you created. i just love it. best wishes to you!

cornwall
07-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Beautiful painting, great use of greens.

aolaranora
07-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Thank You, Pat!
Thank You, Mark!
Thank You, Pete!

Show will go up at the end of this week.... yes, during this time we know each other I had opportunity to learn a lot here, on WC and learned it from the best.

I still see way too many imperfections in my works, but I guess it is a good sign and only mean I have a room for improvement and know what to improve (doesn't mean I always know HOW exactly to improve it).

This show will be my biggest goal for this year... and after that... well after that will be another year and I hope - another goals too!

Tracy Lang
07-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Love the light in this, Tatiana.
Best of luck with your show!

Tracy

Turpintine45
07-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Beautiful painting. The light draws your eye to the water and all is well done. Jen

aolaranora
07-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Thank You, Tracy!
Thank You, Jen!

Show is very exiting thing, but wait... it is getting just better!

This Saturday i have to drop off paintings for that very show. Starting from this Sunday we have a week long workshop in our Pastel Society what I'll be attending... That mean I'll have to drive to workshop and back home every day. Round trip is about 3 hours long.

The last day of workshop is also the night of art reception at one of the galleries, representing my works... Have to be there (after week of driving and painting! Don't want to even think about interesting condition I will be in...)

Fortunately reception for my solo show will be at another weekend, so I may have a chance to regain some sanity... I hope.

But month of August will be... interesting and I will need all the help i can get. Plus few deadlines, of course and my own BD as cherry of the top.

Oh, well, we will see what i can do about all of it.

Ruthie57
07-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Lovely painting! Good luck with the show.

aolaranora
07-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Thank You, Ruthie!