PDA

View Full Version : WIA Sunday 18th July

LadyArowana
07-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Hi everyone, :wave:

Barrie, :clap: how lovely that you get to be a grandma again. Will they find out before what it is or are they going to wait for a surprise?

I just got back from the house in Bath, all looked well but I polished the brass on the front door and swept up outside and in the garden and picked up the post. Headed back on an early train thismorning ( 8.30 am ) as there wasn't much point staying longer. It was grey and slightly rainy so not a fun day to go out and play. London is a little brighter, not BBQ weather though.
Have a good one all, Fiona

TheBlueBetween
07-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Hello :)

Fiona, are you almost done with the England bit? Are you heading back home soon?

I have sort of good news. I dumped about 1/4 of the pool and added back and in and then threw in 6 bags of shock (we usually put in two the first time and one a week after that) - so 6 - which is huge -and now it finally registers chlorine! It's the darkest eggplant purple on the test strip! LOL Now to wait for the levels to come down, it will take a day or two, assuming we get some sunshine.

And the ladybugs have been released and are eating the aphids.

AND I made faux peanut butter cookies and they are actually GOOD! I used sunbutter (sunflower seeds) and now have cured a 7 year craving.

Whatcha all up to, I know there are not many of us around right now...

TheBlueBetween
07-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Dawn, did you see itunes has a new software update? Frank put it on yesterday and said his battery is better now.

Andee
07-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Tired :wave: to you all. It's 7 pm and I'm heading to bed. Dreading another work-week ahead. 30 more workdays...

ValleyCreekStudio
07-18-2010, 11:05 PM
Fiona, it is bright and sunny here in my part of the world. Around 100F today so not good bbq weather either.

Andee, at least there is an end in sight for you even though it is 30 days away.

Pam, I'm always delighted to see lady bugs in the garden. Hope yours work their way through the aphid problem. You may get that pool going yet.

Barrie, hooray for another grandbaby.

Another lazy Sunday here. If I can just remember to go to the main WC Home Page and sign in then I might be able to post. Seems to kick me off if I sign in from anywhere else.

Barrie
07-19-2010, 04:03 AM
Happy Sunday all!! I'm so late posting today!! Sorry!!
Fiona, I'm not sure if they'll want to know or not - I think they're still in shock! :)

Pam, good news all around for you!! Yay for the pool - I heard it was supposed to get a bit warmer this week (but I have to go out a few days, so I'm hoping not too hot!!). The ladybugs looked like they were getting down to business!! Interesting take on peanut butter cookies! lol

Gwen, I have no idea how you manage to survive in that heat! I'd get NOTHING done!!!

Andee, 30 more days! Yay!!! I'm so happy for you btw!! :)

:wave: to all today!! I spent most of the afternoon and evening playing seamstress!! I should have had my wits about me a bit better when planning this - it's been over 20 years since I did any serious sewing and I start back at it with a fully lined dress in satin?!? It will not be perfect, but I figure 7 year olds won't care! lol I'll be sure to get pics!! Oh, all I have left on Freya's dress is to attach the skirt/lining to the bodice - that bodice was tricky!!! But I figured it out - the other two dresses will go much faster!! Anyway, I need to go to bed now - I'm exhausted! lol But seriously thinking of hitting the fabric store this week for me - I still have that great jacket pattern and there's a top I want to try (making my own pattern!). We shall see if my enthusiasm wains after a few more lined satin dresses! :) Hope you're all sleeping soundly by now!! Good night!! :grouphug: