PDA

View Full Version : WIA Monday, July 12/10

Barrie
07-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Good morning! It's a little cooler today than last week (thank goodness!). I wish I could pack up some of the coolness and send it to Andee!! Freya spent the night last night - good grief, that girl never shuts up! LOL She's a complete chatter box these days! Which is fun most of the time, but it started right up again this morning! Too early for cuteness, I'm just saying! :) Anyhoo, hope you all have a great day - I'm off to entertain the 7yr old! Cheers! :grouphug:

TheBlueBetween
07-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Oh Barrie, I know how that is, mine never stops talking unless the TV is on too.

the rain is kind of refreshing, I don't mind it as long as it doesn't stay long.

house cleaning today, way over due what with last weeks heat and the busy that has been going on.

:wave: for now

Dawnt0721
07-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Hey everyone!

Woohoo it's my weekend!

Barrie - my 7 year old is the same way. Always the last one at the dinner table because he talks through the whole meal and doesn't eat. Glad you have some coolness ;).

Pam - I got lucky this week - hubby cleaned over the weekend and did all the laundry (don't know what got into him!) so I can actually hang out in my studio and try to get inspired.

:wave: everyone!

Well I'm off to figure out lunch and then maybe sort through beads. I want something new to wear this week.

Hugs.

LadyArowana
07-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi Barrie, Pam and Dawn, I'm just dashing through. Had to do some cleaning and tidying up today. The bedside drawers and bed are supposed to be here tomorrow, then the guy to fit the pelmet Wednesday. I hope everyone turns up, I'm looking forward to not having the new mattress in the living room and using a box by the side of the inflatable bed as "furniture". Have a good one all. Fiona

claire.c
07-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Hi all,
I am totally shattered, went straight for treatment after work (about an hour and a quarter drive away). He did a lot of realignment, my back is now right, my knee still a bit uncertain although much improved. I'll wait until after the holiday to see how it is. Now home, dog walked, supper eaten and I need to do some more on the spare bedroom before I can reasonably crawl into bed.

Fiona, I love that light oak, very brave of you to do the proper auction thing. Fingers crossed everyone keeps to schedule, keep your stick sharpened.

Pam, what are you testing the water with, is there any chance that your test apparatus may be faulty? Yes, we are going to France, camping our way down through Normandy and Sarthe then into Indre for a week before the family party.

Barrie, non-stop chatter can be exhausting, good thing it is just overnight. I'll try to get pics of Leon, they usually come out as black blobs as the contrast is really tricky.

Dawn, if you find out what made your dh so useful could you send me some?! Have a fun day.

TheBlueBetween
07-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Dawn, you are SO lucky! I just wish mine would mow the lawn already! LOL No seriously, I've been working at the house all day and it's not done.

Claire, I did have to buy a new testing kit, but the new testing kit, while showing different results from my old one, shows still off, and they do match the pool people's results, so I know I'm off. I think we must have put too much of one kind in earlier and now because of that everything is off. It's showing NO chlorine even though I've dumped a ton in. and the alkalinity is still very high. I hope you feel tons better in the morning when you wake up. Too bad you couldn't just crawl in bed as soon as you got home.

Hi Fiona, it sounds like it's all about to come together!

Andee, if you are reading, big hug to you.

Barrie
07-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Claire, sounds like a lovely trip!! Hope Leon's new 'do' goes well! You had me a little worried with the word 'shattered' - thought you meant something horrible had happened!! Now I'm thinking you mean you're exhausted and/or beat! :) Glad to hear the knee is improved - keep up the good work! :)

Fiona, I do agree with Claire about you being brave with the real auction. Did I ever tell you guys about our 'real auction' experience? Years ago, dh & I lived on a small hobby farm (this is pre-kids!), and we went to a livestock auction to get some chickens. The auctioneer did his thing, dh waved his hand a few times, and ta-da! 75 cents!! Woohoo!! So the auctioneer asked dh how many he wanted, 1? 2? 3? 4? and dh happily exclaimed 4!!! When we went to pay the cashier asked for almost $40!! What?!?!?! Well, turns out the auctioneer wanted to know if we wanted 1 cage of 12 chickens or 2 cages of 12 chickens, etc!! Yup, we had 48 chickens!! All laying two eggs per day!! And there were only 4 of us, me, dh, my mom and my step dad!! More eggs than we knew what to do with, that's for sure. And I don't even like eggs all that much!! Oh, and I still tease dh about that even after 20 some odd years! :) Glad your auction experience turned out much better than mine! :) Hope the deliveries go off without a hitch tomorrow!!

Pam, my house is in the same boat - needs cleaning after all that heat! And laundry, we usually stay right on it, but with the heat, we were NOT using the dryer. Unfortunately our backyard is too full of spiders and bugs to hang laundry (gives me the heebeejeebees just thinking about it!). Gotta admit, I'm glad my kids are grown and moved out as the 24 hour a day barrage of babbling made me a little nuts! ROFL! I had SO much more patience when the kids were little! (and I still refer to those years as my crazy years! lol)

Dawn, Yay for a weekend - even if it doesn't fall on a weekend. I guess that chattering is a 7 year old thing! Wish we could all get together, and let the 7 year olds entertain each other while we play! That would be cool! :) Hope you managed to have some fun in the studio!

:wave: to all!! I got all the pattern bits cut out for the flower girl dresses, next comes the sewing part. But that has to wait until Thursday - I need to use my student table and have a class Wed night. So I'll work on more jewelry in the meantime! :) I'm wearing my new ring (opal and amethyst) and I LOVE it!! I haven't taken it off since I finished it yesterday - even did dishes and showered with it on - I figure I screwed up the opal anyway, not gonna baby it now! lol Tonight I have to finish a pair of emerald earrings, set a diamond, and work on the wedding jewelry. It's kind of nice to be back at the grindstone - hope I can keep the momentum up! On a totally different note, my phone is acting up on me, I answer and can't hear anyone on the other end. Which is making me nuts. I'm thinking an iPhone is in my near future! bwaahaahaahaa!! lol (okay, not too near future, but it's coming!!) Have a good night all!! Cheers!