PDA

View Full Version : moon walk

La_
07-15-2010, 12:40 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-15-2010/84648_moon_walk.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-15-2010/84648_moon_walk_d.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: moon walk
Year Created:
Medium: Mixed-Media
Surface: Board
Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
a coverup of a cute li'l faery done in acrylics back in '95 ... most of the sky is still acrylic 'cept for some inserts of blue ... the top curl on the current head was the faery's head o' hair ... the woman and the planets are now oils<br><br>sort of part of a series ... 'walking the sky' and 'walking the water' have been posted previously<br><br>

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
moon walk OR pull of the moon?<br><br>

cathaden
07-16-2010, 10:17 AM
pull of the moon..fur sure ;)!

mkillough
07-16-2010, 10:21 AM
"Pull of the Moon" makes more sence. But, I like how she is holding up her finger as if she is saying .... shhhh, don't tell. I like "Mystery".
Really original concept! Beautiful! :clap:

Maryq

flowergram
07-16-2010, 11:02 AM
I vote for Pull of the Moon also. It's adorable!

Harry Seymour
07-16-2010, 11:15 AM
You make me laugh and not in a funny way--a joyful way. Of the two I guess "pull the moon."

La_
07-17-2010, 12:03 AM
pull of the moon it is!
'course other suggestions are certainly welcomed, harry? :cat:

thanks guys 'n gals, you're so very kind :heart:

it's on the edge for me, between lame art and really good art :lol: and i'm not afraid to say that out loud!

lacking sophistication i think,
that comes easily with so very few!
darned good thing it's so fun to keep trying :)

la

deb789
07-17-2010, 01:37 AM
The figure is both womanly and childishly charming at the same time. A girl with a secret? You must have fantastical stories stashed away somewhere to come up with imaginative paintings. It is otherworldly in the sense that she is grounded by floating clouds, leaning on a satellite/ heavenly body...afloat in the universe yet still at the same time.

I like it very, very much :thumbsup:

La_
07-18-2010, 08:31 PM
I like it very, very much :thumbsup:
well thank you very, very much :thumbsup:

The figure is both womanly and childishly charming at the same time.
much agreed, and much like me i suppose :lol:

A girl with a secret?
well yeah, she's moving planets! :eek: :lol:

You must have fantastical stories stashed away somewhere to come up with imaginative paintings.
invaders of brain matter :rolleyes:

It is otherworldly in the sense that she is grounded by floating clouds, leaning on a satellite/ heavenly body...afloat in the universe yet still at the same time.
well that's kind o' cool :cool:

Thanks deb, appreciate your eyes and thoughts :)

la

tgsloth
07-19-2010, 03:50 AM
I think the composition, overall technique, hues and values are all great, even in contrast which much of your other work. I particularly salute the treatment of the hair.

On the matter of narrative, I'd prefer a de-cuted expression. I think that could yield a stronger and more compelling work.

ThreeWolves
07-19-2010, 11:58 PM
I love the way this piece works as a whole. It is very unified as a whole. Very cute expression on the faries face, I like.

La_
07-20-2010, 12:39 AM
thanks guys = )

cute she is ... too cute, i'll rough her up a bit for tg ; )

and me

la