Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24x50
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Oil on canvas

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Your advice is greatly appreciated!! Comment on anything, but please, PLEASE be brutally honest... I can take it. :)

La_
07-12-2010, 01:18 PM
well isn't this interesting ... i see birth and death, growth and stagnation, evil and good ... 24 x 50 inches or cm?

i wouldn't mind a little more darks in the 'pinkish' parts right under the green/yellow structure as it's competing a little with the green, which i think is suppose to be the coi?

welcome aboard!

la

DanaLJensen
07-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Overall I really like it and find it very organic and fleshy.

Is it a macro....or is it completely abstract? Think it might be fighting between the two?? There seems to be enough detail that makes me want to try and identify what it exactly is.

I think it is very well painted and the values, tones and colours are great. Nice work....welcome! :)

bocote
07-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Composition great and keeps viewer on the canvas. Feels well planned. Abstraction is tough and you've got a nice painting.

IMO: There is a central green growth that is the subject and it looks like a cross between a cross section and not. A cross section would yield sharp edges and a non cross section would yield more rounded forms with shadow and highlights. Its not feeling like either one. I think I'd like to see some more details in this work as well; abstraction without careful refinement doesn't do a lot for me.

Corby
07-12-2010, 11:39 PM
A very appealing work of art!!! Very organic, I am reminded of a Spanish Onion or a red Bell Pepper or some such thing as the heart begins to put on new growth through the old bulb or fruit...it is so strongly reminiscent of specific organic growth that it almost negates the term 'abstract'...whatever the case it is well done in all respects from my viewpoint!

kathrynlovespets
07-14-2010, 04:34 AM
I like it..it looks like vegetables mmm!