PDA

View Full Version : WIA Wednesday 30th June

LadyArowana
06-30-2010, 06:21 AM
Hi everyone:wave: Off to get my train in a while. Just had a call from carpet man and he had a cancellation so can start tomorrow rather than Monday :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: . I really want to get all the house things squared away and not have to stay there longer than necessary. It's a lovely house, BUT with no furniture it gets a bit tedious, like a weird sort of camping. The London place is moving in the right direction though, can't wait for "real" bed in a couple of weeks. Must dash, last packing to do ( requires ironing ). Have a good one all. Fiona

TheBlueBetween
06-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi Fiona, good news!! Have a good trip :)

Still early here, am thinking a run to the health food store and passport photos for me and luke, and hopefully opening the pool today (one more chemical to put in and then test to see if we got it right). Yesterday I splurged and got my pool side lounge chairs - I've been wanting them for years but either miss them (they sell out) or think they are too pricey. I just did it yesterday, to heck with the money! Now if only the sun would come out, i could sit out there and read a book.

Seriously... not much going on...

:wave:

Andee
06-30-2010, 02:16 PM
:wave: <- that'll be all for today, did a wrong head-tilt and am dizzy as hell...

LadyArowana
06-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Hi Pam and Andee:wave: , I'm at the house. My train was delayed for 2 hours. Some poor sould threw themselves in front of a train ahead of ours. Spooky as this is the second time it has happened to me in a little over a month. When I was on the way to the airport for Italy it was a couple of stations down the subway line I use. We didn't see anything, but still made me feel very sad to think of the poor family and the driver of the train as well. I guess an empty house isn't that bad!

The dratted utility company had finally sent me a bill ... only been registered for the house since mid-Feb!!! I called them back in May and said I needed a bill, but despite saying they would send a manually raised one based on the readings I gave them, they didn't and have now sent an estimated one. Luckily I had budgeted for it being rather hefty, but it's annoying that they wait months and then tell you to pay immediately. Painters have done though which is good.

Hi to all who pop in later. Fiona

TheBlueBetween
06-30-2010, 03:31 PM
thats so sad, Fiona. you are right, an empty house isn't so bad. I'm looking forward to pictures of your new place... have you already posted some?

claire.c
06-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Hi all
Looks like I spoke too soon on my back, it has been very bad today. It may be in part because I overdid things, problem is I wanted to get the tent liner finished so a combination of crawling around and bending over a sewing machine has probably been disastrous. That said I am better now than I was this morning. David decided to go sailing with a friend this morning so I had to take Leon in to work. He was very good, I think he liked the aircon.

I've heard I am probably playing a major role in the play this autumn. I spoke to the director last night and he wants me to play the mother of the lead male, and my mother to play the grandmother. It should be amusing, I'll have to work hard on the lines. They shouldn't be to bad as it has quite short speeches and not overly much repetition.

Fiona, my back wasn't really Leon's fault, I couldn't say exactly what caused it although I suspect it was a spine twisting thing we did in yoga. Suicides on the line are a strange thing, I can't understand why anyone would want their death to cause so much annoyance. Great news on the carpets, hope it all goes smoothly.

Andee, isn't the new boss going to have the old boss's desk? Ouch for the neck, do take care.

Pam, good to hear you are feeling better, I thought you had sounded much brighter lately. Yay for the new chairs, I didn't realise you had a pool in the garden.

Barrie
06-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Claire, ouch on the back!! Try to take it a bit easier! (I know, easier said than done!). I can just imagine Leon enjoying the aircon at work! :) How fun to be in a play with your mother! I still wish I lived close enough to come to those plays of yours! :)

Pam, hmm, luxurious poolside chairs, trips to Vegs - we're going to start thinking you're quite the lady of leisure if you're not careful! :)

Fiona, how sad is right! I can't even fathom anyone thinking it would be a good way to go either - just plain icky!! You're right though, an empty house is not nearly so bad in light of that.

:wave: to all - I had a play day with a friend today. She's the one that does the resin classes at the bead show. We were going to do some etching and some resin clay stuff and ended up chatting the day away! It was nice! We're going to get together soon again - we both are notorious for becoming hermits if left to our own devices!! I have a couple of students arriving an a half hour or so - so I had best get cracking. Hope you all have a great evening! Cheers!

TheBlueBetween
06-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Barrie, I'm workin' it! Trying anyway ;) Also working on my passport so I can get up to canada sooner rather than later!

Claire, that's not good at all!!! you need to rest and relax and go for accupuncture asap. as you know. Your fall play should be fun!