GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Using Old Paint
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Paint left over from my Grey Day .. Autumn painting .. this one is done more with the knife while the other was primarily brush ..

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
???

jerryW
09-28-2002, 01:32 PM
clever use of orange
and dark dark

artbabe21
09-28-2002, 03:35 PM
this is a delightful fall scene...
beautiful colors...
great trunk on that tree and the spooky branches, reaching out for those trick or treators...:rolleyes:

i remember those from when i was a kid...:(

JustjoGA
09-28-2002, 04:08 PM
I think this is another success, Wayne... should be shown as a companion piece to the "Grey Day" one...

Wayne Gaudon
09-28-2002, 04:55 PM
thank you ..
Gerry .. orange and green make for interesting lovers.

Cath~ you will never see mud if I see it first .. it will get the old scrape down .. I used a brush on the other and had a bunch of piant left over as the usage drops when using a brush.

JustjoGA .. right you are.

Paintonbrush
09-28-2002, 09:20 PM
MY TURN. THIS gave me a little heart palpitation....really !!
I think its hard to create the glow that fall imerses us in...I mean, I think "put away the yellow"
but you got to and to add the green blue that only our brain can cope with when fall shines its brightest.
frame it.

therese
09-29-2002, 12:50 PM
<b> Nice autumn scene...love the flow of the ground...Oil or acrylic? Anyway...its easy to enjoy this piece...
one picky note... The two trees (pines) in the right top jump out at me...possibly one more needed behind them or to the right?
Anyway...love the use of oranges and warms agains the water.
Therese' new member

dots
09-29-2002, 08:15 PM
wow those leaves are ralistic in the forground,you into Max Ernst?...... the grass area doesnt seem to work i have no clue how to do grass(painting ..) mess with some perspective tricks to try to make it go into the distance.my favorite is 2 point perspective with the pints at horizan line off the canvass..ya gotta experiment with this 2 point stuff.try this if its dry.......take a roll of masking tape,put it on your table ,take a ball point pen,and hold the point against the roll of tape.....now rotate the tape and you get a swell line around the tape.put the tape on something that will allow you to hold a sharp blade (roofing knife with changable blades is awsome) do not cut yourself !!!!!!!!! hold the blade still and roll the tape....this way you can make niffty thing masking tape like 1/8 inch etc.....use the skinny tape to draw the perspective lines from you 2 points(this way you dont mess up your painting) what you should get is a kinda dumb checker board grid big on the bottom small at the horizen. if you do this alot.,you cant drive cause youre seeing perspective grids every where..... sorry about this boring deluge....it wasnt a critique but more of a way to play with your painting without destroying it.but the old perspective tricks can help sometimes,check out some mid eastern art ,,,,some of it doesnt give a sh*t about perspective and its really trippy,like stuff that doesnt work but does dots a go go

therese
09-29-2002, 08:22 PM
<b> loved your reply to this one Dots...
sometimes I use pin striping tape...to do the same thing..
They sell it at auto parts stores...comes in very thin widths..
just a thought.
Nice painting and fun critique tooo.

best regards, therese

Wayne Gaudon
09-29-2002, 10:02 PM
thank you Paint On Brush ..

dots ..
I looked at Max Ernst many years ago .. if I remember he did red horses and blue dogs etc .. loads of color but well balanced.
Perspective .. now that's an experiment.

therese .. yes, odd numbers are usually more attractive.

meiwun
09-30-2002, 04:40 AM
what a warm autumn scene..
so like this feeling

wayne, u are so hard working :)

Wayne Gaudon
09-30-2002, 08:31 AM
meiwun .. thank you .. had a nice visit at your site .. you are a good and growing artist.

later,

Antonella
09-30-2002, 09:07 AM
PERFECT! this piece is so wonderful, the trees look so real and alive!

giniaad
09-30-2002, 11:50 AM
it's electric!
just like some fall days can be

well done!

Wayne Gaudon
09-30-2002, 12:03 PM
thank you ...
it's always the one you think worse that other people love ..
:confused: