GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Untitled
Year Created:
Medium: Colored Pencil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Any and all comments are welcome. I am not sure that this piece is complete, I feel that it needs something more.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I welcome any and all feedback.

Corby
07-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Can you tell me something about what I am seeing. The shape says dog but the markings say zebra....

Brattgirl
07-18-2010, 11:30 PM
I put zebra stripes on my dog. I like zebra's, and I thought it would be cool to turn my dog into one.

Corby
07-19-2010, 12:12 AM
I hadn't thought....I have seen cats painted, but not a dog. I'll bet you do get comments! Well it makes a very nice painting. The dog is well formed and the painting well developed with the exception of a strong sense of light flow which would give it depth and dimension. Now all you need do is set up a salon for painted dogs in three dimensional reality!

La_
07-20-2010, 01:31 PM
ha! how stellar is that ... ! you painted the actual dog? or just on canvas?

anyway, dog looks great, could be a new variety of hyena that would surely confuse a zebra!
ground/background needs another layer to bring it up to the same level ... i'd be careful not to make the furthest background greens any darker tho, they're trying to pull forward

la

Brattgirl
07-20-2010, 04:18 PM
LOL, just on the artwork. As much as I think it would be awesome to actually paint the stripes on the dog herself...my husband might not like that too much!

Thank you for the tip on the background. I'll try to layer in more grass in the foreground and maybe I'll dull down the darker background geens to push them back again. :)

Corby, I had asked Dana to move this so the Structured forum, and I guess my reply to you was in there. She said since it already had replies, she left it here and copied it to the structured forum. This could get confusing. lol.