GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: the mild one
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Other
Dimension: 30 something by 40 something
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
they dont have a spray paint ,perfed steel,water color and sharpie catagorie,oh and tons of masking tape

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
what do i do to stop this crap and start painting again its become a bad habit and its so much fun ,but i have to move on..so what do you do when youre against the wall and want to move on? short of suicide,i tryed that but the electric razor didnt work....you know when you want to go forward but get in rut...

jerryW
09-29-2002, 08:46 AM
I think you are an excellent clothing designer, and may do well at advertizing too.
but dont stop the stoopidhead stuff because it is a nighsh niche to expose.

artbabe21
09-29-2002, 01:46 PM
LOL, Jerry on the clothing designer...

Dots, you are a knowledgeable & talented artist, just go with the rut til it runs it's course........or snap yourself out of it by tying yourself to a canvas with actual paint, no tape, spray paint!

No more Mr Spupidhead, cuz you aren't :)

giniaad
09-30-2002, 12:05 PM
so glad this is fun for you to do
because it is fun for us to see...
lots of humor
great designs

as for the rut...
it is a nasty place to be
and I feel it too sometimes
get out the paints
put on some really groovy music
that you can NOT sit still too
and tempt the fates
that is my plan anyway...soon
good luck!

dots
09-30-2002, 10:33 PM
thank you for the replys very helpfull,,,,do you ever feel like i do this /so maybe i should do that?it must be really wierd to be one of the chosen few that make a living out of something you love to do so much you dont care if the buyers decide youre an investment, Sure would be crazy thing to have to do the same song every night ,a medely of your hit etc..............yeah sure>i got it the new medium peanut butter on astro turf..........what kind of brushes would work?

jnet11
10-01-2002, 11:30 AM
It's nice to hear this from the other end, I've been beating myself up for not having a single style.

My husband said something that really hit home, though, he said that your painting style is your voice, and that a strong enough voice is able to sing all the octaves, without losing it's signature. Similarly, a strong structure to your style enables you to reach all the edges you like. Think Pink Floyd. abstract (ummagumma), realism (wish you were here) , surrealism (the wall) , romantic (division bell). anyhow that worked for me :p

Perhaps you are underestimating or unnecessarily limiting spray paint and masking tape. Take it where you want to go. After all, you didn't do all that work for no reason, the style must appeal to you innately, or it wouldn't have been successful.

and! very humorous painting! i see why sal nominated you in his contest

truffle
10-01-2002, 09:30 PM
paint everything in black

dots
10-01-2002, 10:37 PM
exelent idea black im gonna do it ! saw some stuff in a book that was all white(i swear) thanks black it is and theres always tons of cheap black spray paint like for a buck wow im going to homeless depot right now!

truffle
10-02-2002, 02:30 AM
if an artist paints in the forest and no one sees him..is it still art?
who is to say what color should or should not be used. only the rare philospoher from the far east who has spent many years twiddling away at the true being can respond to this matter. yet those who live in calabassas should not through paint.