PDA

View Full Version : Emotional Fleur de Lis

lindapaul
06-28-2010, 02:43 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/06-28-2010/140175_primary_colors_fleur_de_lis_contemporary_abstract_painting_linda_paul.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Emotional Fleur de Lis
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12 x 16
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
I have been so frustrated by the disaster in the Gulf, its been inpossible for me to paint in my usual tight egg tempera style. So I decided to channel my emotions into a abstract piece that expresses my desire to create order from chaos. The fleur de lis is the symbol of solidarity and with this work I offer my solidarity and hope to the people of the Gulf. Since I have never tried a truly abstract piece before I am interested to hear what you think

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
do you like the color? the composition?<br> does it make you feel anything emotionally?<br>what could improve this piece?

toraman
06-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Beautiful. I like everything. Actually I find it quite perfect.

jbart
06-28-2010, 10:28 PM
I like it. It does come across with order out of randomness ie, the chaos you mentioned. Here, I think having the focus in the center makes a rule of its own and can be thought of as leadership ie, something needed to overcome the chaos imo. Or, maybe I am just having a moment. LOL

lindapaul
06-29-2010, 12:02 PM
thanks you for your encouragement! when one is stepping out to do something new, a little encouragement goes a long way

kuphoff
06-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Wow! This is really good.. I would have gotten the message just from the painting without your explaination.

lindapaul
06-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Thank you so much for you nice comment. It encourages me on to work on a larger version of it. Thanks

La_
07-01-2010, 12:40 AM
very much liking the chaos mixed with the clean line but find the little polka dots in the white space detract with their cuteness

la

lindapaul
07-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Hi la
I do see your point. Maybe it would be better stark and raw with nothing in that space, or maybe it does need a transition element, perhaps a line instead of a dot

ThreeWolves
07-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Looks like an emblem of some kind.

lindapaul
07-03-2010, 04:17 PM
The fleur de lis is an emblem!