PDA

View Full Version : Help Into 3D

Wolverine
09-28-2002, 01:30 AM
Hey everybody. This image is getting on my nerves. I have so much I want to do with it & so little time to try any of it. I think I have the main objects in place, but everything else is questionable. From textures to size to placement. Since I*m making The Trinity a 3D image, I think I want to leave the Lord*s name out and make a similiar cross design. I just have to find the way to do it. I*ll do something with the lighting later. Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

bmckamey
09-28-2002, 02:17 AM
my favorite part of this piece so far is the blue sphere at the bottom, especially the reflections in it.
i would make that a bigger part of the picture plane. also, perhaps scale the crosses a bit differently so that there is the illusion of a shallow depth.

post the update when you have time!!

oh, and just a question. what draws you to the black background so much? i was just wondering....:)

Wolverine
09-28-2002, 02:41 AM
Black is my absolute favorite color. When different ideas started coming to my head for Christians designs I told the Lord He had the wrong person. Don*t get me wrong, I like rainbows, fluffy clouds, blue skys........except when I get on my computer & start designing something. Lighter backgrounds, highly overrated for me. The problem is, well, some other Christian folks don*t see it as being so good. My work seems to be too different at times to fit in with other Christian art. But as long as ideas keep coming, I*ll keep rendering them. I do have one design, JRainbow, that*s as colorful as I*m gonna get. People like it too. I*ll post it later.

bmckamey
09-28-2002, 12:01 PM
don't worry about other folks not thinking your work is "so good". thats going to happen among any group of people, christian or not.

so, you said in the other thread that you're experimenting with color... what else are you experimenting with?

crazy_cat
09-28-2002, 02:17 PM
Yep, some people hit the boards to put everything down no matter what, yet they don't post anything of theirs. Go figure. You know when someone is giving you true help or not, good or bad. Keep at it and post all you want. I really enjoyed your site and poetry!:cat: :cat:

Wolverine
09-30-2002, 01:23 AM
Hey, I*m still working on Trinity 3D. I still haven*t put everything in it or in the right place. But I wonder if I*m going in the right direction. I still have to add effects, work on the lighting, etc. But I need the foundation of the image to be solid. What do you guys think? :confused:

Guy
09-30-2002, 01:00 PM
I think the main problem with these images is clutter and confusion. Trying to express the trinity with three (or four) crosses doesn't make sense, and the baloons (planets?) look like space flotsam on the black BG. Since the trinity is three gods unified into one, you may want to give them some cohesion.

crazy_cat
09-30-2002, 01:03 PM
Since you have The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, maybe The Father as the center, The Son on the right hand side and The Holy Spirit from The Son. They are three yet they are one. The universe idea is good since God created all.

bmckamey
09-30-2002, 03:54 PM
i like this one much better than the previous one.

i don't think that the planets/balloons/balls make the composition too complicated, but they are drawing attention away from the Trinity. Perhaps if they had a bit of "atmospheric" perspective, that is, that the less important objects appear less defined and lighter in color than the main subjects. That might help focus the viewer on your subject more.

Keep it up, and keep posting the progress!

(oh by the way, so I don't wind up being one of the people "who hit the boards" with crits but never post their own work; i'll be posting some of mine as soon as I work out a few technical difficulties!)

Wolverine
10-01-2002, 12:38 AM
In the first image, I like the placement of the objects better. The Trinity is front & center, the planets are apart of the background more. I want to take the objects from the second image & put them in the first one. The objects in the 2nd are more interesting. In the 1st one, the blue on the Earth is much better, also. So, I*ll do some combining, adding some effects, & I*ll be back with the update. Oh, & I don*t sweat crits. In the end, every artist does what they want to do anyway. Right? Right. :)

Wolverine
10-01-2002, 02:42 AM
Okay, I know I should be asleep by now, but I wanted to show you guys what I was talking about earlier. I tried to take the good things from both images & put them in one image. I still need to add some objects, maybe make the crosses & the Earth bigger. It*s a lot of outer space to fill. I want to use something creative. But the concept seems a little better. More comments/suggestions? Thanks. :)

coolray
10-01-2002, 06:32 PM
Wolverine,
I have been reading and watching the progress. I like the start of it. But I am inclined to think that you may have one too many cross representations. And for composition, try making the crosses somewhat larger, and give them a connection. As far as the black background, how else can the Light shine, if there is no darkness to shine against? Your approach to black is okay by me.

What program are you using? It would help to know that. Kind of gives us a way to help you some.

I hope I have helped, though like you said, we artists tend to listen and do it our own way!:D

Don't give up!

Terry

Guy
10-01-2002, 07:14 PM
This one is a lot better I think. It has a tighter composition and I'm seeing planets rather than balloons. The symbolism is still confusing though. If you want me, the viewer to read 3 crosses orbiting a larger cross as the trinity, it ain't gonna happen. When I think of the symbolic trinity I imagine things like crucifixes, tounges of flame, doves etc. with maybe a nebular mass in the BG for the godhead, or an intense burst of light. Or how about a cross-shaped monolith, like from 2001! "My stars, it's full of God!" :D Kidding aside, it's about communication. The image looks fine, but if it's the trinity you're going for, you need to make some adjustments.

Wolverine
10-02-2002, 12:38 AM
Okay...here*s how it all started. Back in 1996 I drew a picture called The Trinity. My subtitle is All In One. I used colored pencils & black marker to fill it in. My thinking is to have each regular cross symbolize each Person of the Trinity. Keeping the idea, All In One, in mind, what happens when you put the Three together? You have this One, Sumpreme Godhead. That*s where the sharp edged cross comes in. It symbolizes the unity between the Three, while the regular crosses lets the viewer know there are 3. It*s like.....Three Persons....one throne. Yeah, exactly like that. Well, here*s the original pen/ink for those who haven*t seen it in the other forum. Oh, I*m using CorelDream 3D: Version 8. So, I think I can forget about making lightning, but I have another idea in mind to connect the crosses more. Thanks for the feedback everybody. I really do need help bringing this into 3D land. :)

Wolverine
10-13-2002, 07:52 PM
Well, I think I*m finished messing with it. I finally got some time to work on it today. Whew....I hope I got the most out of it. :clap:

Guy
10-13-2002, 10:31 PM
This is my favorite.