PDA

View Full Version : For your amusemant

westcoast_Mike
07-09-2010, 11:05 AM
I was painting at Topanga State Park in April with Allied Artist. There were some local Huell Howser wannabe's there filming a show (Out and About) and they wanted to piece on our group. Well, it's in the can now and can be viewed here (http://www.scvtv.com/html/outabout253btv.html). You may recognize the piece I'm working on from an earlier post (Postcard...)

Deborah Secor
07-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Nice, Mike! Your painting looked great. I enjoyed what the artists who were interviewed had to say, too.

Deborah

westcoast_Mike
07-09-2010, 11:56 AM
thanks Deborah, they are a real class group.

Donna T
07-09-2010, 06:41 PM
I really enjoyed watching that, Mike, and it was nice to see you there with your pastels! I'm always interested in what other plein air artists have to say about their methods. No wonder you all are so happy to go to that location to paint - it's gorgeous even on an overcast day. Thanks!

bluefish
07-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks Mike for sharing this video with us - it was very interesting to see how the artist depicted the scene in their own way - very talented group you have there - good spot for your pastel technique - great painting.

'blue....' :thumbsup:

rugman
07-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the link. Enjoyed the video... looked like fun. Nice painting by the way.

Anne-Marie
07-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Nice,Mike! That was fun to watch! I like your piece and enjoyed seeing you and the others "in action"!

PeggyB
07-10-2010, 03:00 AM
Thanks for sharing Mike. You paint with a talented group of artists. It was fun watching, and listening to each person telling about what they do.

Kathryn Wilson
07-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Hi Mike - that was fun to watch! Nice bunch of people to paint with and it was interesting to see all the different interpretations.

Thanks!

Paula Ford
07-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Wonderful Mike! That was really nice!

robertsloan2
07-11-2010, 10:43 PM
That looked like so much fun! Thanks for sharing the video. I loved seeing so many different painters in different mediums and styles. Had to laugh when the narrator asked the pastelist if she was using chalks though. There is a real need for educating the public on just what pastels are.

westcoast_Mike
07-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Glad everone has enjoyed this. Yes they are a great group to paint with. There is a link to their websiteon my own. Their paint outs are open to all if you ever happen to be in the area. The schedule with locations is posted on their site.