PDA

View Full Version : Met Maverick!

Elinor
09-29-2002, 11:42 AM
This weekend was my art show with my art group. I knew Maverick lived in the next town so invited him to come and see it. He came over and we met and he also met some of the of the group..

Maverick is a really nice guy and we had a nice visit. Seemed a little weird meeting someone from the net. Now I can put a face to his name.

It was so good to meet you Maverick and hope you will join our art club. We would love to have you!! :)

chookbrown
09-29-2002, 05:49 PM
Did you get any pics of you both or of your show Elinor??? Would love to see some....

Colleen:D

TeAnne
09-29-2002, 06:30 PM
yeah! *shanting* We want pickies :D

Elinor
09-29-2002, 07:40 PM
Gosh no we didnt take any pics :(. I didnt even know for sure if Maverick would show up.
I had sent him a pm to tell him about it and he did e-mail me to let me know he would come but I never got that pm from him till after I met him.

maverick
09-30-2002, 02:53 PM
Hey! It was nice to meet you too Elinor!

I agree that it was kind of weird to meet someone in person that I know online. I've only done that once before. I went to the art show Friday afternoon. I was impressed with the quality of work from their group. I was buying a raffle ticket for a painting and was discussing which one out of the two available I would pick if I won, and believe it or not it was Elinor standing beside me giving her opinion. I didn't know it was her of course, because I remember her saying in a posting here that she had a granddaughter and I wasn't expecting someone so young! I kept looking at the name tags of the other ladies to no avail. I had to ask someone who Elinor was, and when it seemed that we were already aquainted, I noticed a few strange looks from the others!

BTW, the show was great, and very inspiring, and I wish I had a few bucks to spend :D Elinor should post some of the paintings she had at the show. Her work is really good. Her style is very soft and subtle.

Sorry, no pics. I didn't bring my camera. I had it packed and ready to go for the weekend. I'll post separately about that...

Elinor
09-30-2002, 08:18 PM
Oh my gosh Maverick thats right. I didnt realize untill reading your post that it was you I was giving my opinion to about the two paintings.
I am sure not very observant and thats not too good for an artist eh?

Thanks for the kind words about my paintings.

Thanks also for the compliment:o

Hope you will consider joining us to. :)