PDA

View Full Version : WIA Thursday First of July! 2010

TheBlueBetween
07-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Hi Peeps :) Just getting going here, looking for the ground to dry up so I can take Luke to tennis. And then I want to make a red white and blue bead for the 4th.

Whatcha all up to??

Andee
07-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Hi Pam, hi all!

I'm not up to anything anymore today except for going to bed REALLY soon... *yawn* So glad it's only one more day 'til the weekend. Will meet my new boss tomorrow. Brrr.

:grouphug:

Barrie
07-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Good morning! Happy Canada Day to any and all Canadians that stroll through today (or am I the only one?!).

Pam, hope the weather dries out for you - a patriotic bead sounds like fun - can't wait to see what you come up with!

Andee, hope the new boss isn't horrid! One more day til the weekend is a good thing - hang in there! :)

:wave: to all that pass by today! It's a holiday today, so dh is home with me (means I probably won't get much done! LOL) but I did spend yesterday working in the studio a bit so I'm feeling a bit motivated to head back down there and work some more - I have a ring almost finished that I want to see done (it's for me!). Plus a few other things on the go. But first I should really tidy the kitchen and have some lunch. Such a tough day! (NOT!) Hope you all have a good one! Cheers!

TheBlueBetween
07-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Happy Canada Day, Barrie!

Andee, I am also crossing my fingers that the new boss will be great, and uber efficient, and will make your life easier.

LadyArowana
07-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Happy Canada day from me too. Sounds like you found a nice way to enjoy it.

Pam, hope the patriotic beads turns out well. We don't celebrate 4th July here LOL.

Andee, good luck for first day with new boss.

Carpet fitters arrived bright and early and have made a good start on things. Bedroom is completed and they have done some of the first floor and stairs. Thought they ( there's 2 of them ) might be done by the end of tomorrow. That would be super as I could then tidy up and go back to London Saturday afternoon. Havn't bought ticket yet as I want to be sure before I get anything non refundable.

Have a good one all. Fiona

TheBlueBetween
07-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Haha Fiona, I'm sure you don't! LOL I'm reading a history book that supposedly tells the TRUTH about what happened from Columbus to now... US history. I'm looking forward to the revolutionary war - I've alway wondered what the UK history books said about that.

It's on the verge of raining and if it does... I have to rush back and get him. SO I can't start an hour-long bead. bummer. But I'm going to go start by making some red/white/blue twisty. maybe the sun will come out when I'm done with that.

claire.c
07-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi guys
I had a seriously bad night last night and am feeling really sleepy. For some reason my back is getting upset by our memory mattress, suspect it is because you sink into them and don't change position often enough. Woke up about 2.30 with screaming back pain and couldn't get comfortable no matter what I did. So I took some anti inflammatories and came down and spent the rest of the night on the sofa which worked out much better. Leon was thrilled that I had decided to join him downstairs, but was very good about letting me sleep.

Today I had physio, and myknee is much improved. I discussed the fall with her and she thinks it might have released something called a plica and this would be why it is now starting to recover. I've rung my acupuncturist and made an appointment for Tuesday, with any luck he will get me up and running again.

When I got my tent lining finished last night I remembered that I had bought some iron-on lumious stars ages ago and decided to iron them on the inside of the lining. Don't know how well they will show up but I thought it might be quite pretty.

Barrie, hope the ring turns out how you want. I'm not a ring wearer, other than my wedding ring and even that gets caught on things.

Pam, how do passports work in the US, do you just have id cards for normal travel? Hope the bead comes out well, how are you going to make it a stars & stripes bead rather than a union jack or tricolore? I don't know much about history, most of what we learnt was UK biased and I remember little beyond the industrial revolution.

Andee, only one more day. Hope the new boss is nice, it would make going in to work much more appealing.

Fiona, your workmen are getting on with things, it will be good to get that out of the way and get back to London. Does the new house seem like yours yet?