Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
11 x 14 Oil On Canvas/Board
Comments welcome .. ...

I tried to add more artistic flavor to my paintings but ended up scraping the last 5 pieces so when all else fails, try to understand what is happening. I wanted to paint more artistically but I think when I stretched, I found myself outside myself and I have not yet developed the inner requirements to go that far out. So, here I am again painting as I can paint and I guess if I am to paint in this manner, I should not be a malcontent and should be thankful that I can paint in any manner.

No more complaining and wishing for me .. I am just simply going to paint and let all else fall where it will. I want my painting to be a happy time and scraping down piece after piece is not condusive to being happy.

Later all.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
If you hear me complain again would you please start a petition and ban me from this site?

artbabe21
09-28-2002, 12:06 PM
It seems you've turned another corner with this beauty!

I love the varied greens in the distant trees, refelctions...

water & rocks...terrific...

lovely colors of the season.......

however i have to say in my mind it doesn't have the wayne style stamp on it and that's not a bad thing, you're growing, i see a new you......

Hope all your painting is forever more happy, no more scraping :)

YLCIA
09-28-2002, 12:10 PM
Wow, Wayne, BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
Julia:)

JustjoGA
09-28-2002, 12:11 PM
Wayne, I've been watching your efforts at stretching, and I like it best when you relax and paint what is you.... I love this one very much, the colors are marvelous, evocative of fall approaching.....

Antonella
09-28-2002, 01:01 PM
this paintings is so very full of life and serenity. The tree in the foreground can almost be seen swaying in the breeze and the colours of the trees in the background is just right.

just one tiny observation, the water in the foreground seems agitatet but the water in the background seems too still. Maybe increasing the ripple in the background reflection could help.

:)

Wayne Gaudon
09-28-2002, 01:15 PM
thank you all ..

Antonella .. good observation.
Hopefully, this will explain the issue .. the front is where a little steam dumps into the lake so it has motion and the outside waters are still ..

Paintonbrush
09-28-2002, 09:06 PM
YOu have so many things going right here....(how do you get them framed so quickly?) the tree, up front, water, rocks, all competing to be the best.

this one taught you something. I like this landscape alot. you are hard on Wayne. leave him alone !! ;-)
maybe let go of the "methodical" you.... a little ?

Wayne Gaudon
09-29-2002, 05:30 AM
Paintonbrush .. thank you .. that's no frame .. it's just borders added in Paint Shop Pro ..

Later,

jerryW
09-29-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Paintonbrush
YOu have so many things going right here....(how do you get them framed so quickly?) the tree, up front, water, rocks, all competing to be the best.
this one taught you something. I like this landscape alot. you are hard on Wayne. leave him alone !! ;-)

I like and agree!
both

Wayne Gaudon
09-29-2002, 10:02 PM
thank you

giniaad
09-30-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Paintonbrush

me three!
great one here Wayne!
restful in an excitting way...

Wayne Gaudon
10-01-2002, 05:52 AM
giniaad .. thank you ..

madmum
10-01-2002, 06:40 AM
Wayne the foliage on your maple is glowing! I really like your warm foreground and cool background, beautiful painting. :)

Ruth

Wayne Gaudon
10-03-2002, 06:47 AM
thank you Ruth ..

Southern Style
10-04-2002, 01:19 AM
Bright, exciting work..like a breathe of fresh air!

Wayne Gaudon
10-04-2002, 02:43 AM
Marcia .. thank you

Here is a funny one for you. I was standing on a little one lane bridge looking down at this site (different view than this one) when a car stopped on the bridge behind me. He says in a gruff voice, "What you looking at. there's nothing down there but rocks."
I say, "Sure beats looking at a highrise in a crowded city."
He says,"Bah, thought there was an animal or something to look at. Nothing there but rocks."
I say,"Have a nice day, if you'll excuse me, I would like to just stand and admire this little spot." I turn away from the man.
He grumbles something and speeds off spinning his tires and letting a few rocks fly my way. (gravel road)

One weird dude. Must have been a local to the lake area and wondering if I was hunting out of season of trying to steal a leaf from one of the million trees. What a weird event.

Paintonbrush
10-04-2002, 10:24 AM
wayne, sounds like my father in law......even the bears run the other way. ;-)