PDA

View Full Version : Great storage product

Potoma
07-13-2010, 09:07 PM
What a great idea!

Store your pastels in these cocoons and have them protected:

http://www.myartcocoon.com/

It's a sandwich system geared toward wet oils, but it'd work great for pastels, too, I think. I wouldn't consider it a long term solution, but it is a nifty idea.

robertsloan2
07-13-2010, 10:10 PM
That's pretty cool. One thing I think it'd work fantastic for would be paintings on Ampersand boards. They'd fit perfectly. Other sorts of boards too. Then there's always using canvas boards and priming them with Colourfix or other sanded primers, something I've done before that gives a subtle hint of canvas texture but not too much.

artist_pw
07-14-2010, 01:46 AM
Hi - these do look handy in a pinch, but they don't look like a long term storage solution because they probably aren't acid free if made from cardboard. Just a thought.

Potoma
07-14-2010, 10:09 AM
I agree that they wouldn't be good for long term storage, but they'd be great for transport, for example, as in working plein air. One artist uses it for the sales of his oil paintings, which sometimes occurs on the spot en plein air.

adventureartist
07-15-2010, 12:49 AM
I have em, love the product, works great for all mediums. No not archival but it's not meant to be, it's only for transportation not permanent storage.
Very handy, very easy to use and costs less than painting boxes. No smudging!! :clap: