PDA

View Full Version : Horizon (WIP)

Greg C.
09-29-2002, 03:32 AM
This started as a small drawing in my sketchbook several years ago. Scanned the sketch in a few days ago, combined it it several scanned textures and slides and came up with this image. I'm happy with the sky and overall color...not so sure about the little patch of blue sky showing through on the bottom. I might refine it or replace it...any suggestions?

crazy_cat
09-29-2002, 10:06 AM
Small drawing.....looks great Greg! What program do you use? This is really great work! I like the blue.

plumpfairy
09-29-2002, 05:45 PM
:D Hey GregC.
Very dramatic, dark, bleak, and lonely....I like it!:D
I'm not sure about the little blu patch either:confused:
jana:p :D ;)

boo
09-29-2002, 06:12 PM
I don't mind the blue part. It gives the painting another level

boo

JustjoGA
09-29-2002, 06:28 PM
Interesting concept.... lots going on.... I do like the blue area... sets off the other very well...

nonamac
09-29-2002, 06:43 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Another great digital piece from you, Greg!! I LIKE the blue sky at the bottom, but it DOES distract the eye...what else have you done with that bit???

nonamac

Wolverine
09-29-2002, 07:05 PM
I like it. I want to cut the picture in half & take the top part. :D

TeAnne
09-29-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Greg C.
This started as a small drawing in my sketchbook several years ago. Scanned the sketch in a few days ago, combined it it several scanned textures and slides and came up with this image. I'm happy with the sky and overall color...not so sure about the little patch of blue sky showing through on the bottom. I might refine it or replace it...any suggestions?
THIS is VERY impressive, I'de love to see a series based on this theme. WOW:clap: :cat:

Greg C.
09-30-2002, 03:25 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm not sold on my little blue patch so I will probably try something different...as nonamac says, it does distract a bit.

Originally posted by crazy_cat
Small drawing.....looks great Greg! What program do you use? This is really great work! I like the blue.

I just use Photoshop, a scanner (Epson 2450) and a Wacom tablet. I have spent a long time buiding up a scan "library" of various photos I have taken, artwork, scanned textures, objects, etc... Having all that original source material on hand makes creating digital art a lot more fun!

nonamac
09-30-2002, 10:33 PM
Greg, I'm looking forward to the result!

Which wacom tablet are you using? Julie, Lisa and I have intuos and are just learning its possibilities. Any advice would be appreciated.

nonamac

Greg C.
09-30-2002, 10:58 PM
I just have a Graphire....jealous of your Intuos! :p I never could get used to the "screen mode" of my tablet so I switched it over to Mouse mode and am much more comfortable with this...still not the same as drawing on paper but close.

nonamac
10-01-2002, 01:11 AM
Greg, just upgraded from the CalComp drawing slate, which I loved for more years than it was supposed to last. :D Now that I know from WC that I'm supposed to have more control than I seem to have, I want to learn how to make it go.

nonamac:cat:

digistyle
10-05-2002, 02:43 PM
This is excellent! I really like the concept of seeing the horizon and the blue sky beneath at the same time.

digistyle