GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: woman in window
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Board
Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a small painting to test the idea before doing a large one (maybe 2' x 3')?
I know the lighting isn't realistic but that doesn't concern me if the image works

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Is there enough interest for a larger canvas or shoud I add something to the darker ares?
Would work better with the canvass vertical?
Any other suggestions and critiques are welcome

simon levenson
09-29-2002, 02:46 AM
I would like to see you answer your first question. If you can not than there is not a lot of hope that a veiwer can. Your interest in you subject will be ours, maybe not for the same reasons but you have to committ before we do. So ask yourself, do you have enough interest in this painting to make a larger one...?

Not sure about the verticle quesion... as I think the whole compostition is based on the horizontal....

As for the interest in the shadows, here is a black and white version to show you, your values... that may help you see the composition of your values as opposed to simply the composition of your lines... You can alter your values for interest if your choose to but first you must see where they are...

jerryW
09-29-2002, 08:49 AM
the portrait here has to be of moonlight on the floor, the woman has to remain incidental - or crop away 80% of the scene.
if you go for moonlight on th efloor, you can enhance the variation of light and color there and in the surrounding dark areas.

eli
09-29-2002, 12:30 PM
Simon
The ? about the interest my have been misleding. In my original sketch I had torches stuck in the wall, made shadows in the stone and adding alot of texture. When I did this I left them out and liked the way it looked also.....I guess I was trying to get some feedback without leading you in the direction I already saw. Maybe I just need to do two paintings.

jerryw
Its funny you focused on the shadow on the floor. I was focused on creating a mood with the moonlight. I thought I was finnished. Then realized I had put in the shadow of the window but forgot the woman,s shadow

:o