Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 8X10
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Water Mixable Oils

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any feedback regarding any aspect of the painting is greatly appreciated.

La_
07-05-2010, 04:58 PM
nice, i like the soft of it

the glow around the top of her head could be blended some and in doing so also softening the point ... unless she's got one of those hair filler attachment thingys on in which case please disregard

a visual ... http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jul-2010/84648-Image7.jpg

la

ThreeWolves
07-06-2010, 03:51 AM
I love the expression on her face and the Softness like LA said. The handling of her eyes really bring her to life.

Mikey
07-06-2010, 04:08 AM
This looks like what a portrait should be to me. I do think you should check the line up of the eyes.

greensyster
07-06-2010, 04:12 AM
beautiful portrait of an obviously lovely subject.

such skillful blending of a small but excellent palette.

to me, the eye on the right of the image should be lighter than that on the left. also the iris could be lifted with a smidgen of light on the side closest the nose and a hint of additional light on the lower curve of the white of that eyeball.

Delightful capture of her features.

cathaden
07-06-2010, 08:13 AM
beautiful portrait of your beautiful daughter. My only suggestion besides La's on the hair, is her left eyebrow needs to extend a bit longer towards the hairline & perhaps raised in height to be more in line with the right eyebrow.

couturej
07-06-2010, 09:07 AM
La, Thank you so much for your help! I see that the head is way off. She had glasses on her head and it was difficult to see where her head curved around but I felt that something wasn't quite right. The visual really helps to see where it went wrong. :)

ThreeWolves, Thank you! :)

Mikey, Thank you! I'll check the placement of her eyes as suggested. :)

Thank you Marie for your kind words and help! Your points on her eyes are right on. She was squinting in the photo so I sorta had to make it up but I'll get some photos of her eyes to try and bring more details in and make some changes as suggested. :)

catahden, thank you! I see what you mean regarding her eyebrow and it certainly is off. I had one of her eyes too low and as a result had to redo it and move it up but I forgot to move her eyebrow up too. oops. :)

maryinasia
07-06-2010, 09:23 AM
the painting looks like a real person. beautiful

valentine girl
07-06-2010, 11:09 AM
very nice portrait. love your inclusion of light! beautiful subject*****sandy

couturej
07-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Thank you maryinasia and Sandra! :)

billmahler
07-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Nicely done, indeed
Good points above.
A few deeper darks on her right side might help, I think

couturej
07-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Thank you Bill! I think you're rite regarding the darks. I was struggling a lot with this.

It was a limited palette RYB and Caucasian skin tones which I usually don't paint. I was testing out the whole using cool colors to create form but need more practice in that area.

kathrynlovespets
07-14-2010, 04:40 AM
I enjoy it. She has intelligent and mysterious eyes.